• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How many tries did it take you to beat Brawly?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Several tries for me. In Emerald, this is what happened:
    Treecko/Grovyle used Tackle!
    The attack missed!
    Makuhita began tightening it's focus!
    Makuhita used FOCUS PUNCH!
    Grovyle fainted!

I hated Brawly so much.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • for mr Norman was the hardest.... Decptively leveled Slaking, one Disabled slaking obsessed with Focus punch, and and monster of a vigoroth. I never train fighting or rock types, and i was made to pay.
    Brawly otoh was not hard in the slightest.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
  • well i lost at the first try,but i figured that if i could a catch a flying type pokemon then i could beat him easily and then i did it!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • It took me 1 time. I got a Ralts very early on. They're like Gen III's Pikachu.

But the Ralts is hard to level up so it can get an actual damaging move.

Also did anybody else take forever trying to get a Ralts, but when they got it, they were dissapointed because it was male? I don't know about anybody else, but nothing is odder than a Male Kirlia

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I've never beaten it in one go except on a speed-run, where my team for the whole game was Swampert and Gardevoir. Needless to say, Kirlia destroyed him.

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
  • In the begining it always took me quite a while, i already had a Sableye on my team, which i caught from that cave. I'm impatient so i always barged in, i only succeeded in my 5th try.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Torchic can learn Peck. That's all, my friends XD

When I chose Mudkip, I caught a Ralts and kept training it in the cave nearby. That's another useful solution.

Ralts is ***** to catch :\

It took me quite a few times. Even though i had both combusken and tailow :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'm really surprised to see how many people had trouble with this Gym... First time out, my Combusken kicked serious butt, as did my Ralts this second time 'round.
    I can't honestly remember who it was, but one Gym Leader was difficult for me. Hmm...

Back