• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am sick of music these days.

Years
  • MarsOperaPhantom said:
    This "community" is run by a bunch of high-handed, judgmental people, and that's fine.
    Now that's a big, big prejudice. But hey, maybe you're right. After all, you're living proof.

And that's the last pointless post I let pass before a warning is issued.

Deleting your posts is not gonna do any good,
    MarsOperaPhantom/a face in the crowd. Don't try to confuse people.

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • The radio station I mainly listen to is 94.5 KOOL FM, a station in Arizona that plays music from the '60s-'80s, because I only like a handful of the songs today and they sometimes aren't on often enough for me. :/

Deleting your posts is not gonna do any good, MarsOperaPhantom/a face in the crowd. Don't try to confuse people.

Boy, that explains a lot.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I heard a slow sad version of...wait for it...I believe in a thing called love. I shizzle you not. Okay, it wasn;t an amazing song to begin with, but its not exactly the sort of thing that suits being played on the acoustic guitar while some guy sings it in a way that makes you want to slap him until hhe shuts up.

Years
  • I can't stand modern radio music, it's god damn awful. There don't have a wide range, they rarely play good music (AC/DC has been played about 3 times in 3 years :()

There's some good local stations with old school rock and metal music. But other than that, radio music is dead to me.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Please note that the following is my personal opinion, but I like my songs with a good balance between great lyrics and a great melody/beat. To be honest, 60's-80's songs on the most part just don't appeal to me due to their generally 'meh' melodies/vocals. And now, music is just too around the catchy melody and beat.. with the exception of rapping. Rapping has no melody, honestly.

My happy medium is the late 80's and 90's period music, but if I can find anything that's a good song today I'll shoot for it. But on the most part, listening to the music on the radio for anything over a two hour time period these days makes me feel depressed. I don't really feel like there's any variety in the popular music of today. I'll be rooting for the rare good artist who can make a nice song, though.

Vie

Years
  • It's called a cover, stealing is illegal. Covering a song is not illegal and the artists usually have permission to do so.
    It's true, a lot of cover songs are not very good. Some can be ok though; Live and Let Die by Guns N' Roses was a pretty good cover imo. Although, I still think the original by Wings is better.

I know what a cover is, but there are people who steal. I just know a example which is famous in this country, a hip hop guy calles bushido stole 2 songs from dimmu borgir. they do black metal.

... lol.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Lots of mainstream music can be very annoying and ridiculous in this day and age, but not all of it is necessarily bad. Plus, there's a lot of good current day music out there that's not featured on radios. All it takes is some searching and you'll find them.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Yes..Because Flo Rida is the only artist around at the moment.

Years
  • Music is like candy, you have to throw away the (w)rappers.
    That was the worse thing I have ever heard.
    I don't listen to that genre of music, but I wouldn't say something like that.

God.
    Even if it was suppose to be a joke, people like that annoy me about the music fan base.
    They just hate anything that isn't of their taste.
    I love metal, but I don't crucify anything that isn't that.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I deleted that post. I might hate a couple of sampling songs and covers but beyond that I dunno. I just can't get used to music these days and all.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • That was the worse thing I have ever heard.
    I don't listen to that genre of music, but I wouldn't say something like that.

God.
    Even if it was suppose to be a joke, people like that annoy me about the music fan base.
    They just hate anything that isn't of their taste.
    I love metal, but I don't crucify anything that isn't that.

It didn't seem to me like he was hating on it. I was under the impression that he was just making a harmless joke. Though I have to say, as a joke it wasn't great XD

Personally, I'm not a fan of very much modern music of any genre. Metal, hip-hop, pop, it all seems very shallow and very similar to me :\ Obviously there are differences between genres, but within genres there always seems to be a lot of similarities between the bands. I do, however, like a few specific songs and for some reason I adore the Killers XD Anything else is just noise.

That's just my opinion, though :D

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • I personally DESPISE rap, country, pop, etc. created in the last 10 years.
    But I'm allowed to, I used to like it when I was, like, 10. :p
    Not to say it's ALL bad, I do like Run DMC (hence why I say in the past 10 years is bad), and also Low is catchy.

