• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do you feel about using AR to get event poke's?

AR to get event legends?

• It's a great idea.

Votes: 23 26.7%
  • It's not okay.

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • I wouldn't care.

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • I already got my legends through actually going to events.

Votes: 10 11.6%

• Total voters

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    I really only use it to make "personalized" Pokemon for myself, based after favorite anime characters, OCs, and things like that. I don't do Wi-fi battling, and never intend to trade any of them, so it's not hurting anything.

I never had a GBA cheating device of any sort, so none of my 3rd-gen games have ever been cheated in, though it's the only gen I didn't use one. Gens 1 & 2 I cheated in for the same purpose, and also just to mess around. What else does a little kid with a GameShark do?

About the event Pokes, I've never been able to go to an event, and it kinda seems unfair that so many are unable or unwilling to go that far out of their way, or don't find out until it's too late and they've missed the boat. While I've never actually bothered doing it myself, I don't see the harm in hacking them.

My basic idea of cheating is that it's your copy of the game, so do what you like. As long as you don't cause problems to others' games, scam, or anything of that sort, cheat to your heart's content if that's what you enjoy.

Last edited:

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I never bother with hacks or Action Replay. I don't care about getting event Pokemon or such anyways, so it's not really a big deal to me. I don't mind other people using AR or hacking, but I wouldn't. :x

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
    Years
  • I've never used one, not really sure why though. I've only ever actually got one legit myself, being Deoxys, but that was easy.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Used AR in VBA's and other emulators, not with my GBAs and DS. I just wanna feel the feelings of others who owns event pokemon. ?.?

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I'm fine with using AR to trigger the Nintendo Events, but not if you just make them appear in the grass...seems so pointless.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I hate it! Its really foul! Curse AR!

I vowed never to use it. Im looking for all the legendarys thru events!
    I have to delete every PKMN i get over Wi-Fi because im trying to get my game as much non-ARed as possible!

So, no, in case you didnt get it.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I clicked the last one but i thought it said i acuualy do in game events but with the other ones i just ask people for them so it is really the second one i go with i think it is wrong

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • As long as they weren't hacked to have unusually high or beneficial stats and whatnot, then I'm perfectly fine because it doesn't give you an advantage over a legit event Pokemon.

But um... I play online battle simulators nowadays.

Years
  • i have a AR max i only use it to get a MEW(OMFG it my favorite pokemon ever since i was 6) that the only reason, other then that i get my other pokemon my trading or catching

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • I don't like AR's or anything like that, however with that being said, I am willing to use one to obtain event Pokemon by giving myself the Old Sea Chart, Mystic Ticket etc. and then going to the boat and getting to the islands that way.

I mean in all seriousness Nintendo GIVE you the items anyway not making it any different to AR, it's not like you have to do anything in the game to get them and then get access to the events.

As long as you only use AR to get the items and enable the event, then it's fine.
    But I don't agree with simply teleporting to the islands and catching the Pokemon though.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I would feel uncomfortable about it because i partly ruined my pearl with an AR

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    It's fine if you live way far away from any where that has events but i mean if you can afford to there then why not jsut go but it's not my decision i won't judge ya if you you don't judge me

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    I don't really care if anyone uses AR. I do, but only to catch the guys.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Since I live in a place near all the events, it doesn't come into play for me. The only event I've ever missed is Celebi, and that wan't because I was too far away, but because it wasn't a very good day to wait outside for an hour.

I think it's alright, to do, though, if you're not close to the event.

Back