• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How was Sinnoh "Rushed"?

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • Okay, people keep saying that Sinnoh and its Pokémon were rushed. Personally I think this is a bandwagon thing, one person says it out of the blue as a reason why they don't like it, then everyone else agrees.

So how exactly was it rushed. I don't think Froslass was rushed, Leafeon, Glaceon and some others I'd rather not mention as I will get demolished for doing so.

Anyway, Bidoof was rushed and could have been better, Buneary could have had a second type, Pachirisu was uneccesary but they shouldn't represent the whole Generation. Thank you.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • I don't really get what peoples gripe about the game is, its a great game all around imo, Doesn't feel "Rushed" to me as some people say it is.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • I personally like Sinnoh. I've always felt like it has a slightly different flair to it, especially where weather and overall feel is. I like the changes in climate (snowy weather ftw!), the mythos, a bunch of the Generation IV Pokemon....

I even like a couple of the evolutions introduced in DPPt. Gallade was an excellent addition, as is Magmortar (c'mon, friggen massive canons. For arms. Really, who doesn't like canons? I shush I know it looks like a red/orange/yellow duck. The whole evolution LINE looks like a duck. Geeze!) Mismagius was a good choice for an evolution too...

Was it all rushed? Really... I kind of doubt it. LG and FR came out in 2004, right? Three years later, Diamond and Pearl came out. Before those, GCS came out in.... 2001, for us Americans? Those are fair enough time gaps for game development, and look! There's a 2/3 year gap between DPPt and HGSS. HG and SS, from what I've seen, certainly don't look rushed...

It might be a bandwagon thing, but to be honest... each to his own opinion. I don't feel like Sinnoh was rushed. It just has a different flaire to it and a bunch of new Pokemon (Y'know, like what happens in every new region/generation).

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • I personally like Sinnoh. I've always felt like it has a slightly different flair to it, especially where weather and overall feel is. I like the changes in climate (snowy weather ftw!), the mythos, a bunch of the Generation IV Pokemon....

I even like a couple of the evolutions introduced in DPPt. Gallade was an excellent addition, as is Magmortar (c'mon, friggen massive canons. For arms. Really, who doesn't like canons? I shush I know it looks like a red/orange/yellow duck. The whole evolution LINE looks like a duck. Geeze!) Mismagius was a good choice for an evolution too...

Was it all rushed? Really... I kind of doubt it. LG and FR came out in 2004, right? Three years later, Diamond and Pearl came out. Before those, GCS came out in.... 2001, for us Americans? Those are fair enough time gaps for game development, and look! There's a 2/3 year gap between DPPt and HGSS. HG and SS, from what I've seen, certainly don't look rushed...

It might be a bandwagon thing, but to be honest... each to his own opinion. I don't feel like Sinnoh was rushed. It just has a different flaire to it and a bunch of new Pokemon (Y'know, like what happens in every new region/generation).
    I agree with what you have stated, and I just noticed from what you said that every 3 years we get a new generation lol.
    I mean yeah it they were pumping the games out once a year then yes they would be rushed and alot worse, but 3year gap in release dates, for the English versions isn't bad.

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • hmmmm. if i remember correctly, i think there is about a 2-3 year gap between each release. Not rushed IMO.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Wow, where have you guys been. I been feeling like the only one raising the Sinnoh Flag xD

I like your points DGexe, the time gaps between games are quite long so none of them could possibly be rushed. I'm yet to see anyone answering my question yet, I smell bandwagon... ^_^

Years
  • I wouldn't necessarily say rushed, but it doesn't feel quite as good as the others. Of course, the storyline that is used in the games DOES get kind of old, but I still believe they could of done better.

Years
  • According to Masuda, each Pokemon takes 6 months to a year to create, so they definitely weren't "rushed"; unless you want to go ahead and say he was lying. I'm to lazy to grab the source, but I'll try to do some searching if anyone wants me to prove it.

Many people say that Sinnoh and Hoenn are to be hated, and Johto is to be praised, because there was nothing wrong with almighty Johto. :/

Don't get angry if someone bashes your favorite gen, it happens. Everyone has their own opinions.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    According to Masuda, each Pokemon takes 6 months to a year to create, so they definitely weren't "rushed"; unless you want to go ahead and say he was lying. I'm to lazy to grab the source, but I'll try to do some searching if anyone wants me to prove it.

Many people say that Sinnoh and Hoenn are to be hated, and Johto is to be praised, because there was nothing wrong with almighty Johto. :/

Don't get angry if someone bashes your favorite gen, it happens. Everyone has their own opinions.

Johto DOES need to be praised. Look at everything it introduced. Also the pokemon, save dunsparce, were all beautifully designed. Sinnoh pokemon couldn't hold a candle to Johto poke's. In fact the pre-evos and evos of previous gens are the only ones that deserve praise. Even the starters were lackluster...

Years
  • Johto DOES need to be praised. Look at everything it introduced. Also the pokemon, save dunsparce, were all beautifully designed. Sinnoh pokemon couldn't hold a candle to Johto poke's. In fact the pre-evos and evos of previous gens are the only ones that deserve praise. Even the starters were lackluster...
    As much as I agree that it Game Freak did nothing more than take the objects in a pool toy catalog and give them eyes, Johto does not deserve all this high praise. Johto was not the only region that introduce great things. In fact, Pokemon games get better and better each generation.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I found all the games fun. Personally, while I don't feel that Gen IV was "rushed," most of its Pokémon designs were rather lackluster compared to previous generations. In my opinion, Gen III was the peak of design. From the starters to the legendaries, none of the designs made me want to puke. xD Of course, this is all subjective, but, seriously; were Probopass and Lickilicky really necessary?But anyway, by the looks of Zoroark, Gen V looks promising.

