• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How old were you

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I got both Ruby and Sapphire almost immediately after it came out - I remember it being sold out at my local EB, so I had to go to a different mall to get it. I must have been about 9 then, since it was out in 2003.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Wow. I was six when they came out. However, I don't remember if I bought them as the came out or a little bit later. I think Emerald had already come out by then, so I was a little older by the time I got Sapphire and Emerald.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • 10 or 11 I played Ruby 1st because I was helping a friend with his game. He hated grinding and level up his Pokemon. So I did it for him. I played Sapphire & Emerald emulators. The only 3rd Gen game I owned was Fire Red if you count that one.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    In 2003, I would have been 7 years old. I remember naming my first Sapphire team after Muppets.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I was 12 at the time when Ruby/Sapphire came out. I had the feeling that the move to Game Boy Advance would be better. And, indeed it was, and Ruby/Sapphire still remains my favorite games of the series.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I was 8 when I heard the news and 9 when I played. I eventually got all the Hoenn games, but my first was Sapphire.

I remember all the rumors and speculation at school before the games came out.

"I hear your Pokemon can follow you in certain places."
    "Yeah? Well I heard that the game has tornadoes in it and you have to outrun the storm."
    "How cool is that? I can't wait!"

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I am currently Fearow years old.
    I would have been about Butterfree or Weedle years old when I first started playing the games.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • I was 15 or something when i first played Pokemon. Maybe 13 to 15. ahh yes between these years i used to play Pokemon games sooo much. Its was my drug and addiction.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I was around 11 years old when Ruby and Sapphire came out. They became my pure obsession the moment I got them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2015
    I was in 3rd grade when Pokemon first came out. That would make me 7 or 8. All of my friends would play pokemon at recess and trade and battle. I think that is when I started hating pvp pokemon. The original kinda sucked that way

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think I was 13 when me and my brother bought Ruby and a GBA together. I nagged the save file for ages, while he was stuck with playing Yellow. What can I say, I was the oldest and strongest >:)

Years
    • Age 31
    • OH
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I was playing Ruby in elementary school, so I know I was under 13. I remember sitting on the bus playing every day and I recall beating the Elite 4 for the first time whilst sitting on the bus heading to school. I logged countless hours on that cartridge. I still recall the time I beat the Elite 4 with just Blaziken lvl 100...good times good times.

Years
  • I was 13 when i first discovered pkmn. That is FR/LG and i liked its warm gameplay and music that other games in GBA such as FinalFantasy or Legend of zelda. Moreover pokemon just don't die when losing a battle.

The Serious Table

Can't touch this
    Years
  • I was only a wee little lad (XD Scottish impression?). I was 11 when I got this game and I loved it sooo much. Still have it after all these years! It's the second oldest cartridge I have. Second to Fire Emblem.

Years
  • I was 10 years old when I first saw the commercial for Pokemon Ruby. I wanted it so bad but I had to wait until November to purchase my Gameboy Advance and Ruby.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I was 9 when I first procured my copy of Leaf Green. Found it buried in the playground gravel, best believe I didn't tell anyone. Didn't have enough money at the time to shell out $30 for it, so I figure I got pretty lucky.

And then I got Emerald when I was like 13 or something at a local pawn shop for $5, guys said it's internal battery went out, so I visited my local grocery store and found a battery that fitted it perfectly.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I was 6 when my cousin introduced the pokemon red to me. After that, i start collecting gba games until 10. On my 11th birthday, my father gave me a ds and start playing pokemon diamond..after that, i start collecting all the game devices....my collections are almost complete..haha~

dresden_88

Warden
    Years
  • I was about 9 or 10 I think, when I first heard the beckoning call of pokemon red/blue. such a long time ago looking back at it. I've had many fond memories of the golden days when pokemon made even less sense than it does now. If I remember right, I heard about Gold and Silver when I was first getting into highschool. If you can't tell, I LITERALLY grew up with pokemon :3

Years have gone by, and due to increased cost of living, I don't have anything better than a GBA and the VBA emulator to play with friends that live a long distance from me (yay hamachi xD) anyways, I was just a child when pokemon first moved into my area and I'll probably keep playing til I get old and develop amnesia or something like that lol

Back