• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How old were you?

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
  • Goodness it doesn't seem real that they where released 7 years ago needless to say I was 10 at the time getting ready to turn 11 that June!

Years
  • I was only 14 at the time these games came out, still in Year 9 at high school at the time. And funnily enough the following year I finally got to play them after getting them for my 16th birthday.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • I was 11 because I recieved Diamond for my 11th birthday along with a DS. This was three months after the NA release. As 11 year olds are obsessed with cheats and otherwise exploiting video games, I used the hell out of my Action Replay to catch every Legendary I could think of.

At this time, I got hooked on internet forums and subsequently, Pokemon chat rooms to Wi-Fi battle. After years of offline gaming and struggling through link cables, Wi-Fi and wireless connection seemed like a miracle to me.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I was 13 (though I swear it feels like I was 14) when I got Pearl the day it came out. I played the hell out of that game, I think I had 500+ hours on it by the time HGSS came out. I remember when all the Pokémon forums exploded with its release because I had just started getting active in online Pokémon communities in 2006.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • hmm it was july 2007 i think when it came out in nz haha.. I've never really played pokemon before so when i received a ds lite and pokemon diamond for my 14th bday it was really cool i was so excited getting my very first pokemon!!!

PS: Sinnoh is the best region d:

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    I was exactly the same as marisa, 9 years old and given pokemon diamond and a ds for my birthday ;u; my friend had pearl and I was obsessed with playing it more than she did, so I got my own copy

Years
  • I had just turned 13, and it was completely under my radar at the time. I didn't get into Pokemon until I was a senior in high school, and I got my first copy of a game from the gen (Diamond) the summer after I graduated.

Years
  • I was 19 sec 12 minute 5 hour 2 month 7 year old
    Hard to calculated i take 16 minute to solve this Problem uff i need some water uff
    uff

Years
  • It was released like a few weeks after my 10th birthday I think. I remember getting the pre-order as a gift as the game was like the one thing I really wanted haha. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I was 9, but I had to share my copy of Diamond with my little brother. My first Pokemon game I owned individually was Emerald

Years
  • I was 16 at the time, but I wasn't even aware of other Gens than first and second at the time, because I stopped watching Pokemon in 2003. I started to play overally in 2009 so I realized there was III and IV Gen after a while and not to mention V was coming up really soon.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I was 13 when these games came out.. and to be honest, they've been one of my favorite of the entire series.

Back