Pokémon designs aside, I think Gen IV was the best gameplay-wise. There was a lot to do, and post-E4 did not fail to deliver (at least in Platinum).

And graphically, I enjoyed it the most as well. (60 FPS would've been nice, but how much can you ask from a handheld rendering 3D graphics?)

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I don't think that Sinnoh was rush, personally the best pokemon game is GSC, next is DPPt, next RBY and the worst (for my little and humble opinnion) is RSE but i've played all of the pkmn games and i enjoy all of it =)
    OK, Magmortar and others looks weird, is that what you think? simply don't train this pokemon, period. I can't understand why people like a lot Swampert, he looks soooo weird to me jaja but come on, we have 490 pkmns to pick up our favorites. I think that the 3 years gap is fine, i don't want to wait 10 years to play next Pokemon game.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I actually enjoyed Sinnoh. I never really played any 3rd Generation games but Sinnoh was pretty good to me. There were lots of innovations with the touch screen and everything. Plus the added Wifi was a bonus, getting rid of the need for link cables and what not. I don't feel it was rushed, and a lot of my favorite Pokemon were created in the 4th generation games.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I don't feel it was, "rushed," but it just didn't seem to have the same appeal as others had. I felt it was an okay region but doesn't compare to others. It's fun sure but (pardon the Johto reference,) compared to regions like Johto, it just does not compare. It wasn't rushed I mean obviously a lit of work was put into it but the final design doesn't seem to amaze as others did.

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    I think that the reason Johto is praised so highly is because it was the first modern Pokemon game to come out. I mean, c'mon, as much fun as Gen I was, it had some SERIOUS programing problems. If any of them felt rushed and weak it was Gen I. Gen II was after they had worked the kinks out of the game and offered us a solid title full of new things; to me, Gen II was the first REAL Pokemon game.

The reason that Gen IV doesn't feel like an amazing magical Pokemon adventure is because we are all older now. I'm 23 now. Believe me, at 13 and having played a game as bad as Gen I, Gen II was amazing what with all of the new features. Time suddenly mattered, old pokes got evolutions, I got my first Houndour, there was breeding to be done; so many things.

I cannot speak for Gen III because I got out of Pokemon when it came around, so I never played it. As an adult just getting back into the game, yeah, Platinum was a great romp through my childhood. Don't ask me to remember any of the new monsters besides my Drifblim and Cacturne, and don't ask me to remember any of the town names or gym leaders. That isn't because Johto was better so I remembered more, Johto was ten years ago and I didn't have a job and a wife and bills and my own place, so of course nothing in a video game is going to be as memorable.

Please remember that most of you aren't teenagers anymore, so of course the game is going to lose some of its magic. Just stop complaining and saying that it was "rushed" and assume that you can do a better job than the professionals that actually spend their lives making these games for your money; I'm pretty sure that they know more about it than you do. And if it really is sloppy work, you try making original monsters after having already made almost 500 of the little squirts. Either way they're still getting their money and you're having fun, so what is there to complain about?

Thank you.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I think that the reason Johto is praised so highly is because it was the first modern Pokemon game to come out. I mean, c'mon, as much fun as Gen I was, it had some SERIOUS programing problems. If any of them felt rushed and weak it was Gen I. Gen II was after they had worked the kinks out of the game and offered us a solid title full of new things; to me, Gen II was the first REAL Pokemon game.

The reason that Gen IV doesn't feel like an amazing magical Pokemon adventure is because we are all older now. I'm 23 now. Believe me, at 13 and having played a game as bad as Gen I, Gen II was amazing what with all of the new features. Time suddenly mattered, old pokes got evolutions, I got my first Houndour, there was breeding to be done; so many things.

I cannot speak for Gen III because I got out of Pokemon when it came around, so I never played it. As an adult just getting back into the game, yeah, Platinum was a great romp through my childhood. Don't ask me to remember any of the new monsters besides my Drifblim and Cacturne, and don't ask me to remember any of the town names or gym leaders. That isn't because Johto was better so I remembered more, Johto was ten years ago and I didn't have a job and a wife and bills and my own place, so of course nothing in a video game is going to be as memorable.

Please remember that most of you aren't teenagers anymore, so of course the game is going to lose some of its magic. Just stop complaining and saying that it was "rushed" and assume that you can do a better job than the professionals that actually spend their lives making these games for your money; I'm pretty sure that they know more about it than you do. And if it really is sloppy work, you try making original monsters after having already made almost 500 of the little squirts. Either way they're still getting their money and you're having fun, so what is there to complain about?

Thank you.

well i'm 24 years old and i'm still have a great fun with the videogames, i think that if you really like something, you're gonna put in your life forever so yes i'm almost finish school, yes i've a girlfriend, yes i have to work, i have to pay mi bills because i'm studying out of my home, and yes i'm still playing the videogames like in the old times.
    A real videogamer not die when he grows old, it evolve into a experienced player...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • It didnt feel rush, but there is always room for improvement. I strongly feel that buneary could have a 2nd type. It does have an appeal to me unlike what others said. Sinnoh had adventure, thats what counts

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Sinnoh wasn't rushed. EVERY generation (even almighty Johto) has had Pokemon designs that I've liked, and ones that I've hated. The designers obviously can't satisfy 100% of the fans 100% of the time.

As for the region itself: I've probably got my rose-colored glasses on, but Sinnoh was a breath of fresh air after having to go through Hoenn. The number of water routes was actually reasonable and they didn't stick towns in oddball locations like on top of trees or inside craters. I played through Crystal last summer and I don't recall the region to be that memorable (okay, but nothing really stood out).

Back