Now, I may seem like a bashing metalhead thing, and yea, so I have a hack

*SELF-ADVERTISEMENT! CHECK OUT POKEMON: GOTHIC BLACK!*

that focuses on metal/goth/emo music, but I enjoy all types...as long as it's rock.

And lots of classical stuff. Dvorak's Czeck Suite is AMAZING.
    And opera. Repo! Really made me cry. :)
    And musicals. Sweeney Todd? Phantom of the Opera?

And yea, I stopped listening to the radio about a year or a half ago.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    It sounds like you only hearing American Pop and American Rap (Both of which blow for the most part)

I recommend Alizee (French Pop although she has songs in english)
    Unlike American pop stars like Brittney Spears and many others. Alizee writes her own songs and isn't an attention *****.

https://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=9

Alizee cover of Madonna's La Isla Bonita (1000x times better than the orignal)

https://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=41
    Alizee - Amelle (English Version)

I would link you to german rap but its well a little weird not bad just weird.

Btw this is coming from an american.

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Um yeah. I think music stopped being about the music and more about the popularity in the eighties... which is why I love classic rock (from the 70's) and a lot of metal acts. Metal is probably the only genre that hasn't sold out big time (with of course the exception of hair metal, metallica, slipknot... avenged sevenfold... oh. dammit.)

Still, MOST of metal's music is about the music, not the paparazzi. And unlike most people, I appreicate the massive talent that the instrumentalists in metal (especially death metal) have. Even if I don't like song, I won't flame it if it has amazing instruments.

I still listen to the radio... when I'm in driving or working on the car lol.

Years
  • I'm tired of people making all these assumptions about rap music.
    "Just another black guy tryin to be cool"
    Rap you hear on the radio is different then rap you actually look into.
    The crap they play on the radio is played because its catchy.
    If you actually explored rap you would know they don't always rap about, the money, cars, girls.
    You listen to artists who have accomplished something in their lives and know how stupid it is to just talk about gettin all the dough, like Nas, Jay-Z(" Talkin' bout how I be in the project all day that sounds stupid to me"), and TI, they rap about there lifestyles and how they made it out of the crimes they had to go through.
    Stop being so stereotypical and hate it on it.
    Learn about it first.
    Yes i am a rap fan, that doesn't mean i hate other music.
    I just don't like it as much, i'll listen to some alternative and rock.

Ex Trainer Ruiisu

You Told Me I Was A Monster
    Years
  • In my truly honest opinion.
    Music these days are losing artistic integrity, every one and their mother are making music just to get noticed ( look at solja boi)
    With the dawn of this "digital" age there is barely any music that uses real instruments any more.(this being pop though, back in the day when pop was audible, they actually used guitars, bassess, drums, pianos, etc. now its all samples and a beat machine)
    Hell back then even rap used instruments other than a turn-table and a sample machine. And rap had meaning too then, now its all sex,clothes,cars, and money. Yeah old school rap had this type of theme in them as well but they also had songs with said "meaning."
    All I listen to is rock and SOME rap and I'm picky about the rap that I listen to. Even rock is losing its way when it comes to the artisitic integrity and originality. Nothing is original anymore just look at Coldplays recent "Viva la vive"(not sure if i got the song right?) The musical back score is a rip off of Joe Satriani's "If I Could Fly"
    Then you have cruddy pop bands( this is my opinion) like fall out boy covering michael jackson, the damn great king of pop's, song "beat it" and did a horrible job at it.
    Music is losing its way, its passion, its integrity and I fully agree with the first post when it comes to just listening to older music these days, it just feels natural to me I guess.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
  • Orchestra is the music for me. Also, there are game sountracks that I really like.

Rap, metal, and rock, I hate because of the lyrics and corruption it contains.

If I do hear lyrics in a song I like, I try to ignore the lyrics and focus on the instruments.

Back