• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many pokemon with all maxed IVs have you been able to breed?

How many pokemon with 6 perfect ivs did you get while breeding?

• None

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • None on purpose

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Less than 5

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • More than 5

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
    Sometimes when breeding for masuda method with a maxed pokemon (6 perfect ivs) and a nearly maxed one (5 perfect ivs) i dislike both the abilities and i decide to replace the Everstone with the Power Item i miss to fill the non-perfect pokemon missing iv.
    While doing this it happened to me 5-6 times (with machop, eevee, tirtouga, and magikarp) that the offspring inherited all the 6 ivs at 31. Is it possible that in said occasions the power item picked, say, Power Ankle was acting indipendently from Destiny Knot?(and thus granting a chanche to inherit all 6 ivs from parents?)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    I don't know, but I have only found three. I wish it works like that though.

It may be that the power item and the destiny knot both inherit the same stat, but maybe on the occasion that the destiny knot doesn't choose the same stat as the power item it will be perfect 6 iv's. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it is just a thought.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2013
    I just achieved my first 6 IV Charmander. I wondered the same thing about the destiny knot and the power items, because it came way too easily. I'm working on a 6 IV portean Froakie now, I've got a couple males and females with 5 IV's (and I've used my BP to purchase 4 of the 6 power items) so I'm close. I think I'll start breeding for a perfect Tyrunt next.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    None, but I do have three so far with 5 perfect IV's, in everything except the attacking stat the Pokemon doesn't use, which is perfectly fine with me. Getting 5 perfect IV's is hard enough; I'm not going to waste time trying to get a perfect #6 in a stat that's useless to the set I'm planning for the Pokemon.

Caiustheblack

Years
    None, but I do have three so far with 5 perfect IV's, in everything except the attacking stat the Pokemon doesn't use, which is perfectly fine with me. Getting 5 perfect IV's is hard enough; I'm not going to waste time trying to get a perfect #6 in a stat that's useless to the set I'm planning for the Pokemon.
    sadly getting 6 ivs is required to breed a 5 ivs shiny lol ... and yes i ve not been that mad about breeding until this gen XD

Somma

The PokéGambler
    Years
    Same here!~ 5 IVs is enough for me, I'm already having a hard time getting a 5 IV Charmander without getting a Hidden Ability involved in between + Nature and omg.... it's just a mess right now...

DanteSolablood

Internet Celebrity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    I think I'm with most of the people here, I've got 5 IVs, the right nature and (mostly) the right ability & I'm happy. So far I've bred 5 pokémon with 5 perfect IVs... almost all of them had parents with 4 (different) IVs, I would have expected at least ONE with a full set of 6!

Not sure if I'm too bothered having a perfect IV in a stat that's being negatively effected by the pokémon's nature though, it just seems like such a waste of time. :P

bleri1200

Bleri
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    I have bred a perfect Scizor, Blaziken (before it was banned), Sigilyph and Goodra with the right natures and ready for battle. Still working on Togekiss then Mandibuzz! :)

Caiustheblack

Years
    I think I'm with most of the people here, I've got 5 IVs, the right nature and (mostly) the right ability & I'm happy. So far I've bred 5 pokémon with 5 perfect IVs... almost all of them had parents with 4 (different) IVs, I would have expected at least ONE with a full set of 6!

Not sure if I'm too bothered having a perfect IV in a stat that's being negatively effected by the pokémon's nature though, it just seems like such a waste of time. :P
    actually i do care about the 6th iv on very few pokemon, and i mean those that are multi purpose and can use both attack and special attack. In particular Eevee and Smeargle, and ,to a lower extent, Ralts (whose male version is full Physical and female is not) or Snorunt

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    A perfect pokemon to me is one with 5/6 perfect ivs. I don't see the need to get all 6 when 5 is enough. And getting 5 is already hard. Getting 6 would be even worse. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    I don't know, but I have only found three. I wish it works like that though.

It may be that the power item and the destiny knot both inherit the same stat, but maybe on the occasion that the destiny knot doesn't choose the same stat as the power item it will be perfect 6 iv's. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it is just a thought.

