• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I am an eternal flame, baby!" [Steven Universe Fanclub]

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
  • What if Yellow Diamond is part of a triad?
    Spoiler:

-_- How did I not notice that eariler?! I watched that scene like 3000 times! Now I'm certain that Yellow Diamond is part of a triad.

Last edited:
    Years
  • "How did I never see this before! *peers at dollar bill* I know what the diamond means...Polymorphic sentient rocks! They're here to hollow out the Earth! It's part of the great Diamond Authority! They'll take on any form... You can read all about it on my blog!!" xD

Years
  • But yeah, a gem hierarchy is very very believable and I'm quite sold on that possibility. If it's anything I want to see right now, it's homeworld. We've been on Beach City for long enough so it's time we stepped past that border and learned more about their culture and how they co-exist.

FYI if you haven't read it there's an interview with Rebecca Sugar about the Steven Universe Guidebook coming out, and it seems like your wishes would be anwsered.

Rebecca Sugar: There is a lot to the world of the show that is still hidden! The show is all from Steven's point of view, and there's a lot going on on the Gem Homeworld that he doesn't know about at all, and a lot of rules that exist there that the Gems we know don't follow! Amethyst doesn't know a lot of this either, since she was created on Earth. The Guide Book contains everything that Steven knows at the moment, plus a few logistics about his birth that might be a bit outside of what he's been told. Steven's going to learn a lot more soon on the show, about what each of the Crystal Gems are supposed to be… it's very different than the way they've been living on Earth. It is very unusual for Gems like Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl to be living and working together the way they do, almost as unusual as it is for Steven to exist!

Years
  • Yep, I read that, hence why I'm so excited. We need to hit mid-June already for that upcoming SU episode marathon.. you'll be seeing even more of me in this club around then. As if I wasn't here enough. (b'')b

And oh my gosh I didn't notice that either. That just makes me more curious on the diamonds. I'd say I'm surprised I didn't pay attention to that symbol between Garnet and Jasper but knowing my dense-ness it's.. not really anything to be surprised over. x'D

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    This is a bit of a non-sequitur, but I've been wondering about one aspect of the show and I'm curious as to what all of you guys think about it.

What causes a Gem to become corrupted? We've seen Gems with cracked gems, like Lapis and Amethyst, but neither of them were "corrupted" or seemed to be at risk of being corrupted into gem monsters like the Mother Centipeetle. And in the case of the Mother Centipeetle, her gem isn't cracked or damaged in any way, so we can infer that damage isn't what makes a Gem corrupt.

We also know corruption isn't caused by evil intentions, since Jasper and Peridot seem pretty genocidal and are not corrupted. So then, what even is corruption? I can't figure it out. Is it like a mental illness?

DJTiki

Years
  • No idea. The only think I ccan say is that it'll be touched on later. My uneducated guess is that Gems have something that needs to be maintauned regulary, since they have extended lifespans, or borderline immortal. If that thing isn't taken care of, then they end up like the Mother Centipeetle. The Centipeetle was a humainod Gem at first, so it could be something similar.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    This is a bit of a non-sequitur, but I've been wondering about one aspect of the show and I'm curious as to what all of you guys think about it.

What causes a Gem to become corrupted? We've seen Gems with cracked gems, like Lapis and Amethyst, but neither of them were "corrupted" or seemed to be at risk of being corrupted into gem monsters like the Mother Centipeetle. And in the case of the Mother Centipeetle, her gem isn't cracked or damaged in any way, so we can infer that damage isn't what makes a Gem corrupt.

We also know corruption isn't caused by evil intentions, since Jasper and Peridot seem pretty genocidal and are not corrupted. So then, what even is corruption? I can't figure it out. Is it like a mental illness?

I'd say time probably influences corruption.. and another theory I have that I'll explore in a moment.

