• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I heard about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
  • Sorry f this is the wrong place, ( the tuts sections has no requests sticky) but does anyone know how to make a game In flash? If so can you tell me oh I left out pokemon game okay!

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    You will not be making a game for a long time, at least to the caliber that you are wanting. Actionscript is what its name suggests, a scripting language. First learn action script then if your wheel does not start turning, then I believe you are hopeless. Some people are not meant for programming, their mind just does not work that way, if you have hard time understanding a scripting language, you can not program in a real language, you will not be able to grasp the concept.

https://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Flash/1

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
    Years
  • Thanks

Okay thanks guys oh and David I'm actully pretty good in c++ script so I should be okay also why judge people like that?

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Okay thanks guys oh and David I'm actully pretty good in c++ script so I should be okay also why judge people like that?
    Why do you even want to do flash? Never understand why anyone would go from C++ to flash, unless they think C++ is too hard. Its the truth, to be a programmer, you mind has to work like one. Its like trying to be a writer but you are the most uncreative person in the world, just does not work. Like trying to learn trigonometry without basic geometry or calculus without trig and algebra

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
    Years
  • E

Well I didn't want to make a game I. C++. And I thought it would be fun making a game in flash ( stuffs easy for me I got photographic mind:) ) so I think I could do it. Look if you want to help, you can help I'm not saying you have to just offering whew this is the biggest post since whenever.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
    Years
  • Hill

Dude chill I know this is going to get closed so I posted my question the the correct place , but we might as well use it for something. (money making scheme comes to mind) $ $
    W

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Trust me when I say, its not as easy as you might think, making a large scale game in flash is a seriously difficult task, for even the most seasoned flash user, I can say this from personal experience. You have to take a lot of factors into account.
    1) How much free time do you have, cus making a pokemon game in flash/photoshop takes forever, it can take a day or so just to make one map.
    2) How well do you think you can pick Flash actionscript up, its not the hardest language to learn but once you get into the more complex stuff it can be difficult.
    3) How many people will be working on this, cus trust me when I say one person would take years and years to make a game like this in flash, so defiantly get a full team to help you.
    4) How big will the game be. You have to remember that everyone playing this game might not have a good computer, as such a game the size and complexity of a pokemon game, could take hours to load for someone with a slow connection or slow computer. As such loading screens every now and then will have to be an option.

Im not trying to put you off or anything im just saying, its not a small task, and you will need help, a lot of time and a lot of commitment, but if you think you can do it, then I wish you the best of luck with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back