• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HUGE ENOURMOUS sigs.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Theres a signature limit size, and if its over that then it will be deleted, report signatures that are to long, but some people just have alot of banners in theres.

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    QuickDude said:
    some people have sigs that are just massive, and take up a whole page! I ust wanted to say this, so that maybe the admins can limit sig size, like on most other websites.

just my 2 cents.
    How can some of the admins/mods limit sig sizes when their own signatures are massive? =)

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • I've seen sigs that scroll over more than two pages, yet remain within the limits, so saying "It'll be dealt with if it's over the limit" doesn't work.

*poke* How about an automatic limiter, like mForums has? I set the signature box to 500x250 - if the signature goes beyond that, it'll have scroll bars forced around it.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Try not to make it over a page people. o.O; If it takes up the whole screen, it *will* get edited w/o a warning.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:
    Try not to make it over a page people. o.O; If it takes up the whole screen, it *will* get edited w/o a warning.
    Funny that you'd say that, 'cause yours takes up 98% of a page. =\

pika2000

Millennium Mouse
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    Digital Phoenix said:
    Funny that you'd say that, 'cause yours takes up 98% of a page. =\
    Yeah, there should be the same rules for staff and members.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Yeah it gets annoying. With like size 100 text sentences like "JOIN MY FORUMS" and "LOL" both as links or something. It can get a bit annoying.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Nine said:
    How can some of the admins/mods limit sig sizes when their own signatures are massive? =)
    This is like the second time you have said that. So I really want to know, who are you talking about.

If you see the sig as really big then just PM a higher Staff member about it and we'll take care of it if needed (I say if needed because like for Ty Miyu's sig takes up 98% of his page. But for me, it's not even half).

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • On this computer, the resolution is 800x600, and quite a lot of people still use that these days, but I use 1280x960 on my computer. (I'm on my mum's now, in case you don't know about what happened to mine.)
    Miyu-chan said:
    I think it's more like 75%, but... ooookay... <<; My signature is within the limit. *points to rules link*
    This is exactly my point, and I thank you for proving it - signatures can be, quite frankly, huge, and not exceed the limit. I saw a signature that took up two pages on my aforementioned 1280x960 screen and still remained within the limit (although that sig has been shortened since).

And I repeat, what about an automatic limiter, similar to what mForums has? I'll use DG's signature as an example:

HUGE ENOURMOUS sigs.

As you can probably see, I put the signature in a table, and added "max-height: 250px" to the style tag. Meaning, if something in the sig attempts to stretch the table beyond 500x250, then it'll be wrapped with scrollbars.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I really do wish we had something like that. That way the members can clearly see their sig is over the limit. We could set the whole sig (images text and everything) to a 500x300 limit. And if the sig is way over the limit then we edit it, no need to add up each image to see what they come out to and so on. Just look at the sig and see it's breaking the sig limit.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • It isn't very hard at all. o_o; Just tack width="500" style="max-height: 300px; overflow: auto" into the div layer surrounding the signatures. I centered mine and added a little design around it (seen above) so it didn't look messy.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Kylie-chan said:
    Because even staff break the rules too. ;P
    Yesh, because they're special. >O *shot*

Teehee, I kid. But I'm pretty sure what Amy meant is similar to what I did (how they're huge, but still within the limits).

Oh, and if you want to force people to keep their signature within 500x300, so that anything above that will be cut off, just change the overflow="auto" to overflow="none". ^_^;

Back