Lapis was stuck in a mirror, and she didn't stay broken outside of that mirror for very long. It's possible someone put her in that thing to protect her.. but one of the cracks in her gemstone bled out into the mirror. Which means she may have gotten damaged (at least a little) from being inside it.

tumblr_njzeieHJrj1qdi5kdo10_540.png

Okay so back to my theory on corrupted Gems. Putting it simply: I think they're all failed Kindergarten Gems.

Pearl told Amethyst in On the Run that she was "the only good thing to come out of that mess." It's possible they're still cleaning up what Homeworld did to Earth... because there's no possible way those corrupted Gems were already there on the planet to begin with. Their existence has to be blamed on the fact Homeworld invaded Earth.. and well, we have no idea what happened to the thousands of Gems that were cultivated in the Kindergarten. Amethyst mentioned in On the Run that it was bad Gems who came there to make "more bad Gems." All of the monsters we've seen are just that, so maybe the injection from those bacteriophages corrupted them over time.

Rose probably wanted to save them from their corruption, so she made it the Crystal Gem's personal mission to retreat and contain them until they find a way to heal them.

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Okay so back to my theory on corrupted Gems. Putting it simply: I think they're all failed Kindergarten Gems.

Your whole theory makes a lot of sense. Maybe this will tie into whatever dark secret will be revealed in the later episode?

Would this mean that Amethyst is still at risk of being corrupted at some point?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • yee! can now relate :33

Crystal Gem to represent you: Lapis Lazuli :3
    Favorite episode: Alone Together, Island Paradise, Story for Steven
    When did you start watching Steven Universe?: Uhm, technically started somewhere late May, but I watched S1 ep 10 to the recent episode just today... Totally worth it.

And can I just say that I totally ship Steven and Connie hnng I was so bummed when Steven meant that he liked the ending in Open Book... Like I thought he was gonna say he loves her </3 Ruby and Sapphire are also cute <3333 like omg... And I also ship Lars and Sadie, especially that time they kissed OMFG ahh

the fangirl feels hnng

Years
  • yee! can now relate :33

Crystal Gem to represent you: Lapis Lazuli :3
    Favorite episode: Alone Together, Island Paradise, Story for Steven
    When did you start watching Steven Universe?: Uhm, technically started somewhere late May, but I watched S1 ep 10 to the recent episode just today... Totally worth it.

And can I just say that I totally ship Steven and Connie hnng I was so bummed when Steven meant that he liked the ending in Open Book... Like I thought he was gonna say he loves her </3 Ruby and Sapphire are also cute <3333 like omg... And I also ship Lars and Sadie, especially that time they kissed OMFG ahh

the fangirl feels hnng

Lapis isn't a Crystal Gem so you can't choose her to represent you. :( I'm going to edit the first post again to say which gems are Crystal Gems since it seems like some are confused haha sorrryyy. You'll have to go with either Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, Steven, Ruby, Sapphire, or Rose Quartz. BUT WELCOME and yes, Steven and Connie is just an insanely adorable pairing! I'm usually not into shipping but those two are an exception!!

And hey guys, since it seems like people really like the non-Crystal Gems I'm going to start a mini-event of sorts. If you can answer any two of the topic questions in the "chatter" section of the first post you can choose to add either Lapis, Peridot, or Jasper next to your username. The Crystal Gem you chose when signing up will be there too so you'll have two dots which is cool. Get answering? ♥

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    And hey guys, since it seems like people really like the non-Crystal Gems I'm going to start a mini-event of sorts. If you can answer any two of the topic questions in the "chatter" section of the first post you can choose to add either Lapis, Peridot, or Jasper next to your username. The Crystal Gem you chose when signing up will be there too so you'll have two dots which is cool. Get answering? ♥

Oh wow, this is awesome ^__^ I actually kinda wish i could answer all the questions at once..

1. Who is your favorite non-gem character?
    Definitely Connie. Her love of stories, determination, and intelligence are qualities that make her rise far above a stock love interest character, which the writers could easily have made her.
    5. Favorite song from Steven Universe?

I know nobody would ever guess, but it's "Stronger than You." However, I would be remiss not to mention "Love like You - The Ocean Returns" as well. In terms of background music, my favorite track is the nostalgic and sorrowful "I'm Still Here."

