• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you play games for?

How long do play games for in a day? (Approx)

• No more than an hour a session

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Between one and two hours a session

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Around four or five hours a session

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Way beyond any of the above!!!

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters

Plant360

Da shizz!
Years
  • Normally I'll play about 2 or three hours a day on weekends... But if it's a game I really like, a new game, or I'm playing with friends, then I might play for five hours or less...

Mostly, I'll just get bored after about an hour though

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • It varies for me.
    Back in the day, on weekends of course (thank you jr. high and high school), I would play from the moment I woke up until I got tired enough to sleep.
    Nowadays it all depends on the game that I'm playing.
    I would say on average about 4-5 hours a session when I get really into it.
    Although there is many a time when I can only squeeze in about an hour, give or take, depending on if I'm busy or if I just get ADD and feel the need to do something else.

I would probably say the longest I've spent on a game is about 16-17 hours.

Haha.. which brings me back to one thing.
    One day my best friend and I spent, like, 3-4 hours playing Super Smash Bros. on the N64 on 100 stock with Bomboms and mines only, with the television hooked up to surround sound, and the volume turned up massively.
    It's kind of lame that we did it that long, but we could go on for hours doing stupid stuff like that all the time. :D

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I only play for around 2 hours. Sometimes, 2 hours every 2 days.

But sometimes I spree... like yesterday when I spent most of my time cooped up in my room playing Mass Effect.
    Not good for your physical/mental health :/

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
  • when it comes to pokemon...it never gets put down..seriously and i can usually play my one piece game for 15 hours

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
  • I used to play for a minimum of about seven hours a day. It didn't do good things to me. Unless I have absolutely nothing to do that day, I try and limit myself to three hours or less daily.

Of course, if we start talking about tabletop gaming, that goes right out the window and I'll play for as long as everyone else in the group is up for it.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • All depends. If it's a game I really like and really want to beat, proabably 14 hours. Or the whole weekend. Friday night-Sunday night. But usually its only 30 min-1 hour

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
  • I usually play around 3-4 hours. Depending on what day it is. If it's a Saturday I'll maybe do 4+.
    If I get a new game I'll probably play like 4 hours of it.

-Neku Sakuraba

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I can play most online games for 5 hours or more but with games on say a DS or PSP I will only play for maybe an hour then stop.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I have to break during games. So a 1 hour session is good enough.

But I remember that I went on a four hour gaming spree on Fate of Heat. And then my game glitched and I had to start all over. :{

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • I usually play around one to two hours. The longest I've ever played straight was about 16 hours. I go crazy when I get new games and I play for about five extra hours a day, but it settles down after a while.

I gotta tell you. Playing for over ten hours (which I've done plenty of times) makes you go crazy sometimes. :)

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    During the summer time, one of my favorite things to do is to pull an all-nighter while playing oblivion.

Now I just play for 2 hours average cause of schoolwork.

PsyMaster

Your mind is mine to control.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2016
    Depends on the game. When I got Fallout 3 I played it for like....13 hours the first time, and when I first got Crysis I played for 22 hours straight (sadly that was in the summer). My average gaming session would be four or five hours.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • generally about an hour or two per session but now that I'm off for winter break (aside for two exams) and addicted to disgaea it will likely be a lot more time

Years
  • If I do have a session of gaming, it's usually between one and two hours; perhaps a little nearer to the one than the two. Quite a few nights I just don't have the time to play games due to homework. Talking of which... >_<;

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • If I have nothing to do that day, I'll get a bag of Doritos and VEG all day in front of the Playstation. But on other days where I have school or work, I'm only on for like one or two hours. Provided I have time for that much of course xD

RanzAlton

Pokemon Champion
    Years
  • Well, After doing my Assignments and making Legit Looking Pokesav Pokemon, I play for about 2 hours.. Then Go to sleep beacuse we still have classes.. and on Saturdays, I WiFi and Hotspots, and GTS for about 4-5 hours...meh?

But before, When It was still Emerald, I play for about 6-7 Hours a day. Even during classes. But now I dont. I got Bored.

Back