• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many shinies have you caught/seen so far?

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Just wondering how many people have gotten one so far. And I thought, why not make a thread of it? Cuz this can be a good discussion.

How many shinies have you caught/seen so far?

As for me, those are all my shinies:

-TOTALLY RANDOM Zubat, jap. HG
    -TOTALLY RANDOM Foongus, jap. W
    -MASUDA METHOD Cyndaquil, eur. SS, 1-03-11

Years
    Rattata is the only shiny I have stumbled across in the wild, I do have several shiny Shinx from chaining in Diamond. Nothing else though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've caught all the shinies I've encountered. The only one I don't have anymore is my first shiny, which was a Whismur in Ruby.

From trades:
    Spoiler:

Random encounters:
    Spoiler:

Event/special occasion:
    Spoiler:

Glitch exploitation:
    Spoiler:

RNG:
    Spoiler:

Currently doing Masuda method for a shiny Petilil in White, also SRing for a shiny Kyogre in Sapphire.

Last edited:

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    I've seen a few shinies, more than some of my friends but less than others, I never did that whole "chaining" thing in Platinum either...

My most common shiny is, for whatever reason, always been Zubat... It makes me sad, because I rarely use Crobat, while a nice pokemon, just annoying to level Zubats...

My latest/favorite shiny would be the Zorua I bred and seemed to luck out on.

SonGohan

ドラゴンボール
    Years
    If I remember correctly, I've caught a shiny Scyther in the bug catching competition in silver. On that same file I found a shiny Zubat. In sapphire, I found a shiny Gyarados in sootopolis. In Emerald soft reseted a lot of times for a shiny Treeko and for the short amount of time I played Pearl, I found a shiny Geodude on that one route above Oreburgh.

So my list would look something like this:
    Spoiler:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    Ever since I started playing Pokemon about 10 years ago, I've caught one shiny and that was in Black one month ago lol (excluding the red Gyarados). I got one of the lamest shinies, a lvl 3 Patrat.

Years
    Something around 10 maybe. I usually catch them, don't use them and forget about them and eventually they cease to exist when I delete the file. Yawn, I have no idea why I even bother.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Apart from the two that I found and released 'cos I was a noob back then, I have three shinies.

• A shiny Aipom I recieved through TGS negotiations.
    • A shiny Pidgeot I transferred from Diamond.
    • And a shiny Budew I transferred from Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I've found 3, but they have either been in a lost game card or the save file was restarted.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2011
    I've caught almost every shiny pokemon i've seen, a shiny Sableye was the only one I didn't catch. I have a shiny Golduck, Graveler, Tropius and Seviper I caught in my White version. The red Gyarados from my heart gold, and a Blaziken from my Emerald.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    In the 10+ years I've been playing Pokemon, the only shiny Pokemon that I've caught - let alone encountered - were the two Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage (one in Gold, the other in SoulSilver). The irony of all this is that I'm going to encounter one and be all 'ZOMG! A SHINY!' and just not have any Ultra Balls or anything! Damn...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    My first and only shiny was a shiny slugma in Emerald, I don't have it anymore either. Hoping to find something shiny in my White playthrough, already beat Black, hopefully all the grinding from my White Nuzlocke will show a few shiny pokemon.

Nilz

renegade of funk.
    Years
    The only shiny ive ever seen/caught was a lairon in pokemon emerald. I was pretty scared because mose lairons use roar to escape but I was actually able to catch it without using my master ball.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Muk, Buneary, Ponyta, Meowth, Swinub, Spearow, Patrat, Mienfoo, Duosion. So 9 in total.

I seem to have strangely good luck when it comes to shinies.

Nine of them. Muk, Buneary, Ponyta, Meowth, Swinub, Spearow, Patrat, Mienfoo, and Duosion.

Of them I still have seven in my possession..

Last edited:

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Found 2 but only got 1 shiny.

Shiny Koffing while I was trying to realize that I was doing it wrong when searching for Suicune.

And a Shiny Chansey while stockpiling Lucky Eggs, but I didn't catch her since my Frisk and Thief slave instant killed her. At least I got a Lucky Egg.

Back