• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How would Wally train his Ralts if it only knew Growl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    A better question would be: How does he get to Verdanturf?Over Ocean: Don't think so.Through Rusturf Tunnel: Blocked off.Through to Fallabor and so on: With that Level a Ralts?
    I'd think he got there with the help of his Uncle - after all, they all made a big point about him leaving the house by himself, which suggests that he went there with his uncle (which makes sense given he was 'frail' and all at that point). So his uncle could have taken him there, maybe by a surfing Pokemon he had...

...which is another possible explanation for how the Ralts levelled up with no attacking moves - double battles with his uncle's Pokemon, with the latter actually doing the KO-ing. Eitheer that or his uncle had a spare Magikarp for Ralts to play with.

Tombstone975

The grass is always greener.
    Years
    I'd think he got there with the help of his Uncle - after all, they all made a big point about him leaving the house by himself, which suggests that he went there with his uncle (which makes sense given he was 'frail' and all at that point). So his uncle could have taken him there, maybe by a surfing Pokemon he had...

...which is another possible explanation for how the Ralts levelled up with no attacking moves - double battles with his uncle's Pokemon, with the latter actually doing the KO-ing. Eitheer that or his uncle had a spare Magikarp for Ralts to play with.
    Ralts dose get some moves at lv 6 so he could of taken the same route and beaten both gyms.

pkmn mstr ketz

i love you too
    Years
    if wally has two pokemon on the second encounter maybe he kept switching pokemon until the ralts learns some decent move, or struggling against magikarp, and using potions.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    He traveled with his Uncle to Vendanturf Town, then he left Ralts at the Daycare center till it learned how to use an offensive move

Years
    He gave Norman an empty Poke Ball, keeping the Zigzagoon.
    Wally knew he'd be long gone by the time Norman noticed.
    Not like Zigzagoon are rare...

And Rare Candy is a low level Pickup item (Ruby/Sapphire)

Years
    The Ralts had been bred and knew confusion when it hatched. It escaped from the breeding facility and eventually was caught by Wally. :P

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
    He bought an Action Replay and cheated himself a rare candy or two. He's like Gary who magically evolves his Pokemon levels BEFORE we can.

Rivals cheat, that's the story.

Mightyena88

Fan of Pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    When he catches his Ralts, it's a level 3, right? Something like that. Anyway, I remember, I went out and stumbled across a Ralts of that level (I remember thinking what a coincidence it was) and all it knew was Growl. So how does Wally train his Ralts if it only knows Growl?? I know some people will say, "It's a game, who cares", but I think it's a bit of game flaw. Suggestions on how he could have done it, anyone?
    wat i tink "computers" are capable of "instantly training" their pkmn coz its already programmed in da game. whereas for us nt tt possible to train ralts at lvl 3 wif move growl. my way to train it is to just try my luck throw pokeball at any lvl 5 or 6 pkmn tt has an atk move.

next i place ralts first position and switch it to my second pkmn for back up. it's a slow process.

wat i tink "computers" are capable of "instantly training" their pkmn coz its already programmed in da game. whereas for us nt tt possible to train ralts at lvl 3 wif move growl. my way to train it is to just try my luck throw pokeball at any lvl 5 or 6 pkmn tt has an atk move.

next i place ralts first position and switch it to my second pkmn for back up. it's a slow process.
    i've also encountered evolved pidgeotto tt is below it's evolution level. tt's my first encounter in my first poke game yellow version. i also encounter a lvl 100 mewtwo, muk(which is a crap from blue and red version.)

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    He probably used the Day Care :\
    Or his uncle could have gave him a rare Candy or two maybe :\
    There are so many possibilities! XD
    He could have caught a Pokemon early on, used it to train his Ralts then released it :\ Or kept it :\

XaRhS

He simply wouldn't be able to. He needs attacking moves, right? The only solution is struggle, and i guess he would run out of HP's quickly. So no...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    Two rare candies to level 6 when it learns confusion, then manual training from there.
    And it's level 4, not level 3

Answer

S1d8pink

shaymin fan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    he could have caught another stronger pokemon then do the thing where ralts goes first then u swich out and your other pokemon wins they both get exp

Shardwire

I eated your cookie.
    Years
    I think he just used 15,000 Rare Candies.

That little migit could never train it into Gardivior.

Either that or he used a TM like Psychic.

Years
    Well, there's always this theory: Growl is annoying and pointless, right? Make Ralts do that AT LEAST 5 times, and the othe Pokemon simply gives up and commits suicide. And there we have it, fainted Pokemon, EXP given to Ralts.

Simples.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back