• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you think humans will evolve in the future?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    How do you think humans will evolve in the future?

I think humans will evolve to have whiskers like what cats have to help them feel their way around. Whiskers will help us to get through crowded streets and such because streets are getting more and more crowded so we will need them soon!

How do you think we will evolve?

Lemonade The Sqeezed Lemon

I need Lemons to make Lemonade
    Years
  • Evolve? Nah, I do not think that will happen. I mean we were and will be always the same being God or whatever created us, unless you believe Darwin's theories. I hope, though, we evolve into lemons or Pokémon; that would be cool.

I hope our brains evolve rather than our outer appearances. We need more brains.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • It would be nice if we adapted to be resistant to some of the more dangerous diseases and such.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I don't believe in macro evolution, though I do believe in micro evolution and adaptation.

I think humans might grow more resilient to heat and cold, and it would be really nice if our senses would become sharper.

Bartender

Care for another drink, ma'am?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    In my honest opinion, humans are no longer evolving physically. If we are going to evolve, it's due to the environment we live in and for cultural reasons. We adapt to certain aspects in life and from there, evolve accordingly. Humans have remained in this physical form for many centuries to count now, and 200 or 300 years from now, we will most probably stay in that form.

Nevertheless, being able to resist harmful diseases and the such, which we now cannot, is a good evolving 'process'. Enduring immense heat or very cold places is another useful thing to note. And consuming less oxygen would be reasonable since oxygen is not permanent and we humans use it a lot; though the latter reason is biologically impossible.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Humans might evolve to have a better brain capacity in the future or they could grow fur in several places in their body (but not in large amounts) in the fall/winter; that hair will be shed in the spring/summer.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I do not believe we can evolve we are too sedentary there are no hurdles left we have no need to evolve. If we do evolve it will be due to a natural catastrophe like a Asteroid or the super Volcano under Yellowstone Natural Park. severely cutting our population and creating some environmental hurdle to clear in some way in which we will adapt to do so or die out completely.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I believe it's impossible to say. We will soon (as in within the next century or two) be able to control the body completely. We might just give ourselves certain things. Be it..a forced evolution to be just plain better. For example, heat and cold resistance, disease resistant, longer natural life span, etc.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • We will become walking tumors.......

I'm not really sure, but I kind of think everyone's skin color would become gray over time. I just can't think of anything else that seems like it would happen. :/

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Humans should evolve elemental affinities within the next five or so generations. That would be pretty sweet. :D

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Not naturally we won't. If the theory of evolution holds truth, we have no need to adapt, especially with advancements in technology. Unless you count global warming (Which a lot of people consider a sham anyways.)

In an unnatural way, its not that far fetched to believe that technology will do something for us.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • How do you think humans will evolve in the future?

I think humans will evolve to have whiskers like what cats have to help them feel their way around. Whiskers will help us to get through crowded streets and such because streets are getting more and more crowded so we will need them soon!

How do you think we will evolve?

You obviously misunderstand the concept of evolution.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Probably some freak accident of nature that which will cause a storm of "WHAT HAVE WE DONE" to ensue.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Not naturally we won't. If the theory of evolution holds truth, we have no need to adapt, especially with advancements in technology. Unless you count global warming (Which a lot of people consider a sham anyways.)

In an unnatural way, its not that far fetched to believe that technology will do something for us.
    I second this compeltely.
    But if we did evolve in anyway we'd end up fat, taxed,poor and the environment jumbled up even more damaged than it currently is.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • In the future some random guy/girl will have a mutated gene that gives him/her immunity to STDs which would be a desirable trait so he/she would be reproducing a lot so that after many(and I mean many) successive generations the human race will have become immune to STDs.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • You obviously misunderstand the concept of evolution.

You obviously misunderstand the concept of Jolene threads. XD

on topic: Humans will most definitely evolve wings as well. by being able to fly anywhere, we will rely on cars and, by extension, fossil fuels less and we can save the planet. :D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • When i evolve i hope i learn hyper beam

Hmmmm tough question, we don't need to adapt to as many things as most of us have the mental to come up with solutions so our evolution will be slower than ever.

If we're looking to adapt to survive climate change, i think we're a little late.

Hmmm i had some more opinions of this but they've vanished out of my mind :(

Back