• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many viruses have you had?

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    When I was younger, they hit me all the time. Pretty much from me looking for free stuff all the time.

Now, I haven't had one in years. But I still protect myself even though. NOD32 Antivirus 4 and Malwarebytes. :3

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    My computer's been attacked by all sorts. Most of them a few years ago, when I was a tad illiterate about them in a way, and you could say I was a little immature. But the situation's improved. I get along with my computer more these days. >>

How long has it been since you had one?
    Approximately 1 year, I think.

What antivirus do you use?
    AVG, Avast!, McAfee and a couple of others.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Welllll, I've been on a Mac for pretty much my entire life (barring the 1-2ish years I used a PC), so I haven't had a virus in really forever. But during the period of like a year and half when I had a PC, I think I had one big attack of malware/adware.

Zet

Years

AVG, Avast!, McAfee and a couple of others.

Sweet zombie Jesus! Please tell me you don't have all those AVs intalled at once, because that's like overdosing your PC. Get rid of AVG, McAfee and please send me a VM with the other AVs you use so I can help you better.

Welllll, I've been on a Mac for pretty much my entire life (barring the 1-2ish years I used a PC), so I haven't had a virus in really forever. But during the period of like a year and half when I had a PC, I think I had one big attack of malware/adware.
    You probably have a few Windows viruses hidden on your mac, just waiting for the sight of Windows to appear.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've only had one virus (I think), but it was pretty bad. My computer just randomly started getting progressively worse until it got to the point where I was unable to do anything at all and sometimes it wouldn't even get to the log-on screen. Not a single anti-virus program I downloaded could even detect it, let alone get rid of it. So I just formatted my hard drive, Installed Windows 7 and started anew. I still have no idea what happened, or if it was even a virus. That was a couple of months ago, and my computer's been working fine since the format.

I use MSE, I used to have AVG but it is absolutely awful so I am never getting it again.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    In the past, so many that I couldn't even count.

Now, occasionally.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    Hmm..

Trojan Horse put in hell alot of viruses on the pc... :/
    Backdoor
    Haxdoor
    Bloodhound

ARGH TOO MANY TO COUNT AND EACH FIVE SECONDS I SAW ONE OF THE FILES IN THE WINDOWS MAP JUST DISAPPEAR x.x;

The pc was like 80% damaged. :/ So we reinstalled the whole thing, all the viruses were gone ^^

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    1, but it basically killed my old laptop.

about 4 years.

AVG ftw. Probably not the most complete but it goes well with my firewall and other defence things so it's all good.

Years
    I just thought I'd take the chance to point out that most of us have more malware infections than we think we do. Low detections are not always a good thing, especially with AVG, lol.

Sara Yamamoto

Adult Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 19, 2015
    I use a decent anti-virus called Norton Internet Security which is a better version of Norton Antivirus because its got Real Time Protection :)

I've had Norton before. I heard it takes control of your computer. It did it to ours.

Let's see.
    Number of times the computer crashed:3
    When: 2-3 years apart
    Number of times hit by lightining:1

Last edited:

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I remember a few years back getting a trojan were roach like bugs would crawl all over my screen and it ate at the screen and slowly disabled everything intill it wiped my computer.I had to turn my computer on real fast and go to boot window fast in a matter of seconds to be able to reinstall windows xp on it or it would shut off.It pissed me off.

Its been about 3 years since i had one thou

I use norton now but before 3 years ago i didn't use anti virus which lead to the trojan XD

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
    I haven't had that many viruses, in fact only 2.

2 Years

Trend Micro, our antivirus, is expired and currently we are using only Windows Defender. It's going fine with only Windows Defender.

I used Windows for 12 years without a single virus. Then I switched to Linux and most virii are not supported by my operating system, so I do not anticipate problems with them.

Sara Yamamoto

Adult Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 19, 2015
    For Heaven's sake Binary! Your just asking for trouble with three. Some of them are labeled "does not play well with others".

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Freaking Antivirus Scan... :/

Now I have to reinstall Windows on my friend's computer. Thanks so much. D<

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I've only had 4 really harmful ones in which I was forced to reinstall my Operating System.
    Other than that I am not sure how many its not much though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    One virus, not more. This one hit my computer hard in August of 2009. Ended up sending my computer for repairs for 4 weeks. Note to self: be careful when downloading torrents!

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
    Only 1
    . I also remember what it did. It didn't allow me to open any folders so I had to create folders, put my shortcuts in them and then drag them to the taskbar.

7 years...wow

Norton Internet Security.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    One virus, not more. This one hit my computer hard in August of 2009. Ended up sending my computer for repairs for 4 weeks. Note to self: be careful when downloading torrents!
    Read the comments next time! 8D

Back