• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How to easily find the legendary dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    If you are wondering if you should be playing your FR/LG all day to find them, then read this:

As you know, one of the legendary dogs randomly appear in Kanto according to your starter POkémon.
    Bulbasaur - Entei
    Charmander - Suicune
    Squirtle - Raikou

This is an easy way to find them.

Step 1: Fly to Viridian City.
    Step 2: Go to Route 2 (North) until the entrance of the Viridian Forest.
    Step 3: Enter the routehouse, then go out and walk into the grass for a short time using a repel. (Your first Pokémon should be below Lv40)
    Step 4: Repeat Step 3 multiple times until you find it.

This should work because there are only 22 Routes where they can appear (3 are sea routes) so you would have to be pretty lucky to find one. But with this guide, you're sure to find it because its area totally resets each time you warp into a house or building. Finding it should be quick so keep walking just a short time and re-enter the building. This works with any building near the grass, so you can try in your own places. I use this place because I think it's the building nearest to the grass in all Kanto. Remember they will only appear in Kanto, not on the Sevii Islands.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2007
    thanks

thanks for that!
    i was curious why it toook me a while to find entei and suicune on older saved games, i was looking on the sevii islands catching new pokemon doing some stuff you know....
    anyway thatnks hopefully i will get the last legendary dog for my collection.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    You can do the same thing for Latios/Latias in R/S, that is how I got them.

Tker

Kelpo
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2007
    I find that looking around for the roaming Pokemon can be quite a pain, so I just let them come to me, and when I see one I just use my Master Ball.

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    Good trick, if I needed it I would've tried it but I already have them :P

As for the other 2 dogs, I guess you'll need to trade them from other games to Fr/LG ;)

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I've got a similar way to catch Latios/Latias in R/S/E but it takes more time:

1. Fly to Lilicove City
    2. Go west to Route 121 (Not sure about the number)
    3. After walking some time, in the grass, fly to Lilicove again.

~BlackHeartedWolf~

Naruto *Love love*
    Years
    I've got a similar way to catch Latios/Latias in R/S/E but it takes more time:

1. Fly to Lilicove City
    2. Go west to Route 121 (Not sure about the number)
    3. After walking some time, in the grass, fly to Lilicove again.

I actually found Latios/Latias fairly quickly doing that...maybe about an hour or two at the most...

As for Suicune, I found her awful fast too. I went to Celadon City, and went on the route East of that, and wandered around a bit, using Repels. After about 5 minutes, I gave up and went to the Pokemon Center and came back. I didn't use any Repels this time, and guess who was the first Pokemon I saw? Suicune. I don't know if it's just me, but I always manage to get lucky with the Legendary Pokemon. I could elaborate, but maybe later..I'm not even supposed to be on the computer right now, so I can't type too much xD;;

Siigari

NU Addict
    Years
    Dunno if it's closer, but I first encountered my Raikou outside of the area near the Rock Tunnel. There's a Pokémon Center, then not only is there grass up nearby, but you're also right next to a cave entrance. So (for the dogs) it's pretty nearby, and for good level training for lower level Pokémon, you have a nice, dark cave right there. ^_^

Anyway, I didn't catch it, then he sprang up down near Fuschia City. I was like :O waw! lol, but anyway yeah he ran again... (I was in the middle of training my level 30ish shiny Voltorb). Even LATER I found him hanging around a bunch of Oddishes and such... over by the Unknown Dungeon. I was pretty fried, because again, I was training and not trying to catch him.

Blah, why don't I just throw the Master Ball, right? I know, I know. I'm trying to save it for that ultra-rare Pokémon. (Really, I'm just saving it for a Shiny Dratini... but we all know that I can't get one with a Master Ball, because they only show up in the Safari Zone.) *u.u*

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
    thanks for the advice! but i'm not looking forward to catching suicune, i heard he's (suicune) the weakest of all legendary dogs

Suicune may not have brute strength like the other two but it can beat both of them XD don't under estimate a pokemon based on its Att and SpAtt stats

StarLife

+Knowledge is Defense
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2007
    You Can Find The Legendary Dogs At East Of Celadon City Much!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back