• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How good are you at Ultra Space travel?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I literally only just got to the point probably... 48 hours ago but I love it! Almost best thing the game has ever introduced. I'm doing pretty ok - so far only made it to about 3900 light years away, so not hitting that 4k mark yet. Funnily enough I kerp going into the wrong wormholes at around 2900 lightyears and most of them end up as legends which is really cool!

How good are you guys at navigating Ultra Space? :) Are you sticking around exploring or are you just going after the petals to try and complete the game instead? Any lucky stories of two shiny Buzzwole in a row?! Not me but I think it would be cool!!

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I had to switch to circle pad. The motion thing was awful. Have not done much yet since i focused on other stuff in game.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Spoiler:

^ I made it close to 6k (5.9k++) but I've seen streams with more than 8k.

The best combination to me is the Circle Pad + Solgaleo considering how much bulkier Lunala looks in the Ultra Wormhole-- Interrupts your vision a lot with her wings.

I have collected all the legendaries (Thanks to Pokebank for bringing my other legendaries so I can have the ones whom need both USUM exclusives like Suicune etc.) in Ultra Moon, got some of them shiny after soft resetting, as well as a shiny of each of the Ultra Beasts-- Save for UB Burst since I don't have Ultra Sun (Yes I know these aren't in the wormhole but I am making a point). I've also managed to get a Shiny Swanna, a Swellow and a Grumpig.

I think it's a good post game even after you've done collecting the legendaries-- I switch on my 3DS at least once a day and spend at least an hour or two on trying to exceed my limit more.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    I'll be honest I wasn't paying attention to the tutorial at first so I sucked at it and havent gone back yet. What do the orbs do?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2019
    I really sucked at it to start with, but picked it up pretty easily. Changing to the circle-pad control in a must.

The furthest I have gone so far is 5100. But that's ok, because I have encountered most of the lenedaries before that distance anyway.

In the past two days I have managed to catch the lengendaries that I haven't been able to catch in my own right in previous 3ds games - Xerneas, Articuno and Moltres (I had them previously through trades, but I like the feeling of catching them myself). I tend to run from all the other legendaries I encounter - as I would like to come back and shiny hunt them when I have a bit more time post-game.

I also caught the two UBs that were exclusive to sun (I previously played moon), as well as a shiny Quagsire, Swanna and Floatzel.

It has been a pretty productive couple of days!

The game is pretty addictive. It is so nice to have a mini-platformer that rewards good performance with the chance to catch rare Pokémon. For me that makes it more worth it than just winning points.

I should probably stop for the time being and move on with the actual story though lol

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Not very good haha. It took me 4 tries before I could reach Ultra Megaopolis for the main story. It's fun though, that was creative of them to utilize the 3ds/2ds like that.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I had a stressful time as i search for ultra beasts. I didn't know if i have to travel very far to get all of them.

Is it possible to get all the legendary pokemon by traveling 1500 - 2500 light years? I having a hard time getting to 3000 and over.

Also do i need a certain type of worm hole for legendaries to appear? Is type 1 okay or do i go for type 2, 3 or 4?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I had a stressful time as i search for ultra beasts. I didn't know if i have to travel very far to get all of them.

Is it possible to get all the legendary pokemon by traveling 1500 - 2500 light years? I having a hard time getting to 3000 and over.

Also do i need a certain type of worm hole for legendaries to appear? Is type 1 okay or do i go for type 2, 3 or 4?

Here's a guide to the Ultra Wormholes, courtesy of Serebii: https://www.serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/ultrawormholes.shtml

Haggerella

Captain Butts
    Years
  • I had a stressful time as i search for ultra beasts. I didn't know if i have to travel very far to get all of them.

I'm not sure about 1500-2500, but I've mostly been hunting between 2400-3400. So far I've encountered Regice, Latios and Xerneas within that range (mostly cause I can't be bothered going further and discovered that I don't need to) . So you might just need to push a bit further?

Definitely go for range 2 & 3. I've found both legendaries and shinys in both. I'm sure 4 has a higher chance but you can definitely get away with 2&3 :)

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I'm not sure about 1500-2500, but I've mostly been hunting between 2400-3400. So far I've encountered Regice, Latios and Xerneas within that range (mostly cause I can't be bothered going further and discovered that I don't need to) . So you might just need to push a bit further?

Definitely go for range 2 & 3. I've found both legendaries and shinys in both. I'm sure 4 has a higher chance but you can definitely get away with 2&3 :)
    Thanks. That is a bit more helpful. Appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2019
    I had a stressful time as i search for ultra beasts. I didn't know if i have to travel very far to get all of them.

Technically you can get legendaries and shinies from any wormhole at any distance.

The further you go, and the more rings the wormhole has, the greater the chance that it will have something good.

In my experience, wormholes with the two rings and auras are guaranteed to have a legendary. The chance of those wormholes appearing increases the further you travel.

If you are only travelling around 3000 lightyears, you should definitely try to aim for the two ringed wormholes if possible, to increase the chance that a legendary will appear.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Technically you can get legendaries and shinies from any wormhole at any distance.

The further you go, and the more rings the wormhole has, the greater the chance that it will have something good.

In my experience, wormholes with the two rings and auras are guaranteed to have a legendary. The chance of those wormholes appearing increases the further you travel.

If you are only travelling around 3000 lightyears, you should definitely try to aim for the two ringed wormholes if possible, to increase the chance that a legendary will appear.

Oh. That makes sense and is helpful to know. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2021
    I don't think I'm very good at it. Looking for Celesteela and I have been for hours. Found Xurkitree and Pheomosa. This Celesteela is a pain in the neck.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    The ultra space travelling is so triggering for me. At times i succeed but other times i mess up. So inconsistant.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Sometimes I succeed, and sometimes I don't. Like everyone else, I had to turn off gyro controls thanks to being annoying and triggering my PTSD of that one boss in Dream Team, when it sometimes didn't respond and made it unwinnable. But so far, I've only really been using it for legendaries, hence I take an Abra army in when I go hunting. As for riding itself, it can get really annoying when you spot a level 4 hole and end up missing it, causing you to end up hitting some electricity and end up falling into a random level 1 hole which you really didn't want. Even so, when you do find a legendary and it isn't the one you want, you have to go through the minigame again in the hope of having said legendary show up.

Even with those setbacks, it's still a blast. I prefer to ride Solgaleo because Lunala's wings can block the view.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2021
    I'm starting to get addicted to this. Just grabbed Regigigas. I would have assumed you needed all 3 Regis for him to be available.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Pretty bad. I think it took about 3 or 4 attempts to get to the right wormhole on the first real attempt. I haven't used it since the main storyline though.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I am almost done with Ultra Wormholes. I got at least one shiny of every non legendary/ultra beast, got all of US Legendaries and US Ultra Beasts.

Just need to get UM legendaries and ultra beast. Also need Suicune, Rayquaza, Giratina, Landorus and Kyurem.

Back