• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how many 30 + years old members do we have in this website?

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'm in the minimum of that range -- 13. :P I've actually been to a few video game based forums with lots of 30+ year olds. I guess it's because Pokemon is intended for kids is the reason why are there so few of them. The oldest member I've met on here could be around 24 right now. x)

Years
  • I'm probably the fifth or sixth youngest person on staff, out of the 50 or so staff members here on PC.

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Think about it people, even though I am leaving myself to mockery and ridicule, how long ago was the very first pokemon game made? February 27, 1996, was date that the very first pokemon game came out, which was Pokemon Red & Green.
    Now for math. (*Screams of agony from everybody else*)
    Febuary 27, 1996 = 2/27/1996
    April 15, 2014 = 4/15/2014
    4-2=2 15-27=-12 2014-1996=20
    The Pokemon Games have been out for 18 years, 1 month, and 19 days. Give or take a few days. And let's say, that it was 7-12 year olds who bought this game. That means that the people who very first played it are now 25-30. (*Troll*Buttz Watz Aboat Doz LOOZERS whoz playz ITZ at 50!!!!!????!!!?!?!?!) Shut up. This isn't exact math.

So, hypothetically, most pokemon gamers are either young, the new generation (VI), or are adults (18-27), the old generation (I). Plus, a lot of people see this game as a "childish thing". I used to be bullied since I still played it. (And now... would you really try and bully a 6'2" 200lbs guy who has been begged to join 3/4's of the sports teams at your school? Would you?) It's highly unlikely that there will be any body older than 30 here on PC, mainly because of peer-pressure or they never played it. (And for those who are over 30: Keep on going! Pokemon is a great game for any age! I just wish it was slightly harder, that way I could have a challenge in the actual games, not only hacks.)

From the greenest of greens,

Greenking13 (Or Green, or GK. Call me any of them, I don't care.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    I'm probably the fifth or sixth youngest person on staff, out of the 50 or so staff members here on PC.

what age youngest?. mod in this website seem to be very young like 17 - 23. Wondering maturity level

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I know there's plenty of people in their twenties here, buuuut I haven't personally met anyone who's claimed to be 30. Though, at the rate of a lot of us PC vets are going, we might still be here when we're 30, if we've stuck with it this long. XD

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Hold on, let me change my birth year.

I'm gonna be 109 today.

Yeah no. I'm 23, I'm an old fart.

You know you're old when you're watching tv and a show that you've watched since high school, all of a sudden you're older than the main character is. (I'm older than Sam Winchester was in the first season of Supernatural.)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Looks like I'm nearly bang in the middle of PC's age range; I turned 18 about 4 months ago.

I'd like to think I'll stay active and post on here for as long as possible, but then again I struggle finding the time to post at this age, I can imagine I'm only gonna get busier as I get older. :(

Years
  • I just turned 20 a couple weeks ago. But I did meet a 30+ worker at walmart while I was looking for the Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL, that played Yellow version and Crystal. She was definitely a genwunner. She kept talking to me about how the internal battery of her games died. I told her what was wrong with her games and she got all sad. But she was happy to hear they remade the Johto games.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • Personally I've never met people claiming to be thirty or anything but it's highly possible. Me? I'm planning to stay in this place for as long as possible. I'll be thirty in around fifteen years though. But I won't give my current age. * Evil Laugh *

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Nope, I don't know anyone of age 30 and above here. As for myself, I have 10 more years till I reach that age. Let's see if I can make it that far haha.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I only have a few more years to go, and I'll be turning 30. Given that I still haven't left PC after all these years, I'm sure I'll still be around the community in some way after the next three years. Can't say for sure.

GK's post is true for me. I started playing Pokemon when Red/Blue were released in America. I haven't given up on the series yet (and they're going to have to be completely off the mark for me to do so) so I'd like to imagine that I'd still be here playing the games and talking about them.

Years
  • I'd say if you asked again in a few years there will be more members that are over 30, if the current ones in their late 20's stick around that long. Me personally, I don't have high hopes of still being here nine years from now (I am 21). I may be apart of some forum but I don't know if I'll keep being a super big fan of pokemon. As long as they keep making good games and I have enough time to play, then I will remain a fan, but maybe not as much of one as I am now. It's really hard to tell. :\

Years
  • I'm over 30. I have played this game since its creation and will probably play it till it dies or I do. I got my kids into the game to have someone else to have interest in it but they cant take care of their 3DS and they broke them. So now they dont have one.

Back