• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How will mega evolutions work in the anime?

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
  • I'm not sure if you guys have seen this, but for Pokemon XY games they have revealed that each pokemon will have a "mega" evolution that only takes place during battle. Personally, I think they look stupid and the idea is dumb, but there's no doubt that they will most likely make an appearance in the anime. So how do you think it will work? Will Ash use it on some of his pokemon?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I don't think they will be featured in the anime a whole lot, maybe later in the series when Team Rocket or Flare will attempt to do something evil. I'm hoping that the Megalutions will inspire Ash to evolve his Pokémon more often than he does now, but I have my doubts.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Based on that list that was posted at the XY Rumors thread, my guess is that this the real reason why they brought back Ash's Charizard to the anime, because he's rumored to get a Mega Evolution, and Ash will use it on him all the time, by the time he gets a Mega Stone of course. However, said list also included Heracross, which Ash also owns, so I don't know they'll do, though Blaziken's Mega Evolution could hint May's possible return.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    i agree mega evolution is the first big mistake x/y have made its a dumb idea and they haven't even changed them much. but how they will work in the anime i think they will just evolve in battle when its about to faint then it will change into a mega evolution kick some ass then change back.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Mega Mewtwo has already been featured in the previous movie and one episode. You can watch the episode online somewhere to get an idea on how it will work.

The episode name is Mewtwo: The Prologue to its Awakening However it is only in Jap. I do not know if there is a Sub or not.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Based on that list that was posted at the XY Rumors thread, my guess is that this the real reason why they brought back Ash's Charizard to the anime, because he's rumored to get a Mega Evolution,
    Implying Charizard stays...

Anyways... it's pretty obvious how they'll be handled... I mean... we have already seen it.
    In trailers for the new movie. Because we now know that Mewtwo from movie is Mega Mewtwo.
    So the same principle will be used.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Implying Charizard stays...

Anyways... it's pretty obvious how they'll be handled... I mean... we have already seen it.
    In trailers for the new movie. Because we now know that Mewtwo from movie is Mega Mewtwo.
    So the same principle will be used.

Honestly I'm hoping for somekinda magic girl transformation for some. Add a little more flair to the transformations. XD

Something similar to Meloetta's transformation since your signature reminded me of her's.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Honestly I'm hoping for somekinda magic girl transformation for some. Add a little more flair to the transformations. XD

Something similar to Meloetta's transformation since your signature reminded me of her's.
    While that would be cool... I don't think it will be done...
    Too much work for the animators =D

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • Honestly I'm hoping for somekinda magic girl transformation for some. Add a little more flair to the transformations. XD

I too hope for the "magical girl" style transformation sequences.
    Kinda sorta like the one in your sig!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    my guess is that this the real reason why they brought back Ash's Charizard to the anime, because he's rumored to get a Mega Evolution
    It all makes sense now! Haha I believe in this :) It would be pretty cool to see May return for a while too, I guess. Even if it's only to show off Blaziken's Mega form.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Lets see ,
    Lucario megevolve tooooooooooooo Mega Lucario
    Just kidding !
    But I will like If Ash hold Mega stone & it turn into light and fuse will Pokemon which cause them to Megevolve !
    Unless there is a way to attach a Mega Stone to a Pokemon in Anime !

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Actually, in the new trailer for that anime special, The Origin, doesn't it look at the end like Red is holding onto something that shines? And when it flashes up, it kind of has the same shape as the thing that glows above Mewtwo's head in a game clip from where it evolves into its Mega form. Maybe that's how it's done. Or maybe I'm seeing things, haha.

Years

I'd like to see a magical-girl vibe to some Mega-Evolutions, like how Meloetta changes forms in the anime. Although I could see loads of possibilities as to how they'll execute it in the anime. Otherwise it could be done like Mega Mewtwo in the Genesect movie.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Lets see ,
    Lucario megevolve tooooooooooooo Mega Lucario
    Just kidding !
    But I will like If Ash hold Mega stone & it turn into light and fuse will Pokemon which cause them to Megevolve !
    Unless there is a way to attach a Mega Stone to a Pokemon in Anime !
    Satoshi would have to finally get Lucario for Lucario to appear as mega evolution in anime =)

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • I think all pokemon in the anime will mega evolve by themselves.
    I believe mewtwo also does it without a stone in the movie. but i haven't seen the movie yet so i'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, no matter how they mega evolve. i hope they won't over use it. I think its best if it just happens when a pokemon is in a really tight spot and it is about to lose. kind of like Infernape's blaze

KinKage

Golden Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Imho, Mega evos should stay put in games and not in the anime. I understand the meta world out there and how people are obsessed and very competitive so Pokemon introduced this for more $$$.. and this is a kids show so.. this plan will work perfectly since there are so many kids that love the designs, but this honestly, this completely ruins the very definition of Pokemon. Megas are for DIGIMON not POKEMON. I raged when I saw this. They're just milking out all the money they can make at this point. They don't care about the whole Pokemon idea at all anymore. (oh wait I think I'm late on that) my bad .

Back