Last night I was able to test my theory about the destiny knot and the power item. It seemed to be a very successful test because I did end up getting a 6 iv Farfetch'd within about 15 eggs. Still not sure if my theory is correct, because I may have just got lucky. Now to start breeding for Aerodactyle.

Last edited:

Caiustheblack

Years
    Last night I was able to test my theory about the destiny knot and the power item. It seemed to be a very successful test because I did end up getting a 6 iv farfetch'd within about 15 eggs. Still not sure if my theory is correct, because I may have just got lucky.

How come it is so hard for you people to get a pokemon with 5 IV's? I have bred hundreds of pokemon with 5 ivs in this gen. It is a lot easier to breed a 5 iv pokemon if you are using a 6 iv parent (Male). Then all you have to do is see what it is compatible breeding with, and chain breed for the pokemon you want. I have bred perfect (5 IV) aerodactyle, sylveon, noivern, Blissey, Kangaskhan, Gliscor, and cloyster, all just by using my 6 iv tangrowth. Not to mention lots of other 5 iv pokemon to chain breed to get to those pokemon.
    It is not that hard, it is just that we do have different levels of dedication :)
    even considering what you said, my chanche of getting what i m looking for is still low (i want an anticipation female eevee with 6ivs. this makes it a 1/72 chanche (if the theory of yours and mine
    is right, it is 1/6 chanche for the ivs to not overlap power item, 1/6 chanche for correct gender
    and 1/6 chanche for hidden ability) :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    How come it is so hard for you people to get a pokemon with 5 IV's? I have bred hundreds of pokemon with 5 ivs in this gen. It is a lot easier to breed a 5 iv pokemon if you are using a 6 iv parent (Male). Then all you have to do is see what it is compatible breeding with, and chain breed for the pokemon you want. I have bred perfect (5 IV) aerodactyle, sylveon, noivern, Blissey, Kangaskhan, Gliscor, and cloyster, all just by using my 6 iv tangrowth. Not to mention lots of other 5 iv pokemon to chain breed to get to those pokemon.

Somma

The PokéGambler
    Years
    Not everyone has a 6 IV Pokemon to begin with, or aren't as lucky as others to get one. As for me, it's been 2 days, maybe more, trying to get a measly little 5 IV Charmander, and I've been getting 3-4 IV offspring like no tomorow and both parents have 4 different IVs each. Have over 3 box-fulls of defects (Yes, I'm calling them defects :l) and no luck yet. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong..... Or Arceus just hates me D:<

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
    Let's say the 5IV you want are 31/x/31/31/31/31 (for Mega Charizard Y). When you breed 2 Pokémon with 4IVs, where the missing IVs don't overlap, you should have 1 in 24 chance to get a 5IV Pokémon. For example breeding parents with x/x/31/31/31/31 and 31/x/31/31/31/x should get you your 31/x/31/31/31/31 child in about 24 eggs.

Breeding a 6IV Pokémon with 2 5IV Pokémon is just pure chance. I think it's 1 in 192?

Caiustheblack

Years
    Let's say the 5IV you want are 31/x/31/31/31/31 (for Mega Charizard Y). When you breed 2 Pokémon with 4IVs, where the missing IVs don't overlap, you should have 1 in 24 chance to get a 5IV Pokémon. For example breeding parents with x/x/31/31/31/31 and 31/x/31/31/31/x should get you your 31/x/31/31/31/31 child in about 24 eggs.

Breeding a 6IV Pokémon with 2 5IV Pokémon is just pure chance. I think it's 1 in 192?
    assuming that it is the same iv that is missing, you have 1/6 chancheof inheriting the 5 perfect ivsx31=186

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    It's nice getting 6IV Pokemon, but it's often pointless. If anything, having 0 IV Attack is recommended for Special Attackers, to lower the confusion damage. 31IV on those would only harm you.

I've only started breeding few days ago, and I've only got a 6IV Breloom (with wrong nature). I'm only hunting for the right combination of 5IVs.

Caiustheblack

Years
    I just got a 6 iv female eevee WITH HA from the DCM (yay me!) now I can breed 5-ivs shiny eevees with the Bold nature :)

Back