• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many years have you been playing Pokémon?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    This is my 13th year, it will be 13 years in October - my 21st Birthday. I got Pokemon Red for my 8th.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    This is currently my 5th year of playing Pokemon, so I started playing in the Emerald/Mystery Dungeon days.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I started playing back in 1999, my first game being Gold. I watched the anime way before I started playing the games. I liked the anime mostly because of Jessie and James, and when I saw Pokemon Yellow I figured the games would be mostly about Ash and just follow along the anime storyline so I wasn't interested. Then a friend of mine showed me Silver, and I thought it looked cool, so I started playing. I was around 9 or 10.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Man, I've been playing the Pokemon games since the month after Red/Blue's American release, so October 1998...just past 12 years now.

Of course, it hasn't all been Pokemon. I go through it in "phases" and then move onto something else for a while before going back. XD

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I have been playing pokemon for 2 years now which is nothing compared to you guys.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I've been playing since the year R/B came out. I got them for Christmas, along with a GBC, so it'll be 13 years this December, I think?
    I'm terrible at math, so I might be a little off. ^^;

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I've been on/off with Pokemon lately. However, if one goes back to the first time I ever played a game, it would be in 2001. I got hooked in 2004, because of Pokemon Sapphire. It was a shame that I wasn't able to play Pokemon Red until much later. It would've been cool if I was a fan from the beginning till the end.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I say that I have been playing for about 8 or 9 years now. So I started during either 2003 or 2002, at the age of either 4 or 5. It's kind of hard to remember; I was pretty young. My brother allowed me to start playing his 1st and 2nd gen. Pokemon games, and then I was hooked.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I've been playing since the beginning. It's hard to believe it's been twelve years. I plan on playing until they stop making games, even if I'm 90 <3

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Shortly after Pokemon Blue came out I got it, so that was . . . late '98. I guess that makes it just under 12 and a half years.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Been playing Pokemon since it came out when I was in the 5th grade with Red. There has been "huge" gaps between playing each version of course.

Years
    I have been playing since the first games were released. For me, it was released in 1999.

So I have been playing for 12 years.
    I haven't play a franchise for that long and I doubt I will ever play something like this for that long ever again.

But I will jeep playing Pokemon.​

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    13 years. That seems like a long time but I've been a Doctor Who fan for 15 years. o__O

Back