• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I have to brag :]]- Which Gym was easiest?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Leafgreen- Erika: She was easy to beat for me! (But then again, I had a Pidgeot and a Charizard ;)
    Sapphire/Emerald- Probably either Roxanner or Norman. I picked Torchic and it normally evolves into Combusken before fighting Roxanne so...:)

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    I always found Sabrina really easy, because I always went to Koga first, even though Sabrina is meant to be defeated before him. Also, Erika, because I had my Charizard and all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    All the first gym leaders were a piece of cake; so much that I started using pokemon that had a disadvantage just to try and challenge myself. But alas, no avail. Still too easy.

Also, I don't think any of the gym leaders in R/S/E put up a real challenge. :/ All of them were painfully easy. In FR/LG though, Sabrina was a bit of a challenge on my first run. After I started using Jolteon/Vaporeon with Bite though, she became easy bait.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    In absolute the gym type Poison all it takes is using a psyco and has practically defeated.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Erkika...Easy.... But i had a Charizard!!
    Also Koga. Easy with Flamethowers
    But Sabrina.... PAIN IN A BUTT!!!
    In Emerald, Roxanne, Wattson (Kind of) and Winona.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    In LG, Giovanni was THE EASIEST THING I'VE EVER DONE.
    No point in even battling him.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    the grass gym because by the time i get to that gym i either have a flying or fire type pokemon by then that wipes out the whole gym!

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Giovanni WAS easy. Always has been for me. I mean, you basically already know /most/ of his Pokemon because you battle him before you get to the gym. So, unless you've never played the game before and don't know who he is... you know which Pokemon to have ready.

:]]

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2009
    in Blue the easiest Gym was Rocko's. It was always a one hit K.O. with Bulbasaur on his pkemon.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I don't really remember my first runthroughs...But I do remember that Sabrina on my Fighting type monotype challenge was very very easy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2009
    The easiest gym i beat would be Brock. Not simply because of it being the first one, but because i started with Bulbasaur and got Vine Whip so it was simple kills. =]

Years
    Giovanni from Fire Red and Leaf Green. He is probably the easiest 8th gym leader in all of the generations. Ground type for the final gym is a very poor type if you have a decent Water Pokemon.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I think all of them but the first are easy. For some reason I never beat Brock with ease.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I usually don't beat Brock with ease, either. For some reason (even though I know he's rock and fire sucks against rock) I'm always stubborn and always start out with Charmander. This time, though, I was smart and caught a Mankey. So, this time, Brock was easy pickings. :]

On Red/Blue, though, it would take me three or more tries before I beat him...

Back