• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many people have beat the Elite four? (platinum)

Jack_Atlas

Who's your Master of Faster?
    Years
    Post, I beat them on my first try this morning... turns out you only need a lv 69 Garchomp to beat them!! Sorry, not meaning to gloat, just curious

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I've currently only beat them once on my Japanese Platinum. If I remember correctly, I think I had the team of Empoleon, Garchomp, Luxray, Staraptor, Espeon and Lopunny. All of them were at mid-50's when I started and I think ended up just above 55 at defeating Cynthia. it was the first time I'd used a Garchomp in-game and I only did so because you didn't have to wait until you got the Strength HM and the ability to use it to catch a Gible.
    Needless to say, what the rest of my team may have had trouble with, Garchomp more or less reigned supreme.

My predicted team for the second Elite Four victory will be Infernape, Glaceon, Luxray, Quagsire, Gardevoir and Altaria, but I'm still a ways away from completing the English Version, as I'll be updating in the Sinnoh Journey Sticky later on.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have only done it on Jap Platinum. I can't remember what team I used. Only ones I know I defiantly had where Infernape, Luxray and Golem. The other three I can't remember at all. They were about level 60 as I spent a lot of time catching every pokemon I saw and training early in the game.

I am still going through the English one. I am taking ages to do it as I have lots of school work right now.

Cid

Years
    I did some time ago (I'm playing English Platinum).

I had Leafeon, Infernape, Uxie, Floatzel, Staraptor and Mamosmine at level 52.

It was my first try, and I haven't had a rematch with them yet.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I just beat them,barely with one pokemon with barely any health left

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    Yep! I defeated the E4 4 days ago. I had my Skymin lvl 89, Charizard lvl 100, Geodude lvl 5, Flygon lvl 73, and Milotic lvl 100.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I did after attempting it 5 times getting to Cynthia but then I transfered my Lv 100s from Pearl! Im s impatient.

Valeran

Miserable Memories
    Years
    I just beat it. When I was done my pokemon were levels about 48 to 53.

Infernape, Scyther, Staraptor, Gyarados, Jolteon, Giratina.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I've on;y beat the E4 in the Japanese Platinum. I haven't even gotten HALFWAY in the English one.
    In fact, I've beaten them twice. It still freaks me out, maybe because I fought them the second time after their dramatic upgrade.

>< Gives me the creeps.

Years
    Beating them only on the Japanese Platinum. My main Pokemon were Infernape, Rhyperior, Vaporeon, and Porygon-Z in the upper-50s.

I haven't had much motivation of doing the English version. I still only have two badges at the game.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I beat them. I had a dull moment and sent Empoleon out againist Garchomp. I was one hitted by earthquake. I forgot that he knew that move. So I was thinking I'd send out my Tauros againist it. My level 54 Tauros put up a good fight and got her down to where she needed to heal after I used 2 hyper potions. Then he got a critical and knocked Tauros out. I was thinking oh man, I'm screwed.

And then I got an idea. Even though Staraptor's special defense is low, I thought that I could get some damage on it before sending out Tauros again after I revived it. I just did fly to play it safe. I was surprised to see that my lvl 61 Staraptor could do as much damage as it did. Garchomp's moves hurt though. So what I did was I let Staraptor faint, so I could get out Tauros again who would take hits while I started reviving my party. As Tauros would faint, I'd send out Staraptor and revive Tauros. Their intimidate made the Garchomp nearly useless after 3 rotations. I got my team up. Did Brave Bird. Knocked out Garchomp and easily took out her Roserade and her Milotic. All of this happened today. lol

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
    I beat the E4. It took me about 30 minutes. And I ddnt even soft-reset my game once, or die.
    (:

Rain On Dem Foez

I make it rain
    Years
    • Age 38
    • L.A
    • Seen Jun 2, 2009
    did it on my Japanese Platinum. took about 5 tries because I don't use items and my whole team was under leveled, but it came down to my very last Poke Infernape, in critical condition against Lucario at full health, and thanks to his awesome speed I was able to knock him out with a Close Combat :D

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    Forget that I totally have the feeling that I will beat the Elite 4 when I get there eventually....but for now off to the 2nd gym XD Intil I do get there I'll tell you when I do beat them.

Back