• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I don't like you.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    "I don't like you"
    "k"

Suppose you just found out someone doesn't like you. Someone that you actually rather like. Use your imagination if this has never happened to you. Just imagine someone you aren't friends with, but would like to be friends with, telling you that. How do you feel about that? How does it affect your psyche, if at all? And how do you respond to them, after finding this out?

Sirfetch’d

I'd be crushed ;; I've tried to start caring less of what others think about me but I can't seem to shake this awful desire of wanting to please and be liked by everyone that I interact with. To know that someone really dislikes me would be a major self-confidence crusher and I'd rather not know in all honesty.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    To be honest, I'm kinda pessimistic in the sense that I feel like I can be quite a dis-likable person. I'm not like mean or a bad person (at least to my knowledge haha) but I'm very boring and keep to myself a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't like me.

But the thing is, if you want to be friends with someone, I find it odd that before even getting to know you, they already dislike you and won't give friendship a chance. Perhaps they weren't friend material to begin with.

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    I was coming into this thread with the thought of saying, "Haha nope I don't care," but then you said it has to be someone I like. Well... ouch. I'd be pretty bummed at first but I think if I didn't know them too well to begin with I'd just end up disliking them back.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Only reason I'd like a stranger is 1)I was crushing on them or 2)there's something about them I admire. In the former case, I'd be sad, but I'd move on. Dunno if that'd really happen, cause I don't really ever fall for someone until I've gotten to know them a little, and vice versa, implying we're on good terms. As for the latter, well, it'd suck, but they're more of a role model figure. I don't need them to like me for me to admire them.

As for anyone else, well, I go by the motto "don't give a damn what anyone else thinks, so long as they aren't people you care for". Self explanatory, me thinks.

Years
  • To be honest, I'd feel ****** if someone that I rather like tells me that. But if someone's bold enough to go around telling that to other people, then I might as well as change my view on him/her.

Years
  • Haha, I'd almost feel like TJ Detweiler from Recess.

"The fact is, TJ, there are over 5 billion people on Earth, and it would be impossible for all of them to like you, or anyone else."
    "But come on, everybody likes me!"

I'm obviously (or, well, hopefully) not as egotistical as TJ, or even as popular, but I'd like to think that I'm pretty likable, and that I don't have many negative/unlikable qualities about me that would make someone dislike me.

Now, if it was someone that I liked a lot that came up to me, and said that they don't like me... I'd be devastated. I don't normally let what people think of me, or say to me, get to me. But, if it was someone that I liked immensely, and I had to see them everyday, everywhere, just thinking that they don't like me... That'd be a piledriver to the ol' self-confidence.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It depends on the person who said it..if it's a classmate I'll feel bad for a few days but then I'll move on but if it is a friend then I'll be hurt a lot but I'll be able to get over it in a long time.
    And I'll try behave normally around them...but it'll be impossible to behave normally tbh.

Years
  • It would definitely hurt my feelings, and I'd wonder why they didn't like me. It would hurt and make me feel even more boring than I already feel. Eventually I would probably realize they were not worth my friendship anyways, but at first it would make me sad. My response would probably be silence, and I'd try to avoid them as best as I could.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • It would definitely hurt my feelings, and I'd wonder why they didn't like me. It would hurt and make me feel even more boring than I already feel. Eventually I would probably realize they were not worth my friendship anyways, but at first it would make me sad. My response would probably be silence, and I'd try to avoid them as best as I could.

Everything I wanted to say is there. I'd just be there dumbfounded and it'd lower my confidence even more.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'd feel offended. Especially if I like them. Depending if I really wanted to be their friend, I'd ask them why. But it's better not to force the friendship, because after all, a guy I wanted to be friends with who didn't like me ended up being my best friend (and vice versa). Of course, we don't even talk anymore, but that's another story.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Lol it won't affect me at all tbh..i went through this before ..a girl from high school was a friend of my best friend every time she saw me she smiled in a weird way..till once my friend was absent and i saw her and waved at her,she came towards me and said i don't like you at all tbh!

i looked at her giggled and said i don't like you too lol ..strange how later every time she saw me in streets she yells my name and comes to hug me!!! leaves me to "Wat in the world!!" face

some people might seem nice to me so i would like to be friends with them..if they don't like me or not interested there are 7 Billion people on earth..it means i still have a chance with a 6 billion and 999,999 million other people so,not a big deal :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I'd be hurt quite a bit initially, but I'd get over it eventually and just move on. A similar thing happened when I was at uni for the week; once I finished the program, I haven't really given them a second thought until now, haha.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Originally Posted by AuroraBeam
    It would definitely hurt my feelings, and I'd wonder why they didn't like me. It would hurt and make me feel even more boring than I already feel. Eventually I would probably realize they were not worth my friendship anyways, but at first it would make me sad. My response would probably be silence, and I'd try to avoid them as best as I could.

Everything I wanted to say is there. I'd just be there dumbfounded and it'd lower my confidence even more.

Nate you dolt, you shouldn't worry about what other people have to say! They'd be missing out on a really fun friendship! :D

Anyway, I'm not sociable in the least when it comes to speaking in person, so the chances of that happening to me are pretty small. If I ever did like a person and asked them if we could be friends and they blatantly said "No" then I'd probably just stand there for awhile until muttering "Okay then..." and walking away.

It might hurt a bit (especially if that person was your crush) for a while but I'd get over it soon enough. Try and let it be 'water off a duck's back'.

Back