• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How to easily find the legendary dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    thanks for the advice! but i'm not looking forward to catching suicune, i heard he's (suicune) the weakest of all legendary dogs
    You heard wrong. Suicune is the best of the Legendary Dogs. By a wide margin. Like the Eevee evolutions, the dogs have the same base stat total (580), but each has their own strength.

Entei, being a Fire-type, is automatically the weakest one. Its strength is that it has the highest base Atk and HP (115 each) and has a good base Spd (100). What does it in, besides being a Fire-type and therefore weak to both physical AND special attacks (Ground/Rock/Water), is its average defenses. Even with its high HP, it faints too easy to be of any good use. Plus, with its higher Atk than SAtk, it also suffers the same fate as Flareon, the worst of the Eevee evolutions, - bad physical movepool.

Raikou actually isn't too bad of a choice. It has the highest base SAtk and Spd (115 each) and a good SDef (100). Unfortunately for Raikou, Electric is weak to Ground, which is a physical attack, taking advantage of its average base Def (75). Typical Electric-type. Fast speed and great power, just too frail to last too long against a common attack. Very similar to Jolteon.

That brings us to Suicune. While it doesn't sport a strong base Atk, SAtk, or Spd, it does have the highest base Def and SDef (115 each) and a good HP (100). What this does is make Suicune one of the better tanks in the game, capable of taking both physical AND special hits very well. You could compare it to Vaporeon, but you would be wrong. It really is a combination of Vaporeon AND Umbreon. It shrugs off damage like Umbreon, but hits back like Vaporeon. Easily the best of the three, without question.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    1.wait, do you go into the route house then walk into the forest or back out south?

2.and, if you use a repel, it wont work, will it?

3.and, does it HAVE TO be a repel or can it be a max repel?

please answer my questions while you are looking through this thread, PLEASE TYVM! :)

Last edited:

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    1.wait, do you go into the route house then walk into the forest or back out south?

2.and, if you use a repel, it wont work, will it?

3.and, does it HAVE TO be a repel or can it be a max repel?

please answer my questions while you are looking through this thread, PLEASE TYVM! :)

1.) Doesn't matter, just walk in any grass for a short period of time and wait and see.

2.) It will work, because the way a repel works is if I have a Lvl 49 pkmn in the front of my party, No pokemon of lower level will be encountered.

3.) It can be any repel.

Although if you can't find him in a while, Fly to the town and try again as fly scrambles up the routes he visits.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    1.) Doesn't matter, just walk in any grass for a short period of time and wait and see.

2.) It will work, because the way a repel works is if I have a Lvl 49 pkmn in the front of my party, No pokemon of lower level will be encountered.

3.) It can be any repel.

Although if you can't find him in a while, Fly to the town and try again as fly scrambles up the routes he visits.

1.TYVM, but do you have to fly to varidian city and walk up and try and fly and walk and fly and walk all of the time?

2.how long do you have to keep on walking in the grass? until the max repel is out or 5 mins? how long?

3.can you do it on a bycicle or does it HAVE TO be walk? if so, can you run?

Paranoia

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    1.TYVM, but do you have to fly to varidian city and walk up and try and fly and walk and fly and walk all of the time?

2.how long do you have to keep on walking in the grass? until the max repel is out or 5 mins? how long?

Heres how I did it,

Flew to Viridian city, Put on max repel, Ran to route two, and ran in the grass, about 10 secs I ran into the building came back out and ran around again, I did that like 20 times, didn't find it then flew back to Viridian city

Repeat Until Found.

Make sure you use your masterball on it, as they always flee.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    Heres how I did it,

Flew to Viridian city, Put on max repel, Ran to route two, and ran in the grass, about 10 secs I ran into the building came back out and ran around again, I did that like 20 times, didn't find it then flew back to Viridian city

Repeat Until Found.

Make sure you use your masterball on it, as they always flee.

OOPS! i used my master ball on mewtwo! what now? well, i'll save everytime, or i could steal my bros masterball ^^
    but i feel bad when i do that, so i wil just put up with the consaquences. TYVM, your magesty! lol (jk) but, TYVM.

and, one more question. if you had no masterball, how would you catch it? i NEED this help.

Last edited:

Paranoia

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    OOPS! i used my master ball on mewtwo! what now? well, i'll save everytime, or i could steal my bros masterball ^^
    but i feel bad when i do that, so i wil just put up with the consaquences. TYVM, your magesty! lol (jk) but, TYVM.

and, one more question. if you had no masterball, how would you catch it? i NEED this help.

Ahah, Lol when I was writing that I knew you used it, I did the very same thing, Well you want to catch it then, get a zubat or golbat, at Level 42 it learns mean look, teach it that, then level it up to level 49 then go find the legendary dog, use mean look, it'll be stuck there and won't run. BIG problem is if it's Raikou or Entei, it might use Roar, this makes you run as well as loose sight of it, as in you can't track it in the pokedex and you'll have to search for it all over again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    Ahah, Lol when I was writing that I knew you used it, I did the very same thing, Well you want to catch it then, get a zubat or golbat, at Level 42 it learns mean look, teach it that, then level it up to level 49 then go find the legendary dog, use mean look, it'll be stuck there and won't run. BIG problem is if it's Raikou or Entei, it might use Roar, this makes you run as well as loose sight of it, as in you can't track it in the pokedex and you'll have to search for it all over again.

i have an ultamite plan, lol. use a wobbuffet. i have a lvl 95 wobbuffet. will that work or not?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    so i can put my lvl 49 omastar as front, when i find raiku i quickly switch as wobbuffet? will he run away or not?

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years

theres one problemo...they will run away if they spotted you well i could be wrong bec the dogs is just like latiasand latios in R/S/E so well maybe

Years
    but wait theres more lol

you can sr for shiny dogs or different natures by using the method the thread starter posted but with a twist

make sure the dog is in your dex
    to get in your dex trade of course
    ok save before giving sapphire to celio
    go to a route with a building or underground tunnel passage
    and walk in and out until it is in your area{to do this you have to have it in your dex and also be able to track it by checking your dex}
    when i is in you area find and catch it with a masterball and check its nature and shinyness or evs/ivs or whatever it is you like
    if it is not what you like then soft reset by pressing a, b, select, start at the same time and proceed all of the steps over again until you get the one you like

Darkside

Michael Myers
    Years
    i found my Entei at sea route first time. i used 67 lvl Raichus thunder wave, it fled, and i found it again, but now i had 100 lvl wobbuffet in first.it used stomp, i counter, safeguard and throwed three Ultra Ball. I caught it,because it goes like this:
    1-3:
    Entei: finding rate:1 Catch:3
    Suicune: Finding rate: 3 Catch: 0
    Raikou: Finding rate:2 Catch: -300%!!!

thepog

Wifi Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    It Worked!

SWEET! IT WORKED ty ty ty ty I was looking for entei for 2 mounths thankyou so much!

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    but wait theres more lol

you can sr for shiny dogs or different natures by using the method the thread starter posted but with a twist

make sure the dog is in your dex
    to get in your dex trade of course
    ok save before giving sapphire to celio
    go to a route with a building or underground tunnel passage
    and walk in and out until it is in your area{to do this you have to have it in your dex and also be able to track it by checking your dex}
    when i is in you area find and catch it with a masterball and check its nature and shinyness or evs/ivs or whatever it is you like
    if it is not what you like then soft reset by pressing a, b, select, start at the same time and proceed all of the steps over again until you get the one you like

I might be wrong, but I thought the dogs' characteristics were set from the start of the game. Or is it when you give the Sapphire to Celio? Have you tried this to check?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back