• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How do you organize your Pokes?

michele

☮ & ♥
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i keep all my legendaries in one box.
    and all my other boxes are completely random.

all of my pokemon [in every box], though, is arranged from highest level to lowest level.

malicreet15

Mighty Midget
    Years
  • I organize my boxes in a very specific way:

I first do types, (Grass, Fire, Water, Normal, Flying, Dark/Psych, GroRoFiSte, Dragon, Poison, Bug, ect.) which sometime smeans I have to make more boxes in the Grass/Water type because there SO many darn pokemon with that type. This usually occupies 8 boxes or so.

Then there's one for Legendaries.

And I made one just for Evee and its evolutions, though I might move them if I run out of room.

Then I have a box for pokemon I'm waiting to breed ith ditto to get an egg evo or the lower evos.

Then one for pokemon I need to lvl to evolve.

And that usually leaves a few boxes empty for extra storage. I tried once to organize them by lvl when I first got my Platnium, but having to constantly switch them when they lvled drov eme crazy and it's easier to find pokemon based on type.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Mine are somewhat organized. One box is for Pokemon I'm breeding as well as the specific-natured Dittos I use for breeding. Another one contains traded Pokemon I intend to keep, and another has my main party Pokemon. I have a couple boxes devoted to Pokemon I'm willing to trade away.

Back before I completed my Pokedex, I also grouped Pokemon by which ones I still needed to evolve /breed for Pokedex entries and the ones for which their entire evolutionary line was already registered.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I had mine organized by type. But then, I decided to catch all the pokemon. I don't mean filling out the pokedex, I mean having each pokemon on me at all times. So, they're organized by number, with one extra box for shinies, ev trained pokes, rare pokes that i might be able to get something out of, and ones that I just have to trade with my other games so that I don't have to catch someone.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well I like keep my pokemon in different boxes depending on which type they are for example. My Feraligatr would go in the box where it has water, ect.
    so all I have to do is create a team that suits my opponent. So if a opponent used bug and Plant then Ill just go to the boxes with my flying,fire and ice types.

Nero_

Flygon Flock!~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    A few boxes for Events, Shinies, EV'd pokemon, IV'd, legends, etc.

...That was until my Acekard broke and I lost my save on platinum.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have two boxes for my OU EV trained Pokemon that I use for battling. The first one are those that use the most and the second box is full of OU Pokemon that I don';t really bother to use anymore. I have a box for UU and NU Pokemon too. My other boxes are used for Events, Contest Pokemon and those in the process of being trained.

MsHailstorm

Smooth Criminal~
    Years
  • Wow, I didn't realize this topic would get so many replies. :D
    Thanks for all the opinions guys, it's good to know I'm not the only one who's horribly unorganized. ^_^;

stavross

I WANNA RAPE YOU WITH MY STICK
    Years
  • well i do have 5 boxes (Still growing) of EVd pokemon
    i have 2 boxes full of pokemon that need ev training
    i have 2 boxes of clones of the UT versions of many of my pokemon
    and 1 box for my trophy case pokemon
    then i have 2 boxes full of pokemon i use for breeding
    1 box for my ingame pokemon
    in the rest 5 boxes they are just random pokemon i have no use for

ShadowSalamence

Fan of the Dragon Pokemon
    Years
  • I don't organize my Pokemon.
    In Platinum my boxes are overflowing and I have to release some of my Pokemon.
    What I'm thinking to do is transfer my event Pokemon collection (which consists of over 70 Pokemon) in my HG/SS.
    Also, I have lots of EV'ed and IV bred Pokemon.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I tend to not have an overwhelming amount of Pokemon. This is simply because I like to raise my favourite Pokemon and just not a load of different, random Pokemon. Because of this, I can easily organize each of my boxes into different categories depending on their contents. This makes it incredibly effortless for me in finding specific Pokemon.

Years
  • I always fail when I tried to organize them -.- !

Like when I organise them according to types, whenever i catch new pokemons, they ended up in a box that is not their type and I am lazy to reorganize. So .. that's how it is.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    I used to not care about my boxes but then after mysteriously losing an Entei in Ruby one day I decided to organize my poke. I realized later that i traded that Entei to diamond via palpark but because my boxes were so disorganized I couldn't see it in diamond so I thought i lost it.
    Yeah my box list is kinda eh. I feel like I could organize it more but oh well.
    1-Training
    2-Trade
    3-Fire
    4-Water
    5-Water/Ice
    6-Grass
    7-Electric
    8-Rock/Ground/Steel
    9-Flying
    10-Poison/Bug
    11-Fight/Psychic
    12-Dark/Ghost
    13-Dragon
    14-Normal
    15-Legendaries
    16-Legendaries/Eevee and Evos
    17-Shiny
    18-Shiny

Yeah

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I usually just go strongest to least strongest. Weird, but it works for me.

Jamie88

4th Generation Newb :)
    Years
  • My party Pokemon always go in order of level, lowest at the top, with the highest towards the bottom.. and in the Box's they're just thrown in anywhere :D

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I recently reorganized my boxes by type, with the boxes in alphabetical order (Bug -> Dark -> Dragon -> etc.), and I keep one plain old Box-box for incoming Pokemon or my regulars that I switch out for something else. Within the boxes all of the "special" Pokemon go on the bottom and the not-as-special ones just go in the top. I use the in-game Marks to determine which ones are the EV-trained/reserved, breeders (that sounds wrong), have HMs, and so on.
    Before then, I only had a box specifically for Unown, which I released (except for G!).

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Confession; I use to be a bit of a slob in the Pokemon world; but then my boyfriend noticed my boxes and told me it was rediculous, forcing me to sort them into types - I have to admit, it's better this way. In my party I like to arrange them based on level, with the ones that need training the most on the left side and the ones that need training the least on the right. If they're all the same level I tend to put my favourite ones at the top, but otherwise I don't really think about it.

Years
  • In my boxes, when i start trying to complete my pokedex (after ive done the whole storyline) i arrange them into type boxes, and my party is from when i caought them

Back