• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you ask someone out?

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    gonna reiterate everything else in the thread and tell you to ask them 'wanna do something later' or something or 'can I have your number' or something. I can say it's not as hard as you think it is, but it is, so I'm not sure why I'd sugarcoat, you feel. it's a Stressful Thing, at least for me it is: it's not even a fear of rejection, I don't know what it is. yeah. I've done it, it's always worth it even if you get rejected because that's another notch under your belt.

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    I honestly just tell them that I'm really attracted to them. Then they say thank you, and all that..Then we start conversation and such..And slightly later on, I tell them I have a crush on them. After that, the guy pretty much asks me out and I say sure.

So it's like, I give them a hint..Talk a little..Give them a bigger hint, and that's pretty much it.

..that's not how I met my current boyfriend though - But, that has happened before, lol..

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Does it matter to you where you're asked out? Like I've always wondered...like say you weren't taken, and someone wanted to take you on a date, but it was like, to like a McDonald's or Wendys or something, because they wanted to do it on a budget. Would you take it?
    All I've been on have been "cheap dates." For my last foray into relationships, we went fishing and then ate at Taco Bell for our first date. Second date was just driving around to various places and then ice cream at McDonald's.

To me, it's more important to spend time with the person. If you care about someone (whether in a dating relationship or a friendship), it shouldn't matter how much money is spent while spending time together. It's more of a matter of being together and making memories, enjoying each other's company.

As for asking people out, I don't have any experiences doing that (because of the whole disinterest in relationships thing), but I do think a more straight-forward way should be followed. The whole "let's hang out maybe?" is just awkward and confusing to everyone involved. It's better to ask "Let's head out to this place at this time so we can talk more" kind of thing.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    never asked someone out, if i did i'd probably ask him to the movies. if he brung the bros or couldn't come and didn't bother to reschedule i guess that would be a sign? idk. i don't like being rejected so i'd rather keep my feelings to myself. tbh i think the best way you can ask someone out is to say "be my girlfriend". it's straightforward and cute

Back