• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How old were you?

Years
  • On April 22, 2007, the North American release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, so my question today is... How old were you when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were released in North America?

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I was only 9 when they released, and got Diamond and a DS Lite for my 10th birthday. It was the first Pokemon game I ever owned for myself :')

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was around 14 or so, if I remember correctly. Loved these games from get-go, and if I were ever given chance to go back in time, turn 14 again, re-purchase them, and play from all over again, I would accept it in a heart-beat.

Years
  • I would've been 15 at the time they came out, but I was in a bit of a Pokemon lull at the time, so I didn't care too much about their release. In fact, I didn't play any of the Sinnoh games until after I graduated high school, which would've been 3+ years after Diamond and Pearl were first released.

Years
  • I was literally just about to turn 16, two days after the release in fact. I still remember all those hours I logged on my Pearl version, haha.

Years
  • 7 years ago I was 16. Doesn't really even feel like that far back! Still feels like 2009 was two years ago.. I remember doing chores so my mom would let me order the Japanese version of Pearl since the games weren't localized yet.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • I was 15 when Diamond and Pearl were released which at that time I wasn't big into Pokemon anymore so I didn't buy the game. I stuck with Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I never got it on release, I was in my non-Pokemon phase. I was 12 years old.
    I got Platinum when I was 14 though.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    I was 7. I just got into Pokemon. It helped me read faster

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Was like 7 or 8. It was my second Pokemon game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was 13, though I wasn't able to acquire DP until about a year and a half later since I lacked a DS :<

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • I was only 6 years old when it was released in North America. I bought it as soon as it was released in Europe and began playing the game (not very well ...) as soon as possible.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I believe I was 13 when Diamond and Pearl came out. However, I didn't get Pearl until after I turned 14 later that year.

It's like I'm old but I'm really not....

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I was 13, and I only got Ddiamond like a year or 2 ago :C

The D/P/Pt time was a time when I lost my interest in Pokemon and I didnt bother to buy it.

Back