• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you percieve it?

EpsilonE

Banned
Years
  • What's your own view on Pokemon games?
    I mean in a way of what kind of player are you?

Some people play it competively, trying to get the toughest Pokemon and get that 9877824 battle tower win streak and 400 wins on PBR. Some play for the simple joy of nostalgia and remembering better times with each time they restart their file.

Others try to play for records, such as longest win streak, most pokemon caught, etc. and a few people I know play to get the Pokedex up.

I personally play for nostalgia, rarely competetively play, and sometimes I play the old Hoenn games for contests.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I play it because I love the nostalgia of it, and I love raising Pokemon. I want a perfect, powerful team.

Years
  • I still play Pokemon because I love it, and yes, probably nostalgia as well. I strive to make and EV team, but I fail. Usually, I beat the game, look around a little at the after-game events, and then leave my Pokemon, unless something new comes up, or I find a new in-game hobby (breeding & Battle Tower anyone?). I usually dont battle over wifi, for the fact that I dont have a good team ready. Though, I do trade sometimes.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    The only reason I buy the newer Pokemon games it because of nostalgia. It's not the new Pokemon or features, and Nintendo needs to understand that. My whole team consists of pre-4th gen Pokemon.

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
  • I play for the pure enjoyment i get out of raising pokemon, and trying to build the strongest team, and perfect team

Ayselipera

I just play because its fun. I don't try for records or anything of that nature. My pokemon playing consists of picking six pokemon I like and then trying to make it to the Elite Four. That's it really.

Years
  • I play for the nostalgia too, or else I probably would have stopped playing a long time ago.

I would describe myself as an average pokemon game player, I rarely play over wifi though. When I complete a pokemon game I usually stop playing it for a while, then when i'm bored I may transfer all my pokemon over to my other DS and start the game over.

Same. I think the Wi-Fi feature is great, but I almost never use it myself, and I can put the game down for weeks or even months at a time and don't mind starting over when I'm bored depending on how much of my Pokédex is complete.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I still play Pokemon games, but not as activley as I used to. I'm really glad about that actually. You see, before I was addicted to games like there was no tommorow. I was so competitive and I used to play them non stop which, as you've probably guessed, took a stab at my social life. I rarely made friends at school, all I would just think about Pokemon, Pokemon, Pokemon.

Once I got to my third year in secondary school, my GCSE year started. This was time for me to pull my socks up and work hard if I was going to get good grades. The more I worked, the more my Pokemon gaming time decreased which was a huge help because my social life improved drastically and I started seeing my potential in other subjects. I still pick up the game once in a while but this time with moderation and I'm not as competitive anymore. This I'm glad about because all I want to be is just a casual gamer.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I wish I could be one of those competitive battlers, but sadly, no Wi-Fi. :(

So, I see myself as more of a nostalgic player.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    I play for the deeper meaning in pokemon (yes I know not real)

I play to test strengs of all pokemon, mostly the weaker ones, to see in the eyes of all trainers

to imagine being there

that is why I play

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I play because it's fun. Sure, there's Nostalgia somewhere in there, but I don't let it rule my gameplay. If I did, then I would like Gen 2 the most instead of Gen 4.

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    I play 'cause it's fun! Hardly even for nostalgia; I mean, sure, I was into Pokémon when I was five... I'm just one of those weirdos that never quite grew out of it. It's just a fun game.
    I readily accept new generations, their Pokémon, the new regions, features, all that stuff.

But I don't play competitively. Otherwise, it would take over my life and I still wouldn't be very good. So I just raise Pokémon I like.

gruntrebel

THE WORLD IS YOURS!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2010
    I play for the collection factor. I am addicted to trying to get my hands on as many as I can. I'm not really into the competitive battling thing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It's fun. I like the concept of starting off on an adventure, raising a team of six creatures that is unique to you, and conquering challenges and thwarting the devious plans of malevolent organizations with said team. I don't like battling competitively (though I will with my friends) because it's not battling to further my adventure.

Back