• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how fake are you?

Poki

Banned
Years
  • Some people smile at strangers, therefore they are totally fake! Woah, your logic blows me away, bro.

Sorry to burst you bubble, but I, unlike most people, do not need to wear a mask in order to hide who I really am.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • It depends on who I'm around. If I'm with family, significant others or friends, I'm myself. Around strangers, though? I hide a bit of myself, but not so much that I'm a different person.

I actually don't hide a lot about me. On the internet, you see the real me, pretty much.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I have extreme social anxiety disorder, so I pretty much completely close up around people I don't know. When I'm with people I'm very comfortable with though, then I pretty much act like the "real me."

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I wouldn't say I'm fake, I'm different versions of myself. I'm more polite or more friendly based on necessity but like, when I'm on a till and I tell someone to have a nice day, I don't secretly wish they had an awful day, I'm just fitting myself into the role I have to take. Sometimes when I smile at strangers it's genuine, especially because I've got a bit of social anxiety and I naturally smile when I'm uncomfortable. I wouldn't call that fake, if they think I'm just being friendly then that's them misinterpreting my own signals. Not my fault.

Sometimes I'm a bit serious and I have to tell myself to chill or lighten up but that doesn't make me fake either. It just means I'm aware of how others are perceiving me and I want them to see a different side of myself. No one talks to their parents the same way they do their friends but that doesn't mean you can't still be yourself in both situations.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't think I'm very fake at all. What would I fake? I think I can't be bothered, I'm just all out there, somewhat of a clown in a crowd of people but that's not really a mask. It's just me being too hyper to cover it up :3

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I don't like being fake -- you get the same me all the time. I especially hate when my assistant manager puts on a super fake voice when she answers the phone. It makes me want to vomit. Then she teases me for acting like I'm bored out of my mind on the phone. I try, okay? I just am not fake. u_u

Years
  • I have social awkwardness as well, probably due to being a side-effect I suffer from having ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder, also known as Aspergers) and when I'm around people in public I tend to become pretty mute (as in I barely speak unless if asked) and slow to respond.

Aside from that I am definitely not fake, although you'll see more of the real side of me on the internet as opposed to real life. I tend to act more like myself and feel more comfortable when I'm alone and not annoyed by other people.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Online, I'm someone with self-esteem issues and trying to win arguments against other users, only to end up losing, forced to change my opinions, and moan about how much of an abomination I am. In real life, I'm someone with self-esteem issues and trying to avoid conflict with others in public and does not want to be the center of attention. I also chat a lot when I get into a conversation with someone I know.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • it depends if my depression acts up. if it does, i have to pretend that i'm feeling alright when in reality i'm not.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I defiantly put on a mask when I'm out with my friends. Nobody I know in real life knows that I like Pokemon, video games and all that stuff.

Years
  • for me, it's more like my personality is a bit dulled down or subdued, mostly due to nerves
    but i'm never... not myself? so i don't know.

Years
  • I think for the majority of the girls that I converse with or come across, which isn't many (probably only like 3 who I regularly talk to), I'm fake around them simply because I honestly do not care for gossip or anything girly for that matter so it's hard to relate with them. But in terms of personality, it doesn't change. I'm still the blunt, honest person that will say what I'm thinking c: For certain people though, I keep in mind that some people don't take my bluntness well so I try to subdue that slightly.

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • I am the same online than in real life. Or at least I try. I have nothing to hide and if someone has a question I answer the truth. Even If sometimes I lokk for the right words to make sure I don't hurt anyone

KayNic

I Love Sleeping
    Years
  • I am fake when I am around a boy that I like. I will try to be more than what I am and I giggle a lot around them.

Back