• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast can you type

Bluewarwolf

Teh n00b haxorz
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    I type around 110 WPM, depending on my mood. I can sometimes reach 115.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Somewhere in the sixty to seventy-five word per minute range. I took several typing tests for this, and the results are the following:

Net Speed: 66 WPM
    (words/minute)Accuracy:98%Gross Speed: 67 WPM
    (words/minute)
    Net Speed: 68 WPM
    (words/minute)Accuracy:99%Gross Speed: 69 WPM
    (words/minute)
    And one more that didn't have a c/p which was 71 wpm.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Ever since I started joining forums I noticed that my typing speed has greatly improved. I don't know how much words I can type in a minute, but I can type fairly quickly. At the moment I'm trying to teach myself to type without looking at the keyboard.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I think I type 70 words per minute, my skill are improving, but I know this one guy at my school who could type very very fast.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I can type at 114 WPM, but I am usually slow because I don't like making mistakes.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    My fastest was 112 WPM with 3 mistakes. I type the fastest with the least mistakes when I'm showing off for seventh graders who don't believe me when I say I can school all of them in typing pal without looking at my hands when I'm typing. Yeah it's pretty rare that I get the chance. XD!

I guess my "Best" though would be 93 WPM no mistakes. I usually type around 60-80, depending on who I'm talking to. (If it's like, a huge group convo, you can bet I'm pushing 90.)

I'd say I'm pretty fast. :/

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • I type fairly very fast. It takes me 20 seconds. Sometimes I type the fastest when it is a common word that I type. I have already memorized the letters in the keyboard. If I'm thinking something, it takes 1 minute for me to type.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Pretty fast. I think after joining this forum, I've been able to type a lot faster. XD I haven't taken a speed typing test since early last year. My results of that test were around 80-100 GWAM. I think I'm typing faster than that now, though.

technicals

it never happened.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    Faster then everyone else that's posted in this thread. ):

I can type pretty fast, but I need to look at my keyboard. I can't touch-type like my Mum who does it super fast at the same time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ah, it's been a long time since I actively tested myself, and the spacebar on this keyboard is sticky so I have to press down slightly hard to get it to work, but I think I was around something like...75-80 words a minute, without errors? Not sure what I would be now.

Let's find out:

--

When I look at the sky I see a bunch of birds flying by. Do you ever see any birds going by your bedroom window? I most certainly do, and I like to think about where those birds are going as they fly on by my bedroom window. All the time that I have could be spent flying if I had wings, but I don't, so I just

--

That was a minute for all of that. I had to pause a couple of times for errors (particularly for that second "flying," for whatever reason), but that's currently about my normal speed when not looking at the keyboard (I actually get a bit slower just looking at the screen)...

*counts* 68 words there, so I guess 70-80 would be about right, after all.

Years
  • It depends. If I know what I'm typing, then I could probably get over 100WPM. On average, I'm probably around 70-80WPM? I don't know, it's been awhile since I've taken a test for it. But I type fast enough to shock people around the dorm. 8D I wonder if my neighbors are scared by my typing skills sometimes?

I think the highest I'd ever gotten was close to 120WPM on a typing program? Granted, there were mistakes. Like everyone else, the faster I type, the more likely I am to make mistakes.

Speaking of that typing program, I used it to learn how to type properly freshman year, and then I had to use it AGAIN senior year in a different school completely for twenty minutes in the beginning of the class. The teacher wanted students to learn to type better. For someone like me, who typed on a daily basis and only got better since last time, it was just a pain in my butt.
    /random tangent

Back