• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many viruses have you had?

blue

gucci
    Years
    I've had a few Virus' (mainly Trojans) but saved thanks to AVG!

I had a major virus a couple of weeks ago however. It wasn't a virus but it was, a fake "AntiVirus Program" had somehow installed onto my computer and faked that I had Viruses and created a list of fake viruses that I didn't have but was cleverly plotted to make it look like it, and it was fixating on the fact I had "Viruses" and the only was to get rid of it was to buy the program for a large sum of money and it also blocked me from opening anything from Internet, to recovery programs.
    Eventually I had to do a System Restore which I wasn't best pleased about as I restored back to longer than a Month earlier which meant I lost several files :/

But now I've got AVG always running and it's protecting my computer.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I've had a few over the years (on other people's computers).

Ironically I do the exact same things now (on my old laptop) that I did back then and I haven't gotten a virus....so the moral of the story, it wasn't me getting the viruses it was the primary user.

Even though I was the one fixing and removing them ;-;

I also have an ubuntu dualboot just in case my windows were to crash or whatever.

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
    Two. One on my old Dell desktop back in 2007, which I was never able to reformat because the disk drive is broken. Another that my little brother got on my laptop back in November 2010, but I reformatted and it's all good now.

How long has it been since you had one?
    5 months.

What antivirus do you use?
    Norton and Malwarebytes as of now. I used the McAfee subscription that came with my laptop until I got that virus back in November.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I use Ubuntu and still watch out. That way, I have never had a single virus. People should realize that installing windows, getting viruses, and then using antiviruses on your computer is like cutting your arm twenty-seven times, going out, playing around in the dirt, and then using bandages to stop the blood flow without even cleaning said arm first.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    One, in 2002 when I got my first desktop. I don't remember which virus, it was sometime around when Blaster hit the fan.

How long has it been since you had one?
    9 years

What antivirus do you use?
    None. I keep my browsers sandboxed, audit certain things, regularly read & investigate logs, and keep track of my system in general.

Back