• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I just now realized they're remaking G/S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
  • I never really thought they'd do it.

I was like...

*Nintendo uses Surprise Remake attack! It's super effective! Legs go week under her. Jaw drops. Gets all starry eyed. Critical Hit! Yellow faints!*

I actually spent only a minor amount of time playing R/B/Y. I got my Pokemon up to their 80s, and I think I moved on to G/S/C at that point.

I owned Gold. G/S were my favorite Pokemon games of any of the games ever. Sadly I didn't see a remake being made like Fire Red/Leaf Green, and stopped hoping when they did D/P/P.

Someone catch me. My HP just hit zero. Not even Platinum got this much interest out of me.

Am I the only one absolutely ecstatic about this remake?

If not, does anybody else have any stories to share?

xXI JOE IXx

Everybody was super excited, but I can't beleive you've just found out, its already out in Japan, I imported the game, Its FANTASTIC!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah its already out and all so I'm not too excited bout this game anymore. Having played it, I find it fine but somethings leave me disappointed.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Certainly a good time to realise that =P

*catches*

Yeah, I'm excited. But I never actually owned any 2nd gen game, so I won't be getting any nostalgic feelings. Of course I have now played through Crystal, but only a couple years ago.

Years
  • Sounds like you're reacting the way I did..

^.^

Yep, incredibly excited, and there's nothing better that Nintendo could've done.

This game could be the last Pokémon game they made and I would be happy with it.

You know about the Pokémon following you, right? Right??

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Yup. Judging by my name, I'm obviously a fan of that. I saw a screenshot with a sceptile following you. Is it not just your' starter Pokemon that follows you?

*Is caught. Faints but does not get a bruise on her head. I hope that wasn't a pokeball. o.O;*

What gives you the idea this will be the last Pokemon game they make? traditional style or otherwise? I mean they could certainly remake S/R/E at this point. The system difference would be enough to say they could definitely do a good job and make it a great remake if they wanted to.

Or they could wait until it gets even older and remake it then! *Shrug*

Years
  • Oh, no no no! I wasn't saying it would be, I was meaning that if this were the last Pokémon game they made, I'd be happy with it; Johto was my favorite region (mainly for the nostalgia).

And yep. Any Pokémon can follow you.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Game Release Info Discussion/Chat thread please - at the top of this section. No real need to have another one for you to tell us you're a touch behind the times. =p

Also other threads such as this one for posting your opinion after playing it: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=197700 Can't say I'm surprised some are a touch 'meh' about it in places due to the over-hyping that comes with games like these. XD

Anyway, going to close this now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back