• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast can you type

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
Years
  • The title says it all. How fast can you write on a PC.

Very Slow, Slow, Medium, Fast, very fast, FASTEST.

Well, I write very fast not the fastest. But my speed reduces to fast if I'm feeling cold. I wrote all of this in 25 seconds.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I can copy text on an A4 paper sheet onto a text program in three minutes or so, and while only looking at the paper.

Excellent typing (on your scale perhaps just "fast" given that most computer regulars type relatively speedily anyway); terrible handwriting.

Years
  • Everyone's ideas of "Very fast" are probably different, so we'd need something to compare to. Anyway, I suppose I'm alright at typing. I'm not super slow, but I'm not extremely fast, either. I get my work done, which is good enough for me.

And... shouldn't this be in Other Voting Polls? I mean, it doesn't really have anything to do with technology directly, so... :x

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Without errors? Probably 50 WPM. I've really dropped off a lot.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The appropriate word for typing speed on a qwerty keyboard is called GWAM.

My good spelling GWAM is about 45, which is kinda above average, my average GWAM is usually about 50-60, Although I have reached speeds of about 70 GWAM, and that's VERY FAST.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Well...
    On typingtest.com, my highest was like 106 WPM and my lowest was 102. |D

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I type quite fast. If I type faster than this, I'll get a lot of typos, which I'd rather not have to go press backspace ten thousand times to fix them. So if I gtyped that fast well this si what it would tlook liek and i dont like that cuase me it maek sme look like a noob so no thanks. Except I type noob with my friends so much that I've gotten just as good as typing in noob as typing normally. XD; pretty sad, I know.

But yeah, I type fast, and I never look at the keyboard. I don't even have to look at thee screen either. :>

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I write so fast, that I sometimes have to stop in order to catch up with my thoughts. XDD

It really goes down to what I'm typing, and how interested I am in it. For example, right now I am just typing at an average pace because I am thinking about what I am typing as I type. However, if I am copying something from a piece of paper, I type like the wind! XDD

Same goes for many of my fanfictions. Once I have an idea in my mind, I can type out entire chapters in like thirty minutes.

prolific_rhapsody

Paradox in Paradigm
    Years
  • Pretty fast. Very fast, on your scale, I suppose? I have issues with taking typing tests because I get all anxious and screw the whole thing up, but I guess that's my fault. I just typed this in about twenty seconds.

Years
  • From a young age when I started typing it took some time to learn where the keys are and get faster and so I got quite fast but for some reason I dropped down to sort of your medium I guess :S

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'm pretty fast compared to others my age.

I typed my three page essay in less than five minutes at the library before school... I guess that's pretty good right?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • When I last tested (which was in the 6th grade, mind you, so several years ago) I got around 95 WPM. Of course, that's with the occasional error in them. If I typed slow enough to make sure I didn't have any errors, it'd probably be like... 75 WPM or so.

Back