Salzorrah

Years
  • Oh, then I'll just take Amethyst then :33

Tbh, I do agree on the whole gem hierarchy thing, I mean majority of homeworld gems might be Rubies and Sapphires, being in the lowest rung, then Pearls might be higher than them, but still in the lower part, after them would be Quartz? And then possibly Lapis, then Peridot and Jasper, and the Diamonds? I mean it would make sense, and considering Garnet is the strongest out of the current Crystal Gems, but conisidering they are a fusion already, they would probably weak when unfused right?

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm not sure how I feel about the theory on Rubies and Sapphires being low on the gem hierarchy, actually. In a way it makes sense, because of what Jasper said to Garnet about "weak Gems", but the thing is that she may not have been referring to Ruby or Sapphire specifically. I think she was merely insulting their desire to fuse.

The reason I say this is because rubies and sapphires are actually corundum, and that's a mineral with a 9 hardness on the MOH scale (right below Diamonds with 10). Then when they fuse, they create the nearly indestructible Garnet, who is never phased by damage and rarely shows physical damage on her body.

Amethyst hit Garnet all over the body and in the face with a bat and she didn't even flinch. Lapis Lazuli sent her flying through the ground with a single punch, and Garnet got up unphased with zero damage showing on her. Then with Jasper, after all that punching and throwing around, only her clothing and shades showed any disruption. She had like one mark from the whole fight and it was on her cheek.

Ruby even punched her jail cell wall backwards and shook the area enough to make Steven fall over. Then Sapphire is clearly the one with Future Vision, and that's an ability I'm positive is either rare or exclusive.

*Theory Ahead* Gonna put under spoilers because this post is already really long.

Spoiler:

Idk, I'm just saying that it all seems a little odd. If they're so weak and low on the hierarchy, what's up with all that?

---------

Greg. Ugh, I have a lot of feelings for this man, seriously. He's so warm, selfless, and just such a genuinely good-hearted character. Greg's definitely the best biological parental figure I've ever seen in a show.

2. Which character do you feel you're most like?
    Ruby. :x Granted we don't know much about her yet.. but judging from what I've seen and from some observations I've made about Garnet, we're really similar. Even in physical appearance we have similarities!

3. Who is your favorite gem overall (not limited to Crystal Gems)?
    ... Ruby. For the above reasons, more reasons, and also because she's super adorable. My second favorite is Garnet, to whom I've dubbed "waifu." :'D

4. Do you draw fanart or write fanfiction of the series? Would you?
    I draw fanart.. and I write theories if that counts. I even roleplay in the SU fandom.

Which song do you honestly think is my favorite? I'll let you have one guess. |D

6. What do you think of Lion, Steven's pet pink lion?
    I love Lion sooo much. I want to see him get more development, because he makes me really curious. There's a really good theory surrounding him too: about how Rose is only half of Steven and how the other half of her Gem became a part of Lion.

The second gemstone I want added to my name is Lapis Lazuli, please. <3

DJTiki

Years
  • Oh, then I'll just take Amethyst then :33

WELCOME, FELLOW AMETHYST ENTHUSIAST!

Connie. For a love interest, she has a lot of depth. She has intelligence, determination, and balances out Steven's weird personality nicely. Almost reminds of Rose to Greg. Connie is the best non-gem. Although, Mayor Dewey is a close second. He's hilarious.

Amethyst. Her upfront and carefree personality already makes her stand out compared to Pearl and Garnet, who seems grounded for the most part. But she doesn't stop there. The reveal that she's a product of the Kindergarten and her inner turmoil brought heeps of depth to her, otherwise, clichéd character traits. And that's the thing: she pulls of the "teasing, difficult, loud-mouthed sister" of the Crystal Gems in such a unique way that you can't help but love her.

I sure as hell will write one. But I'm writing so much already.

Strong In The Real Way and On the Run. Nothing else matters.

I swear Lion's Rose, even if that theory's been debunked by now.

