• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How old were you?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • At the time DP came out in America, I was 14 going on 15. I was in the middle of 8th grade and I knew there were some knew Pokemon recently announced, but didn't realized until several months before that a new game was also coming. I guess I didn't just put two and two together , and realized new Pokemon meant new games. lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I was a fresh faced 16 year old, who instead of worrying about driving exams, just wanted to catch 'em all!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I was 16 and a junior in high school when DP was released, but I never played the game until I got to college. :P

Years
  • I was 14 but I must have been living under a rock or something cause I had no idea they were even released lol :) Then when I got to Uni in first year (a little bit after I'd turned 19) I was watching someone play Pearl with a lot of interest and got pretty hooked after they let me have a go haha, so after doing some research I went out and got my own copy of Diamond and it's been one of my favourite games ever since :)

Years
  • I'm pretty sure I was 8. I remember marking off the days until release off on my calendar and then forgetting which day it was supposed to come out so I ended up getting it a week late.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I was 13 then. I was aware of the release but didn't get the opportunity to play it until I got an NDS for my Christmas present at the end of the year. I straight away downloaded Pearl onto my R4.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2015
    I got my first DS an d pokemon game when I was 7! My first Pokemon game was Pearl which I sadly lost and ya. The first game I played I didnt know what to do so I played the whole game with a starly. I released my chimchar at the beginning and won the game with a lv 100 Staraptor. LOL

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I am 21 now, so I was 13 when this happened. Talk about a #throwbackthursday x,D

Haggerella

Captain Butts
    Years
  • Crumbs. You guys make me feel old, haha. I was 18 in 2007, and the only person I knew to have bought it. Luckily i was dating a dude at the time who saw I loved pokemon and bought the diamond to my pearl so I at least got his Dialga before i dumped him ahahaha

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I remember that day, I had to wait until the end of the day to play Pokemon Pearl and I was so excited that I poked a big hole into the case in order to open it. I was in the 9th grade and I was 15 years old.

:t354:TG

Years
  • I was 5...I started playing DS games in late 2009/early 2010...I got Pearl in May of this year. It was a pre-owned copy, and the previous account only had all of the event legendaries that existed in Gen 4, so that was awesome.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I would have just turned 14 the month prior. I got the game for Christmas that year.

To say the least I think it's honestly the weakest in the series, but apparently I'm alone in thinking that.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    5 or 6 when D/P came out, just starting Kindergarten. My parents didn't think I'd get what was going on even though I had watched my sister play Emerald at least a couple of thousand or so times and understood what most pokemon did. I got why they thought that though. :p

But being the kid I was, if I couldn't get D/P, I'd just ask for Platinum. And that's what ended up happening 2 years later, when I got Platinum for my eighth birthday. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I was 14 and in 9th grade. I bought them both on release day. :) This was about the time it was hard to find other fans of the game locally though, but thankfully my siblings played. We had plenty of fun times helping each other get the (at the time) new evolutions and battling each other. :)

Back