• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Organized Are Your PC Boxes?

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
  • As someone who likes to breed quite a bit, box organization can be very useful so I can speed up breeding times. I actually got lazy and let them get out of hand, so I had to spend about an hour yesterday to clean them up.

I organized my boxes like this:
    1. Battle Ready (My fully trained and bred mons)
    2. To Breed (Self explanatory)
    3. Breeding Tools (My Ditto bank, 6IV males, Pokerus, False Swiper, Talonflame, Lv. 100 for leveling other mons)
    4. Tradeables (Excess perfect mons, UBs, things like that)
    5. Wonder Trade (My almost perfect breedjects go here, to share the love with others!)
    6. Foreign Mons (For possible Masuda Method if I decide to care about shinies)
    7. Abras (Synchronize OP)
    8. Shinies (Only have three right now, none were caught on purpose.)
    9. Misc. (Mostly Island Scan mons and ones with low encounter rates, just in case I want to breed one in the future)
    10. Eggs (just an egg dump)
    11. New Arrivals (Any recently caught/received from day care go here until moved to another box or released)

So, how do you organize your boxes in Sun/Moon? Do you organize yours at all? Let me know, PC!

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I have a full living Dex in national dex order (not including variants) then I have a box for my Dittos and Flame body hatcher and any breeding projects, a box for my special pokemon (from events, shinies etc) that dont fit into my main dex, a box for my competitive pokemon teams I keep.

When banks available I may make a box for all Alolan variants as they are different enough to warrant space alongside the normal dex.

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
    Years
  • My box isn't organized at all. Outside of boxes put aside for UBs, Shinies, Legendaries, and my favorites, my boxes have no particular arrangements. So expect a messy PC when you see mine.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • my first box are mons that i've caught on my journey that I've nicknamed and like (starter, my team, Nebby, etc). the next few boxes are my living dex, but not all the mons just ones that were introduced in Alola (including new forms) because I already have a living dex in my Bank that includes older mons. Also my shinies haha

Next few boxes are empty, then the rest are 2-3 boxes of parents/dittos/synchronize abras, followed by a bunch of boxes of breedjects. includes like 3 boxes of jangmo-os haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They aren't, put simply. I've never really bothered to go back and actually organize them, my Pokémon are just stored in the order that I caught them.

Years
  • I've only organised my boxes back on X, just waiting to transfer everything over tbh so I haven't bothered organising stuff in SM.

Years
  • Not that organized. I have boxes for 'mons I want to keep but not really use (cold storage), one for the 'mons I use regularly, and I have others for Pokemon I've hatched or want to offer as trade on GTS. I try to keep Pokemon of the same type close to each other so I can find them more easily, but that doesn't always happen.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I've kept my boxes organised by types since the original Sapphire/Ruby games, with a fitting wallpaper and everything. Not the best but I'm used to it. Extra boxes are for Shinies, Breeding stock and Eggs, Pokémon to trade, stuff like that.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I usually don't organize my boxes until I have too many pokemon. I either go by generation or type and only keep the final evolution of a pokemon. I will also keep forms. I find that going by generations is the easiest to do though because most of the time, I don't know where I want to put dual type pokemon.

I also have a few boxes set aside for shiny pokemon and one for Vivillon Forms. I have a box for legends, which I honestly have way too many now. But they may come in hand later on for trading if I can't get certain pokemon. And I also use Box 30 for my breeding box when i am hunting for shiny pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    i havent transferred anything from pokebank yet but it's usually

several boxes of pokedex
    breeding pokemon (ha, em, ivs)
    iv bred pokes
    my babies
    and then pages and pages of copies

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    They're not. I told myself I would turn over a new leaf with Sun/Moon, which I am still playing through, I CAN STILL CHANGE, but so far they're disorganized. When I catch something I just send it to the PC randomly and leave it where it is, unless I train it eventually.

When I was really into.. Ruby, and I think also Platinum, I had fully organized boxes, by type, and then by level. That was.. actually tons easier to navigate, but most of the time I just don't bother, oops.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I have a full living Dex in national dex order (not including variants) then I have a box for my Dittos and Flame body hatcher and any breeding projects, a box for my special pokemon (from events, shinies etc) that dont fit into my main dex, a box for my competitive pokemon teams I keep.

When banks available I may make a box for all Alolan variants as they are different enough to warrant space alongside the normal dex.

about the same for me, i even got my boxes named 1-30, 31-60, 61-90, ect with another box for alola forms at the end and everything else tossed into the next box over

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    The number of in game boxes is not enough! They need to just give 50 as a standard as this would allow for lots of expansion.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    They aren't organized personally for me yet because I am in the process of getting every single Ghost type located in the game and getting the right natures for them, so I have a lot of breeding to do. As for my Ghost types on X/Y-ORSS I am not entirely sure whether I'll use PokeBank to bring them to my Moon copy, I view this game as a new start so I was hoping to catch all of my Ghost Pokemon through the game alone. A huge disappointment however was that you couldn't catch Jellicent in the game, so I may use Pokebank for that.

How Organized Are Your PC Boxes?

How could you say no to this face?;-;

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I've a complete living dex from Bulbasaur to Magearna. It includes all forms and variations including Pokemon who have drastic gender differences (Unfeazant, Meowstic, Jellicent, Pyroar), type differences (Alolan forms, Wormadam, Rotom, Arceus), and permanent form changes (Hoopa, Zygarde, Shaymin, Deoxys). Also I've got an entire box for Unown, Vivillon and Minior.

I literally only have about 4 or 5 empty boxes in my entire PC. I've become obsessed with collection and organizing it but it gives me so much satisfaction to look at my collection. Most of them are battle ready as well.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I have a Living Dex, followed by Aprimon boxes.

Pretty organized.

LOL, It's actually messed around because I trade my Living dex for Aprimons on the GTS and I'm as disorganized as anyone

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I currently have a living dex in my PC. The only alternative forms I have are the Kantonian forms for the Alolan Pokemon. I may obtain the other forms, but not for a while.

Other than that, I just have the extra Ultra Beasts and my in game team in the box. So kind of organised.

Years
  • I have all my Tapus placed next to each other, and same with five of my UB's. I also have both a Midday and Midnight Lycanroc sitting next to each other, as well as my four Oricorio who have each one of its forms.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    *cringes*

Before the pokebank update it was pure chaos.

I started out with a box or two for pokes i caught just for my dex, then a box for pokes i was going to play with. Then all hell broke loose when i started breeding, and i ended up having to organize all my boxes by deleting like...50-100 mons and filling up two boxes of eggs.

Now i have
    -2 boxes for special pokemon
    -1 box for my competative normal pokes and some random pokes i may use to breed
    -2 boxes for randomly caught alolan pokes
    -1 box for left of transfer normal pokes
    -rest are just full of eggs and breeding rejects.
    -maybe 5-7 open boxes.

Back