• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How were we created?

How do you think we were created?

• Total voters

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Well the "Ignorant scientist" have microscopes and DNA, take that religion

Big Bang.

And by my faith, God is absolute. And if God is absolute than those "ignorant men" had God on their side.

Good gracious though. How immature can you get, really? "Take that, religion." because scientists have "microscopes and DNA."? You are taking an entire discussion on how we've come to exist and turned it into a schoolyard topic.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Well the "Ignorant scientist" have microscopes and DNA, take that religion

Big Bang.
    Yes, though, we have no evidence of the Big Bang. All it is is a theory, nothing to back it up, just a small bit of science.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I can't wait for the next big scientific fad on how we were created. Right now it's the big bang. But as soon as some self appointed genius comes up with something better, that'll catch on.

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
    Years
    God, without any doubt. Scientific things, and the big bang were all created by God.
    I'm not saying that God sent a human and then on and on, I'm saying that God made this system where God's plan will finally bloom by themselves, meaning Big Bang was something that God made too.

You just can't answer everything with logic. Try it.
    Why did big bang have to happen? Cause god wanted to.

Big bang was thought to be an accident of some kind, isn't it? So you also think this world, with plants and trees containing life, birds, all animals,cars on the road, bacteria, the people around you, the computer which you're using, and even you - a human, all of these are accidents?

Science will never be able to prove everything, cause science can only prove things with logic. And seemingly God made logic, and while making this logic implant in everything, God also wanted some things to not contain any logic. So, how can science prove those thing which were meant to not have any logic?

I agree with you.

True, I am passionate about Space Science or Spaceology..?

Anyways, God let the big bang happen. The big bang, alone, wouldn't make sense. I mean, what caused it?

God.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Yeah, plus humans have been studying religion for years and years, and the Big Bang was only worshiped for a few years.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I agree with you.

True, I am passionate about Space Science or Spaceology..?

Anyways, God let the big bang happen. The big bang, alone, wouldn't make sense. I mean, what caused it?

God.

Agreed.

And there's something I have to point out here real quick. I find it odd that aside from one user, who I won't name, the religious faction of this website seem to be all courteous and accepting in others beliefs. Whereas the nonreligious faction seem hellbent on trying to tell the religious faction they are wrong.

Odd, no?

Edit:

AND THANK YOU FOR THE NEGATIVE REP. I'M GLAD YOU ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO ACCEPT OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Okay guys, we all love Religion VS Science threads, but not to the extreme of disrespecting people. Angela, your posts were very rude. Jasonresno, your post offended me a lot, as an atheist and scientific follower. Wolflare, please remember than theory is the highest level of security a scientific claim can get.

And please, don't start bashing every other's beliefs, even if they are completely wrong from your viewpoint. God wouldn't like that.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Agreed.

And there's something I have to point out here real quick. I find it odd that aside from one user, who I won't name, the religious faction of this website seem to be all courteous and accepting in others beliefs. Whereas the nonreligious faction seem hellbent on trying to tell the religious faction they are wrong.

Odd, no?

Edit:

AND THANK YOU ANGELA FOR THE NEGATIVE REP. I'M GLAD YOU ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO ACCEPT OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS.
    Agreed. I fully agree with you! :3 Everyone should be considerate of other opinions!

Edit: I will stop, I just wanted to state that people should be considerate of other opinions.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Okay guys, we all love Religion VS Science threads, but not to the extreme of disrespecting people. Angela, your posts were very rude. Jasonresno, your post offended me a lot, as an atheist and scientific follower. Wolflare, please remember than theory is the highest level of security a scientific claim can get.

And please, don't start bashing every other's beliefs, even if they are completely wrong from your viewpoint. God wouldn't like that.

My post offended you. So you gave me a negative rep for it? My post WASN'T offensive towards science. You just didn't agree with me.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Yes, though, we have no evidence of the Big Bang. All it is is a theory, nothing to back it up, just a small bit of science.
    That's why they made the "Dooms day machine" that was suppose to kill us all lol.

@jasonresno:

So your saying because you have faith then I'm forced to believe that God exists, that just won't cut it for me, well how lucky can those ignorant men get, they have the figment of your imagination on their side, wow.

And it wont make God any more real just because you say he is, at least the Big bang theory is called a theory, if it were up to me I would call Christianity the God theory.

I don't see the Christians building a dooms day machine to investigate this.

