• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many of each type of Pokémon?

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    All of them, of course. Including non-evolved.

An Ice/Dragon would be very cool. Seeing that in fantasy RPGs they have mountain Dragons, regular Dragons, Dragon Lords, Winter Dragons, etc. I do see an Ice/Dragon Pokémon in this game. I think its only weakness would be fighting.
    What about Rock, Steel, and Dragon?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • What about Rock, Steel, and Dragon?

No there's nothing the world needs more than a Ice/Dragon. I can't express how long I've been waiting for one. (It'd help if Ice resisted Dragon).

Gyroh I'm guessing your not super familiar with today's metagame standards, which is totally fine. Sadly some of those dark pokes arn't quite making the list, mainly Houndoom, It's not bulky/fast enough to pull off Sunny Day.
    Dragonite's usage only really went down because Salamence and Kingdra gained Outrage in Platinum, before that it wasn't uncommon to see them from time to time.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    No there's nothing the world needs more than a Ice/Dragon. I can't express how long I've been waiting for one. (It'd help if Ice resisted Dragon).
    What I meant was- he said the only weakness would be Fighting, when it would still be weak to 3 other types.

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Yup, Glitter's right, forgot about those 3 types.

Gyroh I'm guessing your not super familiar with today's metagame standards, which is totally fine. Sadly some of those dark pokes arn't quite making the list, mainly Houndoom, It's not bulky/fast enough to pull off Sunny Day.
    Dragonite's usage only really went down because Salamence and Kingdra gained Outrage in Platinum, before that it wasn't uncommon to see them from time to time.

Actually, I'm not familiar with any metagame since I've never battled competively. I own Ruby, haven't played the new ones yet. So, all I know is not based on experience, its based on reading. I looked on GameFAQs for movesets and thats where I found out about EVs, vitamins, natures, movesets, and everything. I raise Pokémon to lvl 100 with proper EVs and movesets, though the only place I can test them on battle is on the battle tower since I don't know people that still play these games.

But still, I mean, they may not be the best Pokémons to use, there are better, such as the OU, but that doesn't take the fact that they are still good and can actually do something in battles. They are not completely useless. I'd rather use uncommon Pokémon than OUs because it kinda gets old to see the same Pokémons in battles IMO. Unfortunately, my chances of winning are lowered.

I'm still thinking Dark types are fine, there are other types with worse Pokémon, such as Bug type. How many of the bugs are actually useful?

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    I'd like to remind those who say "doesn't surprise me since three quarters of the earth's surface is covered in water" that the keyword there is 'covered'. Surface disregarded, it's fairly clear that Rock, Ground, Steel, or even Fire should be the far more plentiful.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I'd like to remind those who say "doesn't surprise me since three quarters of the earth's surface is covered in water" that the keyword there is 'covered'. Surface disregarded, it's fairly clear that Rock, Ground, Steel, or even Fire should be the far more plentiful.

Rock, Ground, Steel, agreed.
    Fire? Fire is a form of energy, that does appear and disappear seemingly at its own will.

Quantity-wise Fire-types are rare, with only 17 fully evolved Pokémon among them, of which there are four legendaries and four starter Pokémon. So technically, only 9 Fire-type Pokémon are easily available. This makes sense as most forms of fire are extremely rare in nature.

It does not make sense to add many more fire-types if it is supposed to be 'rare'.
    And if 70% of the Earth is covered in water, would it not make sense that there are more animals in the water than it is on land?
    Unless you drop something like Potassium in water, then it is pretty much no fire for you in water. And I really doubt that we'll get a Castform "Sodium forme", with the ability Flame Body while it is raining.

Summary:
    Lots of water does not equal that there should be more fire in the world. ;)

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Honestly I think we need more dark types...we are at a short supply...and absol would have to be one of the coolest dark types they made...I hope htey keep that up....

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Bug as the most common would make alot more sence. I mean there are supposed to be like a hundered new speacices a day (anyone feel free to corect me if i'm wrong).

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I don't want that many bugs, I only want bugs to be good.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • All of them, of course. Including non-evolved.

An Ice/Dragon would be very cool. Seeing that in fantasy RPGs they have mountain Dragons, regular Dragons, Dragon Lords, Winter Dragons, etc. I do see an Ice/Dragon Pokémon in this game. I think its only weakness would be fighting.

Fighting, rock, steel, and dragon. =/
    Still, I'd keep it.

Better than 4x weakness to ice. We have too many of those, between torterra and dragonite and garchomp and tropius!

Heartless33

Master Cloner
    Years
  • There should have been more fire types (favorite) and the reason for so many water types is that the earth is like 90% of water but lighting already has my idea.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
  • I wish they'd focus more on Fire, Ice and Steel. They're three of my favorite types

There should have been more fire types (favorite) and the reason for so many water types is that the earth is like 90% of water but lighting already has my idea.

You mean 70%

Back