• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you think you'll stay with pokemon?

Do you think you will be a Pokemon fan forever?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 109 88.6%
  • I'll sooner or later grow out of it...

Votes: 14 11.4%

• Total voters

Nathaniel.

is here
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    I am nearly 19 now and to be honest, I should have dropped Pokémon years ago, but I didn't. I lost interest in the Pokémon anime 3 years ago and I probably will not watch it ever again, but playing the games is something I won't give up on. So, what I'm saying is that it will be a long time until I even begin thinking of dropping Pokémon, ever.

vince82495

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I often have phases with Pokemon. I go on and off whenever it suits me. I will always deep down be a massive Pokemon fan no matter how much I grow up. I may stop watching it and maybe even playing the games but it will still be a part of my child-hood.
    Me too. sometimes im obssessed with one thing then another. but ill never ever forget pokemon! ill always come back to it! same with Naruto! Pokemon and naruto FTW :D

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
    I can't see myself being 40, married with kids, and still settling down to play Pokemon.

Just don't think it'll happen that way

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I can't see myself being 40, married with kids, and still settling down to play Pokemon.

Just don't think it'll happen that way
    I had a friend a few years back who's dad played pokemon, and he's over 40. He started to find a way to spend time w/ him and his brothers, and it worked. Pokemon is ageless! There are a lot of older people into it, and I wouldn't be surprised if in Japan no one blinked an eye to a 40 year old playing pokemon.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I had a friend a few years back who's dad played pokemon, and he's over 40. He started to find a way to spend time w/ him and his brothers, and it worked. Pokemon is ageless! There are a lot of older people into it, and I wouldn't be surprised if in Japan no one blinked an eye to a 40 year old playing pokemon.

Which is why we should all move there! Ok everyone, I'll pay for airfares. We'll leave next.... wednesday!

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years

That's true, it is a good walk to relax :)
    I think that it's dependant on them making enjoyable new games. Bring on Black and White!!

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    ill continue to play pokemon until they make pokemon look completly stupid then ill stop.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well lets see
    i started playing before i could complete my sentences
    stopped when i was like 7
    started back up when i was 11 i think
    and i've been playing since
    there are times when i don't LOVE pokemon
    but never times when i don't like it :)

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Actually, my plan is, play all the games I can, =P then give it to my Nese/Nephew/Son/Daughter..
    Then pass it on =P
    Buy every generation! XD
    Well maybe. I might just keep it for myself.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i'd also like to point out that pokemon isn't a little kids game- they only see the stuff on the outside- it takes a full developed mind to comprehend all the strategy elements and stuff like EV training (although i never really got that)
    i'll be playing as long as it keeps giving good pokemon (hence why i stopped for a while when gen four came out... that and i didn't have a DS, but that doesn't matter haha)

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
    well .. to be honest, i really can't ever see myself growing out
    of pokemon. ;u;

it's cheesy but pokemon has ALWAYS been my escape. ever
    since i got my very first pokemon game (red) when i was five,
    it's been like, my life. i was a lonely kid, i didn't have any
    brothers or sisters and my parents kinda left me alone a lot.
    but luckily they left me with video games, so i always had my
    pokemon to keep me company. ;u;

it's still like that, and honestly, i just can't see my life without
    it. i guess to me, it's just one of those things that won't go
    away, ever. <3

i even wanna get my future kids into it! n_n​

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    I have been a fan for as long as I can remember and there is just something about it that keeps me attached. I plan on being a fan for many a year to come. Maybe I could even work for Nintendo or Game freak and have Pokémon for a lifetime. I'm not quitting mainly because of a comment made by one of the developers in a Nintendo Power I read about HGSS. He used the words "Augmented Reality". We might be able to have our own real Pokémon soon. Maybe even a MMORPG virtual reality Pokémon game. I'm going to stay with the craze!

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    Pokemon is kind of like the girlfriend you have an on and off relationship with for me. Sometimes I get bored and dump it for a while, but I always find myself crawling back to it. ;)

But yeah, I can't seriously see quitting it for a while unless I get completley bored of it and can't find any enjoyment in it or it gets too expensive. Just like a girlfriend am I right?

Once I go to college and get into a career I can't really see myself playing the games avidly anymore. I'll still be a fan, sure, but when you're that busy, it's hard to find the time for leisure anymore.

Back