• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can speak a lot of languages

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • English is a definite XD I can completely understand tagalog but since I was born here in New Zealand instead of the Philippines where my family is born I'm so used to English I just forget what to say in Tagalog XD

I took a bit of french for 2 years when I was younger but I forgot, same with German. I took Chinese 2 years ago, can't remember much but I can remember a bit but not much
    A little bit of Spanish cause Tagalog and Spanish has some similar words

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I don't know how many times I've replied to a topic like this.

Let's see. English, my native language that started to get poor once I started learning foreign languages.

Spanish. Took it for three years in high school, but all I remember is conjugating verbs. I can pretty much understand any conversation and I'm better at reading it and understanding what it means, but speaking it, no thanks.

Japanese. Took a year of it in college, planning on taking three more years. Also studied it for three years at Kumon Learning Center which was a great head start before learning it at college. Not that great at speaking it (especially when I don't study regularly), but I can write pretty well. Can pretty much understand a conversation now too.

Planning on learning German and Russian down the road.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • My native tongue is Dutch (hah, beat THAT), although i speak English fluently too.
    im sure ill have a bad accent when i'd randomly have to speak to an Englishman tho. XD;

furthermore, i can understand German and French quite well, even though i wouldn't know how to answer quickly. i just can't think of the right words right away.
    too bad i dropped both of them in school..
    i do still have Greek lessons in school, although that is old-Greek, so it doesn't quite correspond to the new-Greek that is actually spoken now. i should be able to understand SOME words though.

as for japanese.. well, i think i'd know enough to start a conversation in any case.
    i'm one to pick up on words really quickly when i hear them in - for example - anime, so thinking of words is not a problem .
    although now its come to the point where i randomly add japanese words in a normal conversation..

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • the standard English, of course, And I'm also fluent in Japanese. (I blame the anime)

i think french is kinda cute.. I may or may not pick up on it.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • English, Dutch, a little bit of Spanish.

Which is nothing, compared to my brother who can speak... Wait for it...

English, Dutch, Spanish (I think...), Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Latin (Well, he can understand it), I think a little bit of Greek, German...

He's MAH ROLE MODEL.

Also, he's really into Asian languages. He learned Japanese for kicks, Chinese because he found it more interesting (He's getting a scholarship for it, and is going into linguistics!), and learned Korean just because his girlfriend was Korean.

Yeah. He loves language, and he's more awesome than most.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • I speak French, 'cuz I am French. xD
    I'm very good in English. (I'm the first of my class in this subject.)
    And I also speak Japanese, I still have a lot to learn, but it's not as if I didn't know anything about the language. C:
    I don't think I want to learn more languages, that's enough for meh. o^o
    Though it's always good to know speaking in several languages.​

Years
  • English, obviously. I also took several years of German during my high school and college days. I wouldn't say I'm any good at the language, though, since I've been out of study for so long. Can't speak it, and I can only pick up a few words these days. :/ It's a pity, I loved learning German.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love, and am super interested in other languages.

Sadly, I fail at French and Spanish so hard.

Other than those, the only one I've tried to learn is Japanese - that one is going good so far.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I think I could speak 2/3? I can speak Filipino, English, and a little bit of Spanish. :P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I live in Madrid, you know, the capital of Spain, and I'm posting on an English forum so it should be pretty obvious XD

I can also survive if I have to speak Catalan, but not for too long I guess XD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm fluent in English of course, speaking and writing, as for Spanish which seems to be my second language I'm only good in writing and understanding it, not all great at speaking it, however I'm sure I will learn over time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm only fluent in English. I took Spanish in high school (and did very well in class) but I've since forgotten much of it. And I've picked up bits and pieces of Japanese from my anime addiction :P

입치트

Light up the night!
    Years
    • Age 13
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I am fluent in English and it is the only language I feel comfortable speaking in. I can write and understand Korean, but I'm too shy to speak it. I am currently learning French.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Wow, this thread makes me feel so inadequate. xD
    I know English and nothing else. I took two years of Italian and one year of Spanish and actually managed to pass, but I don't remember a single bit of it. I know a handful of Italian curses because my family's Italian and you'd have to be deaf not to hear them. I actually want to learn the language very badly, it's just a matter of getting myself to do it.

Oh, and Japanese. I want to learn Japanese just like every other otaku. xD

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I speak English the best as it is my first language. I did learn French about a ages ago for about three years but I really wasn't very good at it despite the fact I got quite high grades in it, I basically hated French for most of the time. I do want to learn Japanese in writing and speaking but I have no real place to start, I do know some of the simple words like baka, geki, ohayo gozaimasu, but eh, that's not a real big achievement.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I can speak 2 languages and a half, half being a little bit of a language. I can speak English fluently, Arabic also very good and bits from Italian. I learned French, German, and Spanish in my school and I never really learned how to speak in them good nor write properly.

Sert908

Hi guys :)
    Years
  • I speak english (obviously) but I'm learning spanish this year, But after this year, i want to see if my school has a japanese class, if so, I would take it.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Super potent doses of English...
    And super incompetent, sporadic and minuscule doses of German, Japanese, Malay, and Chinese. Let's just say I can ask how somebody is in German, I know fanboy Japanese, I can order a meal in Malay and I can tell when somebody's insulting me in Chinese. Blame it on my friends for teaching me how to swear in more than six languages.

Back