• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do you feel about using AR to get event poke's?

AR to get event legends?

• It's a great idea.

Votes: 23 26.7%
  • It's not okay.

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • I wouldn't care.

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • I already got my legends through actually going to events.

Votes: 10 11.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • I have used an Action Replay to activate events to receive event-only Pokémon because I don't have the ability to go to the events.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    In Gen III, yeah i have used AR to get event only Legendaries to finish my Pokedex, and they where released straight after.
    In Gen IV, no i haven't used AR, however i would be more likely to consider doing that than trading legit shines/EV trained Pokémon for an event which has a 50% chance of been hacked, because at least that way, i don't loose my legit Pokémon, AR is only ok if your not going to trade/battle with the Pokémon you get with it.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • You think it's ruining fun. So be it. You are allowed to feel that way. My point is, though, that not everyone finds the same things fun. I personally find hacking entertaining. I used the shiny encounters code a few times, but I don't especially live with it turned on. I found a legitimate shiny, and ever since I've been thankful for having just one, not a whole box full of hacks. I am waiting for the shaymin event to get a legit one. Is that wrong? Is hacking a shaymin wrong? I'd say no to both of those, as long as you don't say a hacked shaymin is legit. >_< As I say, a shaymin is a shaymin. It doesn't matter to me.
    I meant ruining fun as getting something invincible for battles or at the beginning of the game. What's the point if you beat the entire game in.. I don't know, an hour?

And I'm not saying hacking is wrong, it's wrong only when you trade off the hacks for something legit and the other person doesn't know.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • I meant ruining fun as getting something invincible for battles or at the beginning of the game. What's the point if you beat the entire game in.. I don't know, an hour?

And I'm not saying hacking is wrong, it's wrong only when you trade off the hacks for something legit and the other person doesn't know.

Oddly, some people do find that fun.

I'm not one of them, though.

I believe you. I must have misread your post.

I have to be careful, however. I once used EV cheats and surpassed the limit of 510. I have no idea how it happened, but I'm still re-breeding my team. One of the Pokémon was a legit jirachi. :(
    Fortunately, the one person who battled me accepted the idea of a rematch to make up for my mistake.

Blaine's Best Student

Elite 4 Member
    Years
  • I have used an Action Replay to activate events to receive event-only Pokémon because I don't have the ability to go to the events.

Thats what I do, I dont think it ruins the fun, i mean in emerald You have to go to these differnt Islands, id rather go to the islands to see them and participate in what I have to do such as the chasing Mew mini game.

dewey

Anime Addict
    Years
  • i go to toys r us and gamestop ones. even tho i have an ar tho i dont hack em cause the fun of the event pokes is saying that u actually went to the event...:\

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
  • well it all really depends, like i'd use it to catch a pokemon that was proving to be a huge pain, or if i just want to sneak in a shiney pokemon or two, and i kinda used it to get event pokemon.........but i'm not "all" for it, if thats what you mean.

Years
  • If any Events came to the middle of nowhere where I live, I wouldn't need to use an AR to get event Pokemon.

But, they all go to major cities which don't include Boston or Hartford. Besides, I've been using an AR to get event Pokemon all the time.

As for using an AR to max out stats, I don't do that. I don't even know how to do that. So, if I do trade Pokemon, they are 100% not hacked.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    I don't mind.

I, myself, love to hack and cheat on Pokemon games, but I do have my own morals/rules. Like I will not trade hacked Pokemon. So I believe that it is ok as long as you catch that Pokemon legitimately after. I even did the Darkrai event for Diamond and Pearl just to say that I got it without cheats. So like i said, I find it to be ok if you keep to yourself or catch it legitimately.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It's not the right thing to do, if you're playing competitively.
    But it's perfectly fine for me, since I don't play competitively.

Yeah, I use it, cause I'm not that great of a fan to go out to an event to get them.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I got an Acreus from some hackers at a MC Donalds event
    They were giving ou the members pass and the hackers hacked the stream and changed it to an Azerue Flute

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Depends, if the event is no longer available then maybe I'll buy a AR.
    If is there's a legit way of getting it, then I prefer that.
    I dream of visiting America when I'm older (Disneyland, Nintendo Center) and way more Nintendo consoles.

Michael Chartrose

지저분한 연수생
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    I wouldn't really care much since I've already got level 100 Pokémon, and got some of the Pokémon through events in the US. All I could care about with Action Replay is getting some codes for items and a few Pokémon to collect 'em all. Using Action Replay to get event Pokémon is worthless, and the only upside of it is that it's priceless (excluding the pay for Action Replay).

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I do not think it is very good AT ALL...but if you do it, it's not my choice, just don't abuse it, or u'll lose it!

DaPews

Pokemon Planet Vice President
    Years
  • To be honest, it's just a game. I don't care either way though, as long as they aren't going to use it or anything. If they were trying to trade it to me though, I don't think I would take it.

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    Well, how is it possible to get a event Pokemon in R/S/E and FR/LG? It's impossible nowdays all the event have gone and past, besides I live in England so i would have to travel all the way to Amercia, which is just pointless.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    I would use an AR to get event Pokémon, plainly because I don't feel like flying out to America to get a Pokemon.

I second that.

I dont see why people make such a big deal about it. If you use an AR to get a pokemon that is the exact same (something like a Pokesav clone) then I dont think theres any problems... But if its a Mew thats caught in Route xxx then ergh. Go awai

Back