• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How the 493 pokemon will be inserted in

Do you believe my theory?

• Yes

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 78.7%

• Total voters

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
Years
  • I believe, that just like in firered, the 493 pokemon will be inserted in via a strip of islands or a new region. This is why I think that there is definetly a possibility for orange islands and hoenn.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    well, remember 2 regions already exist in this game, and many event pokemon are in as well from all the generations, i think the new modifications to johto and kanto will be enough, maybe some islands will be included but definitely not hoenn, no way in hell will nintendo remake 3 games in 1, that ll defeat the purposae of making sapphire and ruby remakes in the future, so ya u can say i only agree about the islands, not nesesarily the orange islands, but ya i do think going to some islands will be plausible...

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I think they will just become available in the grasses after the National Dex.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I think they'll be relatively true to the originals in what you find where in Kanto and Johto, and then there will be an extra new place that includes most Pokemon you can not catch any other place in any of the 4th generation games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, And Johto and Kanto in HeartGold and SoulSilver)

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
  • this is what will happen.
    all of the johto pokémon will be in, (obviously)
    all kanto pokémon will be in, with the exception of:
    starters
    Kabuto, Omanyte, and their evolution families,
    Legendary birds.
    (mewtwo has been confirmed to be in, so we don't have to worry about that.)
    many of the hoenn pokémon will begin to appear after getting the national pokédex in swarms,new areas, and possibly pokéradar.
    the number of sinnoh pokémon: 0 (with the exception of some events) all of these pokémon can be traded from D/P/Pt
    i know this because this is what happened in firered and leafgreen. the johto pokémon started appearing on the sevii islands after getting the national pokédex. no third gen pokémon were in, because you could trade for them with R/S/E.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • Okay, to conclude this quickly, Hoenn is 100% guaranteed to be not in, and they're not adding new islands and stuff. I know this because there's no need to because we have two regions and you will be able to go to the Safari Zone and stuff and explore the regions with the national dex, end of story.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • I believe, that just like in firered, the 493 pokemon will be inserted in via a strip of islands or a new region. This is why I think that there is definetly a possibility for orange islands and hoenn.

Hmm, maybe, except for the fact that it was already confirmed that they wouldn't be in the game. They don't need to get all 493 Pokemon in the game anyway since there is DPP in which you can get most of them. There is also the Safari Zone.

this is what will happen.
    starters
    Legendary birds.
    many of the hoenn pokémon will begin to appear after getting the national pokédex in swarms,new areas, and possibly pokéradar.
    the number of sinnoh pokémon: 0 (with the exception of some events) all of these pokémon can be traded from D/P/Pt
    i know this because this is what happened in firered and leafgreen. the johto pokémon started appearing on the sevii islands after getting the national pokédex. no third gen pokémon were in, because you could trade for them with R/S/E.

This appears to be the most accurate and likely assumption.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Blah, what's so complicated. With DPPt (and 1-2 events for legendaries), you can get the whole 4th gen, 1/4 of the first gen or more, 1/4 of the 2nd gen or more, and 1/3 of the 3rd gen or more.
    HGSS will for sure complete that, and won't have any 4th gen wild Pokemons probably, just like what happened in FRLG and 3rd gen.

And no, Hoenn will 99.99999999999% be in. Keep it for the next console and probably next gen. And we probably won't get Sevii islands. We might get an Island, like the after-league training thing in DPPt. No way we'll get Orange islands cause those were Anime fillers, and the games (excluding Yellow) are Manga-based. But, i'd be glad to be mistaken and get the Sevii Islands in HGSS, it'd make the game 10 times more incredible than it is. And I already think it'll be the best Pokemon game right now.

And there's a really high chance we will get starters from 1st gen. And maybe even 3rd gen, cause you can only get those through Pal Park, and DSi/HGSS are attempting to kill Pal Park. Yeah, Omanyte and Kabuto will be out, cause they were in DPPt (and even unlimited, as long as you have unlimited time). The same goes for the 3 birds who were roaming Sinnoh in Platinum.
    The rest of Chris'es post seems pretty much like "the real case".

