• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many pokemon with all maxed IVs have you been able to breed?

How many pokemon with 6 perfect ivs did you get while breeding?

• None

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • None on purpose

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Less than 5

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • More than 5

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters

Ársa

k.
    Years
    I'd say just over 100 unique pokemon with flawless stats, and about 20 or so with 31 across the board. It gets even easier when you start collecting good males in all the egg groups. Makes using Ditto unnecessary except for Beldum / Rotom / Staryu.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I have two Sandshrew at 6 IVs (as far as I can tell... the Judge calls each one good).

Working on Larvesta at the moment. I keep cranking out ones with 5 IV (no Atk), but can't seem to get one with 6 IV.... guess it doesn't really matter though since they are all Timid nature :/

I would love to get a hold of a Ditto with 4-5 IV from another region. More for the chance to get a shiny with decent IVs. I currently have a shiny Sandslash with 4 IVs, but that was due to luckily getting a Japan fennekin with 4 IVs from Wonder Trade.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    None, and intentionally so. I rarely ever compete with others outside of the game as I'm not really into competition, so there really isn't a need to do any kind of special breeding. Heck, I don't even care about shiny Pokémon. I personally regard this "hunt" as a waste of time. Why can't people just enjoy the game without having to make things overly complicated for themselves?

When someone on my friends list requests a battle, I usually decline. I have zero wins under my belt and it'll probably remain that way for as long as I own the game.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    None, and intentionally so. I rarely ever compete with others outside of the game as I'm not really into competition, so there really isn't a need to do any kind of special breeding. Heck, I don't even care about shiny Pokémon. I personally regard this "hunt" as a waste of time. Why can't people just enjoy the game without having to make things overly complicated for themselves?

When someone on my friends list requests a battle, I usually decline. I have zero wins under my belt and it'll probably remain that way for as long as I own the game.

It's just another part of the game. That's like saying you're perfectly happy with playing 80% of a game, while ignoring the other 20% - which is perfectly fine as well, but others prefer to play the game to its fullest as well. If not for the competitiveness of online play, I would have stopped playing X/Y after a week.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    It's just another part of the game. That's like saying you're perfectly happy with playing 80% of a game, while ignoring the other 20% - which is perfectly fine as well, but others prefer to play the game to its fullest as well. If not for the competitiveness of online play, I would have stopped playing X/Y after a week.

The reason I don't do battles outside of the game is because most of the time the people who want to battle you have their own specially bred Pokémon that can wipe the floor with my non-specially bred Pokémon. Why engage in battles with people when you know you'll just loose time and time again? No matter how many times people have explained IV breeding and whatnot, it's all gone over my head. I couldn't tell you what IVs my Pokémon had if I tried. I guess I'm just an old geezer whose hit the wall on what he can absorb. :)

Ársa

k.
    Years
    The reason I don't do battles outside of the game is because most of the time the people who want to battle you have their own specially bred Pokémon that can wipe the floor with my non-specially bred Pokémon. Why engage in battles with people when you know you'll just loose time and time again? No matter how many times people have explained IV breeding and whatnot, it's all gone over my head. I couldn't tell you what IVs my Pokémon had if I tried. I guess I'm just an old geezer whose hit the wall on what he can absorb. :)

Haha, I suppose there needs to be a want to learn before it starts to absorb. It's really not very difficult, and this gen made it super easy in comparison with others. It still takes a fair amount of time to do - most of my game time is probably spent hatching eggs - but the battling online is by far the most satisfying part of pokemon, after the original storyline is complete.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    You're right, a desire to learn is key. And really, I've never felt the need to learn it. Just like driving. I'm deathly afraid of even getting into a car due to a bad experience when I was younger, so learning to drive is something I had no interest in. Didn't stop my parents from trying to get me to learn though. They gave up after my third failed attempt to get a license.

Likewise, the concept of IV breeding leaves me scratching my head in confusion, no matter how many times someone tries to explain it to me. It makes me wonder that I haven't developed a bald spot by now from all my head scratching. :D

Back