• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many shinies have you caught/seen so far?

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Shiny Pidgey on my emulator.....

AND I FORGOT TO SAVE ;~;

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Aside from the red Gyarados... I haven't ever encountered or caught a shiny Pokémon in-game. >:<

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Most of my shinies seem to be from trades. XD I just had a shiny Litwick traded to me from Kirozane today. :> Dunno if I want to evolve her all the way to Chandelure though. I don't like that orange. :P But yeah~

How many shinies have you caught/seen so far?

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    In 10 years of playing pokemon I've only encountered one shiny, a Zubat in my Leafgreen, I thought it was just a glitch though and was so focused of grinding my pikachu I killed it. :| But in my HG I have quite a few shinies from trades and wi-fi off the top of my head;
    Charizard
    Salamence
    Flygon
    Milotic
    3 crown beasts
    And the oh so common red Gyrados. Now I've gone through them I'm pretty happy lol, shame I can't get them on to my white! :(

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Generation 2:
    Hoothoot
    Magikarp
    Cleffa

Generation 3:
    Plusle

Generation 4:
    Caterpie
    Spinarak

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I encountered one Shiny Whismur in Sapphire, and that's it. Nothing else. Unless you count Red Gyarados.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
    Aside from the in-game event Gyarados, I've only encounter 3 shines.
    R/S/E:
    Female Ralts (Mistakenly defeated her)
    Female Tentacool (Caught with Ultra Ball, nicknamed, Ms.LadyGrn)

B/W:
    Female Audino (Caught with Pokeball, still deciding what to nickname, suggests?)
    None of them were GS or AR coded.

phonastik

Strange Quark
    Years
    Hmm.
    Shiny Swablu/Altaria in Sapphire
    Shiny Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein in Sapphire
    And my first shiny in B/W? A frickin' Pidove. But I did get a critical capture on it.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Shinies I've caught, and wasn't even trying to catch, they just appeared, what game, and where in the game:

Chinchou: Pokemon Gold (not HeartGold), fishing with Super Rod at Fast Ship port in Vermilion City. Status: Evolved to Lanturn, save file corrupted several months later after staying in my party with a level in the 70s.

Tentacool: Pokemon Silver (not SoulSilver), surfing in Olivine City fighting whatever Pokemon appear in order to level up. Status: Save file corrupted after never being taken out of the PC

Weedle: Pokemon FireRed, grass in Viridian Forest on my first time through. Status: Evolved to Beedrill, still in PC.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Very few. I have some rotten luck with finding them.

Caught:
    1. Raticate (Caught in Crystal. Deceased)
    2. Golbat (Caught in Crystal. Deceased)
    3. Krabby (Caught in Naranja while I was screwing around with the walk through walls code, cloned with Pokegen, and brought into Black with the GTS exploit)
    4. Rapidash (Received in a trade with a very nice friend. Cloned and currently resides in Black.)

Seen and missed: Horsea (NPC trainer in Emerald Battle Frontier)

Last edited:

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    1st: Tentacool on the way to Cianwood in SS

2nd: Graveler in Victory Rosd cave on Platinum
    Status: evolved into Golem and moved to SS, residing in box

3rd: Golbat near Giant Chasm on Black
    Status: lost forever, forgot to trade it away and back when I restarted(raaaaaage)

then there are various shinies that were traded to me for various things.

btw, red gyrados in lake of rage DOES NOT COUNT!!!!!!!!!!

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
    Nidorina (Gold): Evolved into Nidoqueen and traded to a friend for I forgot what. Was a long time ago. May have been a Piloswine i eventually rose to lvl 97 and traded for something else. (I was like 10 don't judge me XD)

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    Seen: Shiny Graveler, exploded on me.

Caught: Shiny Ditto my first, and in Pokemon Black.
    Shiny Stunk: Pokemon Diamond

Seen: Shiny Graveler, exploded on me.

Caught: Shiny Ditto my first, and in Pokemon Black.
    Shiny Stunk: Pokemon Diamond

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    The only completely legit Shiny I have is a level 12 Tentacool I found on Route 40. I would have shouted if I wasn't in the car.

I have found a shiny Stantler and Shiny Swinub once, but it was on an emulator with the speed up button on, so I wouldn't count that.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    All my shinies had unfortunate lives ;~;

Glory, Pidgey - Forgot to save the game for 3 gyms, found while grinding
    Mew - In a hack when you could catch wild mew, I didn't know you couldn't find Moltres in the area, and after about 700 tries, my reaction was: Oooo! It's shiny!

I deleted the hack afterwards......

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I had a couple shinies in my pokemon Silver and Gold games, but you can imagine some unfortunate fates, I'm sure.

In Pokemon Sapphire I wasted my masterball on a shiny sandshrew.

In the fourth generation games I slowly gathered a small collection of four others with various origins.

And recently I ran into a Stoutland while grinding and OHKO'd it with a critical hit. :c

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've caught a bunch of shinies and obtained a ton more in trades and such.

I can't really list all of them off the top of my head so I'll just post these links:

Part 1

Part 2

I have some more lying around, but I can't remember what they are for the life of me.

Sevrah

Sevrah Lux
    Years
    I once caught two shiny Tailows in a row in Emerald. I managed to catch both of them. Currently, they're on my Emerald version at my boarding school, and I plan to transfer both of them to Pokemon Black.

Also, I've encountered a shiny Pidgeotto on my old Leaf Green. However, I never managed to catch it. Somehow it fled.. Sadface :(

I don't know if this counts but I saw my friend encounter a shiny Wingull when heading to the 2nd city in Sapphire. He ran away from it, and didn't know it was rare :O

Anyways, thanks for reading (:

-Sevrah

Back