Years

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Now, due to the fact that the Hoenn legends are available, then Hoenn being available is at least fathomable. But every time the Orange Islands are mentioned, a small puppy dies.
    Anyways, I believe that the non- Johto/Kanto Pokemon will be included in Kanto, and various areas of Johto, as the PokeRadar is sure to be implemented (why not?). Although, that said, there's alot of Pokemon to squeeze into Kanto, so another area is sure to be included. Hoenn is a nice thought- it'd be really going that extra mile, and they seem to be going crazy on this game. Although there's sure to be some decent evidence against it or something, but I like to think there's a slight possibility.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I doubt they'll out in the Orange Islands and Hoenn. That would be way too much.
    Although, it would be cool.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • I doubt this would happen. It's too improbable.

Probably you can find Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon in game by:

Pokeradaring
    Swarming
    Special Areas
    Fishing with Super Rod
    Surfing in Special Areas
    Trading with NPC's
    Daily Events - ex. Mr. Backlot's Mansion
    Waiting in special areas on certain days - ex. Drifloon of Friday in the Valley Windworks

Last edited:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I doubt this would happen. It's too improbable.

Pokeradaring
    Swarming
    Special Areas
    Fishing with Super Rod
    Surfing in Special Areas
    Trading with NPC's
    Waiting in special ares on certain days - ex. Drifloon of Friday in the Vallery Windworks

This is what I believe as well. I think Drifloon may become swarms or PokeRadar pokemon. I know your just stating as an example to say what your talking about, but that is my belief, not trying to prove anything d:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • In FR/LG, all the Johto pokemon otherwise unavailable in any of the Hoenn games were delegated to the Sevii Islands.

In HGSS, I believe that there ought to be an east-west extension of the Sevii Island chain ending just south of the Whirl Islands that will be similarly inhabited by Hoenn-native pokemon unobtainable in the sinnoh games. ^_^

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    starters
    Legendary birds.

I doubt this would happen. It's too improbable.

Pokeradaring
    Swarming
    Special Areas
    Fishing with Super Rod
    Surfing in Special Areas
    Trading with NPC's
    Waiting in special areas on certain days - ex. Drifloon of Friday in the Valley Windworks

These two easy listings are probably the most reasonable and more probably options that will be implemented into the remakes. It is what was done with previous games and with the addition of some new features will more than likely work out well. As for the new island, such as the Orange Islands, I doubt it would occur. For one, with the exception of Pokémon Yellow, the games do not follow the anime, and I wouldn't expect them to add in the Orange Islands just for the ability to catch other Pokémon. At least I wouldn't expect it with these options listed above being held. Also, it'll be a lot less data for the game without an extra island to add when we already have two regions and a Battle Frontier included.

Not to forget, we have the new included Safari Zone, so this alone picks up space to collect some of the other regional Pokémon of the 493 discovered. So, it will be a bit less hectic in the game with all of the new inclusions and items/features introduced since the original Gold and Silver versions released back in '99-'00.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Safari Zone would be an easy place to sneak in some of them. If the Sevii Islands end up returning, that'd also be a perfect place to put in some since it's off the main track of the 2 regions.

For the Kanto/Hoenn starters, I think it's pretty likely that Oak/Birch will give you one at a certain point in the game, maybe once you reach Oak's Lab in Pallet.

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
    Years
  • There will be few sinnoh pokemon, just the evolutions/baby forms of cirtain johto/kanto pokemons. but this si obvious, sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Guys, why worrying about it, you have...the new Safari, a tiny potential for the old Safari, places in Kanto you didn't have in GSC but you might get now (remade Kanto, like Mt. Moon), a tiny potential for the Sevii, and most likely all the new catching features from DPPt, AKA Pokeradar, swarm and what not.

Years
  • i partly agree with your theory,
    i personally think sevii islands will be included,
    as GSC was a "sequel" 3 years later to RBY, and HG/SS is a "squel" to RF/LG but 3 years later, the islands aren't going to have mysteriously disappeared.
    unless, of course, there's no boats operating to get there.

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    starters
    Legendary birds.

I have to agree with this as well :P

Back