• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How to get TRU Darkrai

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
Years
  • Finally! I've been waiting for this kind of thing! By the way, whats the difference between Darkria and TRU Darkria?

Oops, sorry!! Double post! Just please ignore it...

Last edited:

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    nothing. TRU is english, eigkan(sp?) is japanese, and i think the english one's OT is TRU. not sure, but I'm driving an hour to go to this, and if they aren't doing it I'm just gonna smack my head on a wall for 14 minuites.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Eigakan is Japanese for Movie Theatre while TRU stands for Toys R Us. Of course they would change the name of the OT, since TRU is holding the event. Plus, there aren't enough space characters for Movie Theatre so they may have had to compromise.

And Serebii confirmed that the TRU Darkrai will have all of the same event moves as Eigakan, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, and Classic Ribbon.

wert5679

Returning Trainer
    Years
  • Yup! My first event. Since I'm going on the first day it's going to be hetic

event's over. back to boring old life!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    really? TRU Darkrai will have a Classic Ribbon and the Event Moves? Huh... cool, i guess.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Oh boy, I'm excited. This isn't my first event so I'm gonna have to be surrounded by 8 year olds yet again. They dun like my cooties and still think Charizard is the best, no joke. :<

Btw everyonr, you do not need Mystery Gift enabled. It'd automatically unlock at the event so you'd only need to be in a PokeMart (Sandgem) to pick it up. That means, finally an army of uncloned, legit Darkrai on wifi.

Oh shnaps, I'm in Florida. /hides

True Justice

Years
  • Yup! My first event. Since I'm going on the first day it's going to be hetic

I'm going on the first day too. But this isn't my first event, I went to the Manaphy event last year but there weren't many people there.

Pokemon.com has just confirmed Darkrai as a direct download. It is also holding an unknown item (presumably the Enigma Berry).

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i thought that it was holding a classic ribbon so it couldnt be traded over GTS?

TwilightBlade

Years
  • i thought that it was holding a classic ribbon so it couldnt be traded over GTS?

Yes that is correct; it can't be traded on the GTS. I meant trading on wifi, like da wifi wifi with friend codes. A lot of people just AR cloned the movie Darkrai and that's what caused the Bold, etc. ones seen as the only "legit" ones. They never had set natures.

True Justice

Years
  • Serebii says it cannot be traded over the GTS due to its Classic Ribbon. However, no official information has been given out. The website mentions having Roar of Time, and Spacial Rend and contained in a Cherish Ball. But nothing about the Classic Ribbon. So at this point, no one can really say for sure if it has one or not. But most likely it will.

Years
  • Btw everyonr, you do not need Mystery Gift enabled. It'd automatically unlock at the event so you'd only need to be in a PokeMart (Sandgem) to pick it up. That means, finally an army of uncloned, legit Darkrai on wifi.

Oh shnaps, I'm in Florida. /hides

Sorry, but you DO have to have Mystery Gift Enabled....

The instructions on Pokemon.com specifically say "Turn on your game and select "Mystery Gift" from the main menu"

If you do NOT have mystery gift enabled, you will not have that menu option.

TwilightBlade

Years
  • Sorry, but you DO have to have Mystery Gift Enabled....

The instructions on Pokemon.com specifically say "Turn on your game and select "Mystery Gift" from the main menu"

If you do NOT have mystery gift enabled, you will not have that menu option.

Um no, I've tested this with the PBR Mystery Gift. If your game doesn't have it yet, it will pop up and add it as soon as you connect to the Gift. There was a youtube video on it as well so go check it out if you'd like.

Edit: Here

Years
  • If PBR and the WII are the first time you've tried to use mystery gift that you have a little bit to learn.
    If you do not have mystery gift enabled when you get to TRU, you will NOT get a popup or any thing telling you it's there that will automatically add it. You must manually activate mystery gift in your game before you can get the TRU darkrai

Notice in your UTube video, that 1) time is cut out of it, it jumps from one thing to another.... 2) mystery gift was enabled before he reset the game.

You are welcome to show up at TRU without mystery gift enabled if you wish, but for anyone who wants to download darkrai from TRU, you will HAVE to have mystery gift enabled. I spent the entire 4 hours of the TRU manaphy event helping people make sure they get mystery gift enabled so they didn't go away disappointed not getting a manaphy.

Back