• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Many Times Have You Blacked Out?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Since this is in Pokemon General, I'm assuming it's on all the games...

I'm pretty sure I've blacked out over 1000 times in the whole series @~@.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Way too many times. Too many to count. I'm terrible at the game. XD
    I'm even having a lot of trouble with Jupiter in Platinum right now (mainly due to type problems, though). I really haven't been playing the games much, though.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • A few. Usually they've been because i've either been unprepared for battle (eg: having one remaining healthy Pokémon or ran out of healing items) or because i've tried to rush through a battle and ended up messing something up. Generally I over train and carry around plenty of potions etc so i'm well prepared for battles.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
  • I was blacked out only sometimes. Some from gym leader and sometimes from League. I haven't loss to any pokemon trainer

Cid

Years
  • Counting every single Pokémon game I played?

Probably less than three-fourths the total number of those games. I usually blackout in the League only.
    (Victory Roads have extremely low leveled Pokémon to train at)

So that's more or less 6 times.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    I'm pretty sure this thread was originally created talking about Platinum, but since it was moved by a mod...well, now I guess its for the series as a whole, eh? XP Some people seemed confused, heh.

Well, now, overall... not much. Probably a lot in the original Red and Yellow, hahah. Maybe Silver and Crystal, too. But I try my best to keep my team well-leveled and stock up on potions XD But it's inevitable sometimes really. I just...don't keep count :P

Gavin<3

Years
  • Many times... total. But I always turn the game off when it happens, because I want a clean record 8D

Unless I'm playing Yellow, and want to lose to Gary at some point, to make him have Vaporeon or Flareon instead of the annoying Jolteon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Since RBY? Maybe 20 times in all. Pokemon league gets me each generation.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • In the newer games, I dont usually black out. On the older games however, I've blacked out about... 15-20
    times? :S Probably more. But then again, I was young so I probably didn't even know what I was doing most of the time. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    i blacked out maaaaaany times, cause i prefer attempting as soon as i think i'd maybe have a minimal chance to win, training is soo annoying =D
    especially mistys starmy in rby and whitneys miltank in gsc seem to kill me always at least one time

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • I will say that I have been blacked out for once or twice because I have been playing Pokemon Pearl since it came out.

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
    Years
  • I must be worse than I thought! I've blacked out loads of times! Especially when I was first starting out, but it still happens. Usually I only black out during a really tough gym battle or during the Elite Four.

Venasaur001

The Grass Legend
    Years
  • When I have been playing the Pokemon games, I must say that I been blacking out every other time I battle a Pokemon trainer or a gym leader.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • none other then on purpose or training purposes against a gym leader or against that rocket on the nugget bridge in red/fire red so i can get a ton of money by selling a million nuggets.

Back