• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    You said yourself that it would last until September, chemotherapy doesn't stop 2 months before it's supposed to, doctors do not do that, even if you have no cancer left. They will keep you on it, my mother had the same thing two years ago. I am sorry but I am beginning to have some doubts about this entire situation.

https://i28.tinypic.com/k2bd3l.png

A) Couldn't it be that being around 11 could mean he's got some numbers mixed up? :> Heck, at 19 I'd probably mess up that sort of thing if I was stressed enough

B) I have a friend who had cancer when she was younger and she responded to chemo much faster than they would've thought and didn't need to complete it. :3 Same with my uncle.

pokeboy said:
    yea!!!!! chemo is finally over! wohoo just a C.T. scan in 4 weeks and a PET scan in 6 weeks and if i am clear they will arrange for my CVC line to be taken out and i will be in recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:> congrats! Once you're in recovery, what's the first thing you're going to do?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    A) Couldn't it be that being around 11 could mean he's got some numbers mixed up? :> Heck, at 19 I'd probably mess up that sort of thing if I was stressed enough

B) I have a friend who had cancer when she was younger and she responded to chemo much faster than they would've thought and didn't need to complete it. :3 Same with my uncle.

:> congrats! Once you're in recovery, what's the first thing you're going to do?
    Okay, but I never said he was lying, and no matter what I will have doubts because it's on a forum. I also am trying to find proof that it can / cant end early.

Congrats to PokeBoy.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090707183125AAp4OuL

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Actually, I talked to my mother about that situation since you brought it up (she's a registered nurse with a lot of experience, btw) and she said chemotherapy can certainly end early, that and the doctor certainly has such permissions if he believes it's the best course of action for the patient. Believe what you want, but I'm taking my mother's case here, and do believe poke'boy.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Actually, I talked to my mother about that situation since you brought it up (she's a registered nurse with a lot of experience, btw) and she said chemotherapy can certainly end early, that and the doctor certainly has such permissions if he believes it's the best course of action for the patient. Believe what you want, but I'm taking my mother's case here, and do believe poke'boy.
    Again I reiterate the fact that I am not calling him a liar, I just have doubts which is understandable because it is on a forum. But thank you for clearing that up.

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
    i would have said this earlier but i was on holiday for 5 days.

ok every chemo round my blood count has come up early so we start chemo EARLY, and my doctor just had a baby so i got i different doctor and she thinks i don't need my last round of chemo.

Last edited:

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    You'll get through this.

and if you don't, then I'll change my name to flippy.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Topics like this really shouldn't go on the internet in fairness. I mean on one hand it's such a serious thing that it's hard to accuse someone of lying since there is no way to tell, but it's hard to believe it also because facts may not add up.

Nash Bandicoot

Years
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

o CRAP, I had my PET scan on Tuesday got the results yesterday and well i still have cancer activity in my stomach. :disappoin

So I will have a biopsy next week and the if its bad results more CHEMO, some RADIATION, stem cell transplantsant something else.

My doctor said she has never seen my type of cancer not react to that type of chemo.

Nash Bandicoot

Years
    so i would have posted the results of the biopsy sooner but my stomach has hurt so much and when it got better i was so busy with school I forgot!

well the results where a miracle and the scan was a false positive. (positive=bad negative=good) so I have another scan in 4 weeks just to make sure its all dead tissue.

If you don't believe me fair enough because my doctor said even she could not explain it.

Thanks for all your support everyone, Poke'boy

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'm still here too, dude. Hope everything continues to go well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back