• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you ask someone out?

Lucid

That's odd. Maybe you just weren't being creepy enough. There's also a slight sense of desperate that needs to go along with the creepiness for it to really start working its magic.

My midlife crisis is gonna be creepy as hell then.

Years
    I talk to them for, like, an hour or less. Then, ask her out. But I dunno exactly if it will work.

Lucid

....Saying that mostly because a lot of girls I know find tall guys attractive. :( I like the shorter ones!

Got a huge thing for Johnny Galecki. I've never dated anyone over 5'7", just how it panned out.

Lucid

Does it matter to you where you're asked out? Like I've always wondered...like say you weren't taken, and someone wanted to take you on a date, but it was like, to like a McDonald's or Wendys or something, because they wanted to do it on a budget. Would you take it?

It'd have to do with the person and how well you knew them I think... that'd depend. Some people can be butts and get offended about being taken to a cheap place if you clearly indicated it's a date, student or not, some expect the bank to be broken, feel em out.

Lucid

That's the thing though. :< I feel where you ask the person out would have kind of an (in)direct impact on the date overall so I feel you'd have to go the extra mile and take them to somewhere expensive and nice-looking for a better date.

But, that could be looking at things in a rather narrow way.

If they truly enjoy you and your company, it won't matter where you guys go. If it's somewhere casual and you just don't click, you can play it off though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I was about to say I've never asked anyone, but now I realize I have initiated plans to go out with someone. I usually just say "we should go out sometime." or "want to go out sometime?" Lol my experience with dating has been, it's not nearly as exciting as I hoped it would be

Yukari

I've only ever asked anybody out once. I just asked if she wanted to go on a date.

...Never done it again.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Every time I've asked a chick out we've already done stuff together. I mean I don't really worry about it man, I'll ask if she wants to go do something and just see where it takes us. I donnu I don't really do labels. It is what it is yaknow

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Also, I have a question:

Does it matter to you where you're asked out? Like I've always wondered...like say you weren't taken, and someone wanted to take you on a date, but it was like, to like a McDonald's or Wendys or something, because they wanted to do it on a budget. Would you take it?

If I like the person, I wouldn't mind doing that, but I wouldn't want to do that for someone that I was asking out on a date.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Well, on one of the dates I've been in the past, I went to Carl's Jr. I mean, I don't mind the location, what really matters the most is the interaction. i'm weird ok

But quite honestly I actually prefer coffee shop dates. :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'd wait to be asked out or arrange something if someone wants to ask me. I don't ask people out.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Oh yeah I always get told to wait, but no one ever asks me out, ever.
    I personally haven't been on a date since last October and the guy ran away. He arranged just about everything lmao. I'm sorry you've been through that though.

Years
    I hate ambiguity and value being asked out or asking someone out rather out right.
    The whole, "maybe we should hang out sometime" bit is something I would see as a turn off, honestly. Not sure if it is a friendship, hookup, or friends with benefit situation if we are to just hang out.

First, I figure out which kinds of foods he likes, and lead in with, "can I take you to dinner? I know a good [sushi/Italian/Mexican] place."
    Also, if you're gonna ask someone out, have something in mind, whether it's coffee, dinner, or a concert, don't just ask someone out but then not have anything in mind.

Years
    I've only ever really asked out one guy, I was in a cocktail bar with a few friends and I stupidly said the guy stood at the bar was cute so I got egged on to asking him out.
    I walked up to the bar and said hi as I waited for the bar guy to serve me so I started some small talk. "Do you come here often?" "Who are you here with?" etc. Turns out he's waiting for his friend who works in the food place upstairs, so I offer to buy him a drink. He's not an idiot and realises what I'm doing straight away and tells me he's not gay but wouldn't say no to another drink. I buy him one anyway and talk until his friend turns out. He was actually a pretty cool guy.

TL;DR "Hey, can I get you a drink?"

Back