• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old were you?...

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    First times..ahh memories..

How old were you when you first beat your Pokemon game? And which game was it?

I was 6 years old. (As god as my witness this is true) I'd got it as a Christmas present and beat the game in three days. I was so proud of myself. :D It was Pokemon Red. I wish I didn't lose it. :( I remember pawning with my Charizard, NN Char Char.

So tell me PC, how old were you when you beat your first Pokemon game and what game was it? Also who was your starter?

Last edited:
    Years
    Ah, I'm in the mood for a life story :D
    My first game was Yellow, got for my 6th birthday back in 1999. Family friends (religious) told me Pokemon were evil, so that scared me out of playing for a few weeks. Then I got back into it, and after an age, I discovered how to beat Brock.
    But I didn't beat the game. I got... I think the 5th badge, and got stuck while looking for the Card Key in Silph Co.
    By then, it was about 2001, and a friend in my class gave Silver to me. I'd played that before, and once figuring out how to get to Morty, I flew through it.
    TL;DR, my first game to finish was Silver, when I was about 8. I remember playing through it so many times after that... Then it was in my pocket, and went into the washing machine. That killed the internal battery, so.. Still have Yellow, though, and I finished that in about 2004. Took quite a while, yeah, but I really enjoyed it :D

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I was 6 years old. (As god as my witness this is true) I'd got it as a Christmas present and beat the game in three days. I was so proud of myself. :D It was Pokemon Red.​

This.
    Though it took me three days to get out of the house and another week to find out what saving was. It took me about two months to finish, after getting it for my birthday. I still remember my Charmander that I refused to evolve. I stupidly overwrited the game three years later. I still have it and the battery is still going.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I can't remember how old I was. It was Pokemon Red that I beat first and that was prior to the release of G/S/C, so it must've been 1998 at a guess. So I was six. How I miss those days, the Elite Four scared me back then. :)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I was about ten or eleven years old when I first beat the Elite Four in Pokemon Sapphire. It felt good beating a game without any assistance at all. Now I only wished to go back and beat it again with properly trained Pokemons.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Wow, six is a popular age to beat your first Pokemon game. That's how old I was when I beat Blue. I remember my friend would come over with his Pokemon and we'd both play next to each other, helping each other with hard parts of the game.

Years
    Hmm, I think I was 4 or 5. It was Pokemon Red and I chose Charmander. I think I completed the whole game using Charizard. Needless to say, I didn't know that I should have caught some Pokemon for my team. :P

Last edited:

Father-nature

I train only the finest
    Years
    I beat my first pokemon game at the age of 4, it was gold, i was an expert!
    I knew how to do everything in it! i even had a mew and a celebi :)

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    7 or 8. I'd guess 7 though.
    I didn't get Pokemon Blue until a year after it came out, and I was jealous when I saw a friend playing it on his Gameboy Pocket.

My first starter was Squirtle, because he was awesome at the time.
    My pidgeot on that save file was my first level 100.
    my second didn't come until my Typhlosion on Pokemon Gold when it came out :P

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    The first time I played Pokémon was during my holidays. A friend was playing Ruby and he asked me to beat the League. I was 8 at that time. But, when I was 12, I completed my first Pokémon game: Gold. One year after, I beated Diamond (which was a drastical change for me). After that, I have beaten most of the games.

Back