Years
  • Anyone who didn't include it in their post, feel free to PM me with your second gem choice from Lapis, Peridot, and Jasper if you've answered the questions. :3 Or just post whatever you prefer heh heh.

2. Which character do you feel you're most like?
    Definitely Pearl - it's a huge part of why I chose her as my favorite to begin with. Can't even begin to explain how often I hear, "you're such a mom" from the boyfriend as well as other people which.. isn't always good haha (as well as the occasional soccer mom-like behavior). Not out of will but it's almost just how I'm wired and is hard to control. I want everyone I know to eat healthy, do some sort of outdoor activity, and so on. At the same time I've been known to sometimes say things that I realize midway should probably have been worded better. Pearl's, "You're not the mistake. You're just the byproduct of a.. big mistake" line that was so awkward when she realized what she was saying halfway hahaha. Was so easy for me to understand that awkwardness and how the poor thing must've felt. xD;

I don't but probably would! There are so many things you can explore in this vast show and fanfiction is a great way to keep busy while you wait for new episodes or possibly hiatuses like the one we're having right now. As far as fanart goes it's also definitely something I want to try when I'm a little more confident with drawing humanoids. My animal drawing skills are much, much better. Maybe I'll draw the gems in animal form to start myself off. :D? omg ideas are pouring in all of a sudden

Stronger Than You is a given but my favorite is actually Strong in the Real Way. Deedee Magno Hall has a gorgeous singing voice and she did a fantastic job with this one despite how short it was.

Have been wanting to replay Stronger Than You 185637576 times lately, though. I now have background music to listen to while I play. Yay.

peridot here i come

Salzorrah

Years
  • let's go lapis :]

CONNIE <3 For a potential love interest, she doesn't seem dull. Besides, she is fun, and perfect with Steven... I mean, why can they fuse, when it has been unheard of before? HNNNG THE FEELS THE SHIP IS SAILING :]

RUBY AND SAPPHIRE. I know they were like introduced in a short time but they are so adorable :O I ship them soooo hard...

uh no, but I would like to make a fanfic about Steven and Connie <333 Or maybe Lars and Sadie haha :]

I really feel like Rose is Lion, I mean it would make sense, since she gave up her physical form, they didn't say she died, right? Maybe she gets reincarnated into an animal? It would make sense on why inside Lion has a lot of Rose's stuff, how Lion is introduced early in the series, how Pearl didn't know the existence of Lion, how Lion knows so much about Rose, etc etc. But Lion is so cute <33

Detox

1. Who is your favorite non-gem character? I like Sadie a lot. She's one of the most precious characters on the show to me and there isn't really an aspect of her that I dislike. Her crush on Lars is very cute as well.

3. Who is your favorite gem overall (not limited to Crystal Gems)? Garnet. I love Garnet. She is literally perfection. Have you ever looked ad something and thought, "Wow, this is just so perfect, so flawless, we must not taint this precious thing"? If so, then this is Garnet. Garnet is love. Garnet, is, L I F E.

Years
  • Added Lapis for you, Gunner. :) Yay!

And Sadie is very very cute. I feel like she's one of the most "real" characters on the show and I always enjoy watching her interactions with everyone else. Her and Lars make such a bad pair though (at least imo) hahaha. Lars needs a huge slap upside the head.

DJTiki

Years
  • Lars is an asshole, but I like him at the same time. For a very minor character, he always gets development in every episode he takes a leading role in. He's a pretty good minor character. Now... all there's left is a complete backstory on Onion and I can die happy.

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Lars is an asshole, but I like him at the same time. For a very minor character, he always gets development in every episode he takes a leading role in.

You know, I completely disagree with this. I despise Lars as a character, and I feel like he gets the same development in every episode he's in (that he's a jerk who's really insecure deep down). i also don't like Ronaldo after what he did to Steven. I find it interesting that my two least favorite characters used to be friends but had a falling out.

Onion just terrifies me. o_o' He's my dad's favorite minor character, but keep Onion far away from me.

Back