Edit:
    I didn't give you any negative rep O.o

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    I don't know. I would say God I guess, since I'm like sorta-kinda-not really Christian. It seems weird that an explosion can cause things to form since it's usually well, the opposite. It's hard for me to say how we were created because practically none of the theories given about this subject can be proven, but whatever. I don't really question how we got here. I just hope I live a good life.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    Neither religion or Big Bang can be proved, as nothing would have been in the beginning, (what caused the Big Bang, what caused that, etc...) and, if God exists, who made God? Neither can be proved, so it is down to opinion. I suppose I would say... Well...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    That's why they made the "Dooms day machine" that was suppose to kill us all lol.

@jasonresno:

So your saying because you have faith then I'm forced to believe that God exists, that just won't cut it for me, well how lucky can those ignorant men get, they have the figment of your imagination on their side, wow.

And it wont make God any more real just because you say he is, at least the Big bang theory is called a theory, if it were up to me I would call Christianity the God theory.

I don't see the Christians building a dooms day machine to investigate this.
    I'm withdrawing from this argument. You are not mature and sound enough to have a debate as big as creation with. I never forced you to believe anything only to be open and congenial towards other people.

Edit: Holy Crap, the negative reps come raining down on me. So much for you open minded people, huh?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Big Bang happened. God didn't make the 'Big Bang'. Before the Big Bang, scientists suggest that all there was, was a tiny bubble of nothingness when all of a sudden exploded - a.k.a. the Big Bang.

After the Bang, it created the most common gases in the universe - Plasma, Water, Oxygen, and Carbon Dioxide (I believe?). When you mix these substances together they create a lot of different objects and things. Mix the right amount, you get life. Life then evolves and thats where we humans began.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Big Bang happened. God didn't make the 'Big Bang'. Before the Big Bang, scientists suggest that all there was, was a tiny bubble of nothingness when all of a sudden exploded - a.k.a. the Big Bang.

After the Bang, it created the most common gases in the universe - Plasma, Water, Oxygen, and Carbon Dioxide (I believe?). When you mix these substances together they create a lot of different objects and things. Mix the right amount, you get life. Life then evolves and thats where we humans began.

That's all well and good. But how did the Big Bang happened? You can't just say "out of nowhere a ball of nothingness suddenly exploded and caused life as we know it." Because that has the same flaw as God, to some people.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I figure there's no way to really prove it, so why bother dwelling on it? Just believe in what you believe, since it can't be proved false nor correct. It's when mindless arguments over the issue come about over something that can't be proved, is there an issue.

Years
    By saying that the Bible is proof enough, are you by inference saying that the Śruti of Hinduism, the Guru Granth Sahib of Sikhism and every other piece of religious scripture that offers a differing view of the creation of the world is not proof enough for their respective God/s? Because if we look at the evidence for the text of the Bible one would probably find that we have just as much proof for that as we do Dianetics.

As for myself, I like what the Buddha says in the Anguttara Nikaya:

"Conjecture about [the origin of] the world is an unconjecturable that is not to be conjectured about, that would bring madness & vexation to anyone who conjectured about it."

I'm not a Buddhist myself, but I do think that debates about the creation of the universe has little relevance to faith. To try and explain how the universe came into being is attempting the impossible, and an explanation has little sway. To quote Aquinas: "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." Quibbling over religion - insisting that one's own view is correct while those who offer opposing beliefs are incorrect - is ridiculous, and goes against the idea of tolerance to others that is taught by most religions.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I figure there's no way to really prove it, so why bother dwelling on it? Just believe in what you believe, since it can't be proved false nor correct. It's when mindless arguments over the issue come about over something that can't be proved, is there an issue.

I agree. But I think posting immature remarks and giving negative reputations proves that people can't handle being that open-minded.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years

Magnifico!

My thought written on right there, you know we humans are powered by various chemicals from the chemical table, I'm majoring in nature science, so I really can't debate on this unless using Icelandic (Don't know the English words),

Like we're powered by electricity which is powered by chemicals that were made in the big bang.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Magnifico!

My thought written on right there, you know we humans are powered by various chemicals from the chemical table, I'm majoring in nature science, so I really can't debate on this unless using Icelandic (Don't know the English words),

Like we're powered by electricity which is powered by chemicals that were made in the big bang.

Not to beat a dead horse. But what initiated the Big Bang? What caused something out of nothing?

edit: You are majoring in something when you're 16 years old?

Back