• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How is your Eyesight?

Years
  • Bad enough to need glasses, but not so bad I can't see without them. iirc I got a combo of near-sightedness and astigmatism. If I take my glasses off, everything gets just a little blurrier, but the stuff farther away is worse.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • Convergence issues in the one eye, Currently treating myself with a program from my doctor. Hopefully it improves in time for my fall classes.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    At the age of 25 I started getting strange persistent headaches every now and then. I thought it was because I forgot to keep my coffee addiction up on the weekends but it didn't seem to completely explain it. I even got proper migraines with aura (partial loss of sight/feel) sometimes.

A couple of years ago, my friend who is an optician convinced me to let her examine me. She came to the conclusion that I'm extremely far-sighted and has some kind of other issue causing things to be blurry, so my eye-muscles were basically working hard to compensate every time I opened my eyes, and worked in exhausting overdrive whenever I read things closely, such as on a screen.

Solution: Rika became a person who wears glasses fulltime and who wears stronger reading glasses whenever they are at the computer or whenever they think they will stare at their phone or a book for longer times. Their reading glasses are +2 or +2.5 iirc depending on if they're at work (slightly closer to the screen) or at home (slightly further).

I'm kind of cute in glasses so it's fine. But I do miss being able to easily hug/kiss others without the glasses being in the way ;; that's srsly the biggest downside haha. That, and the fact that I see worse in the dark through glasses than with unobscured eyes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm near-sighted, have worn glasses since around 8 years old. I wear them most of the time, I'm weirded out about the idea of putting contacts in my eyes, maybe I'll try them someday, I don't know. But there are many nice frames available now so I don't mind wearing mine.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Not too bad, but I can't see clearly very far away. I've forgotten how good/bad my vision is. I wear Ortho-k contacts though, so they're getting better gradually.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Pretty bad, I 100% need a new prescription because I can't read a lot of signs or text that's just a bit farther away even with glasses on, just haven't had time to go to the optometrist

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Well into the legally blind territory, without my grasses. Something like 20/400 in both eyes, maybe more. Two feet in front of me and I can't read anymore lol, my optometrist once told me my eyes were 'tubular', which immediately reminded me of bender from futurama. wish i could screw them out like he does and do something funny

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • My eyesight is terrible to the point where I can barely function without my glasses. For example, when I broke my glasses earlier this year I could barely make out my friends's faces from three metres away, couldn't use my laptop properly without using something like 500% zoom, and was just generally miserable. That said, my eyesight hasn't gotten any worse for a few years now, so hopefully nothing changes in that regard.

Back