• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How to make your Pokemon like you more!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
  • shanecdavis, there is no reason to go off on people. I've been taking all suggestions, but these are things that HAVE worked for me. I hope they work for other people as well. If you find any information post it on here and I will put it on the main list along with credit. I hope this information has been helpful for people who needed it. I found out something recently that might benefit a few of you:

Rock and Ground types like the inside of Mt. Mortar, and will roll around in the dirt. This seems to make them happier. I found this out because my Larvitar had fainted a couple of times on a route, and when I took him to Mt. Mortar he was much happier after playing in the dirt.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Thank you. :) This will help me when I restart my SS, cause I'll be getting an Umbreon as usual. xD But yes, thank you very much<3

Do dark Pokemon like Dark Cave? :B

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • ^ Lol Sydian! (w00t Member Post!*)

I'm glad you like it. I don't think Dark Pokemon would like Dark Cave, but I heard from an unconfirmed source (key syllable "UN") that they like the Pokeathelon dome building. Just the building itself. Maybe because of the darklights? IDK.

*That should be the name of a Pokemon move! Darkrai used Member Post! Everybody got on their knees and worshipped! Lolz

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    shanecdavis, there is no reason to go off on people. I've been taking all suggestions, but these are things that HAVE worked for me. I hope they work for other people as well. If you find any information post it on here and I will put it on the main list along with credit. I hope this information has been helpful for people who needed it. I found out something recently that might benefit a few of you:

Rock and Ground types like the inside of Mt. Mortar, and will roll around in the dirt. This seems to make them happier. I found this out because my Larvitar had fainted a couple of times on a route, and when I took him to Mt. Mortar he was much happier after playing in the dirt.
    I am not going off on anyone, just correcting some misperceptions many seem to have about Happiness value. Location simply doesn't affect the Happiness value of a Pokemon. What you are seeing is the increase your Pokemon gets from walking with you. You can walk a Pokemon through a tar pit or a garbage dump and its Happiness value will continue to increase.

I am still trying to get the information on the phrases the girl in Goldenrod says that gauges how happy your Pokemon is. When I do get it I will post it.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • ^ Firstly, that is not true about locations. I know for a fact that specific environments make the Pokemon from those environments happy. On a second note, there are no garbage dumps in the game (or at least that I'm aware of.

I do want to thank you for your time and effort for the "Gauge Girl of Goldenrod" research. It will, without a doubt, be very helpful for this thread.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Be sure to bathe them daily and give them nice clothes. This is essential in their liking you.

Years
  • There's also the haircut guy in the Goldenrod Underground who increases friendship.

I did all this anyway, I just traded in a Luxury Ball to catch a Zubat, and my Golbat evolved again at level 23 =)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    I really like how you can walk around with your pokemon. It really does add to the experience!
    I'm currently walking my Eevee in the national park..

Few things for the OP though

Leveling up increases the happiness of your pokemon

There's also the happiness berries that delete EV points

and Happiness is a stat, 0 - 225. It starts at around 70 for most pokemon.

to find out where you are speak to the woman in goldenrod

"It looks really happy! It must love you a lot." 250-255
    "I get the feeling that it really trusts you." 200-249
    "It's friendly toward you. It looks sort of happy." 150-199
    "It's quite cute." 100-149
    "You should treat it better. It's not used to you." 50-99
    "It doesn't seem to like you at all. It looks mean." 0-49

around 220 your pokemon (like eevee or pichu) will evolve through the happiness stat.

Eevee just evolved into espeon!

Back